tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm now awaiting this RAM Mag mount from Amazon :

RAM Mounts Ball Adapter for Apple MagSafe RAP-B-202-AP-MAGU with B Size 1" Ball

This RAM adapter and a strong MagSafe charger might be a better and cheaper way to go - even with a Quadlock case

1669142773118.png

I used this RAM ball and threaded some 1/4-20 threads into the Quadlock head for a good fit.

1669143074256.png
tried this using the magsafe charger. unfortunately, the stock magsafe magnets are not strong enough to hold the phone up while driving
Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hello my dudes - two quick updates:

First, I've tweaked the design of the 17MM version to make the join of the arm a bit thicker. This addresses a very rare (~1-2%) of mounts that snap during install. I've replaced every one of these no questions asked, but it shouldn't happen for anyone in the first place. The updated design has been extensively tested and is much more robust. The look of the change is almost imperceivable, as shown here on a prototype:

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO IMG_1114.JPG

All orders as of a day or two ago - and all future orders - are going out with the updated version. If you snap your mount on first installation, please contact me as I'll replace it for you at no cost.

Second, I've been asked more than a few times about where to get power for a charging holder. The answer has always been from the 12V outlet underneath the dash in the center. I've been looking for a better solution, and I think I've found it in this guy - a ODB port powered USB QC 3.0 port that can supply up to 18W of power:

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 71aXupaJtRL

It installs in about a few minutes with no tools other than a trim tool or butter knife. The side panel pops out of the two retaining clips, then the bottom panel can be unclipped and hang as shown:

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO IMG_1098.JPG

The adapter installs on the ODB port and the USB port of the adapter fishes upward. I have it tucked under the steering wheel:

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO IMG_1099.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO IMG_1102.JPG

It's a much tidier run to this location, and the ODB port on the adapter is both pass-through (should someone like service need to use it) and is well away from anything that would impact it, like shoes. The run of the USB cable is a much straighter shot to this location than the one under the dash.

It's available quite a few places, and on Amazon for $29.99 here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SGC4K9T

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Ok so i've been playing around with phone stuff for a while - initially did a Riviparts print to RAM-X but it required two hands and I didn't like having to take my hand off the wheel to move it (plus no charging). So I went and bought this with the case/small arm from Peak design/OffRoam which are working on a Rivian mount but I'm too impatient to wait - problem is this ball is 20mm and the Riviparts are 1 inch and 17mm and weren't able to accommodate the new 20mm system securely so I went and made my own part using the Rivipart as a template. I'm not to a place where I can mass produce these yet but if someone else has the capability rock and roll. If there is interest and I get my printed situated I can probably hook a few people up.

The picture shows the different ball head sizes and incompatibility issues I was running into. Hopefully have this thing mounted when the sun comes up tomorrow.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO PXL_20230128_195334448~2

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Very quick update on this - after having a small (but vocal 😁) contingent of folks request it, I've created and commissioned a small run of 20MM PRO mounts. They are in stock now, and ready to ship. Pricing is $14.50, mainly due to the much smaller batch size that I ran of them.

https://riviparts.com/#phonepro

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO IMG_1262.JPG

17MM PRO - 20MM PRO - 1" PRO Mounts

Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Also worth noting is that the combo deal went live over the weekend as well. Purchase the 17MM PRO mount and the new 17MM Left Mount, both for $25.

Add them to the cart and enter 17MM as the coupon code.

I've had a bunch of people ask me which one to get. Why not both?

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
My 17mm RIVIPARTS phone mount arrived today.

The part snapped in place perfectly and it accepted my UIBI 16.94mm ball magnetic phone mount.

It feels great to finally have a secure $35 solution for a magnetic cell phone setup on the dash. I always have WAZE running on my cell phone as a backup to the less than perfect Rivian navigation system.

Great job RIVIPARTS! A perfect 5/5 rating from this R1T owner.

Here is the link to the magnetic UIBI mount that I also purchased to make it work. You simply stick the powerful N52 magnetic ring to the back of your cell.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PQH4NJB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 2A089E2D-533F-4336-B301-A5BA8A892FF3
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 9B29720D-700C-40E5-8388-1C317BA68099
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 6E554EFD-B92C-4AD7-A8B1-A74A56B8758F

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO FAF84202-D7BD-4364-87AE-7BF415BEC718
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO E34C6621-DFFD-43DF-86B7-DCDCD6AAC840

Last edited:

SilverGhost

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Systems Engineering Manager - Veh Data Acquisition Software
Just a heads up that if it works for you and you have a 3D printer, this option has been made available to you on Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5787779
with attribution to RiviParts work.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO PXL_20221121_215025106

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO PXL_20221121_215034468

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Just ran this yesterday; worked well with routing but needing a USB-A to USB-C adapter for the MagSafe charger. Thanks for the idea!

Hello my dudes - two quick updates:

First, I've tweaked the design of the 17MM version to make the join of the arm a bit thicker. This addresses a very rare (~1-2%) of mounts that snap during install. I've replaced every one of these no questions asked, but it shouldn't happen for anyone in the first place. The updated design has been extensively tested and is much more robust. The look of the change is almost imperceivable, as shown here on a prototype:

All orders as of a day or two ago - and all future orders - are going out with the updated version. If you snap your mount on first installation, please contact me as I'll replace it for you at no cost.

Second, I've been asked more than a few times about where to get power for a charging holder. The answer has always been from the 12V outlet underneath the dash in the center. I've been looking for a better solution, and I think I've found it in this guy - a ODB port powered USB QC 3.0 port that can supply up to 18W of power:

71aXupaJtRL.jpg

It installs in about a few minutes with no tools other than a trim tool or butter knife. The side panel pops out of the two retaining clips, then the bottom panel can be unclipped and hang as shown:

IMG_1098.JPG

The adapter installs on the ODB port and the USB port of the adapter fishes upward. I have it tucked under the steering wheel:

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1102.JPG

It's a much tidier run to this location, and the ODB port on the adapter is both pass-through (should someone like service need to use it) and is well away from anything that would impact it, like shoes. The run of the USB cable is a much straighter shot to this location than the one under the dash.

It's available quite a few places, and on Amazon for $29.99 here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SGC4K9T

bagsofcole

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap/OC R1T, FOR SALE: 2017 Tesla Model S 90D
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'd rather futz with finicky PETG than rebuild a Weber carb any day o_O
Never had more temperamental carbs then the POS Weber's on the X1/9's I owned.
That's funny, I'm on my 3rd rebuild of a carberator on my dirtbike and 5th reprint of this... and I apparently suck at both!