Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Has anyone had issues with the Direct Wiring Kit? I purchased the kit and tried using the pins and the soldered connection, but could not get any power to the USB splitter. I used a voltage meter and the pins that are supposed to be used for the Wiring kit, but I'm not getting any power out of them. Testing the other pins, I am getting 2.8 volts. @RWerksman have you heard of anyone not getting power from the charger harness?

***Fixed it. Was a blown fuse in the driver's side fuse box, number 48. 10 amp replacement at AutoZone, and all is back to normal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
Thanks so much for making the STLs public. I can't quit modifying it for my needs. I wanted a little more 'finished' look so this is what's in my car now...

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit tempImage9kIaz7

Still not completely satisfied though. Here's a sneak peak at a mod with a TPU (rubbery) top layer ...

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 12.42.03 PM

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Thanks so much for making the STLs public. I can't quit modifying it for my needs. I wanted a little more 'finished' look so this is what's in my car now...

♥♥♥

Fidgetthings

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Any reason why you could not wire the molex female connector directly to 2 USB PCB modules?

Sponsored

fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
Hey @RWerksman , I’m having issues keeping the model down, seated properly in its place. It’s always pushing up some. I really can’t figure out why this is happening. Any ideas how i can modify it to better click into place or stay down?

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hey @RWerksman , I’m having issues keeping the model down, seated properly in its place. It’s always pushing up some. I really can’t figure out why this is happening. Any ideas how i can modify it to better click into place or stay down?
What material did you print it out of?

Also - you might want to expand the small triangle at the front if that is where it's pulling from.

fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
yes i was thinking that triangle might click in better if bigger. I did use PLA+ since that’s what I have on hand and know how to print with. Would it really help much to use PETG? does PETG warp as much as PLA? I had to print with a brim to keep it from warping.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
yes i was thinking that triangle might click in better if bigger. I did use PLA+ since that’s what I have on hand and know how to print with. Would it really help much to use PETG? does PETG warp as much as PLA? I had to print with a brim to keep it from warping.
PLA (any form) should not be used inside of a vehicle. The temperature that it starts to deform is too low. That's likely what happened here, already.

You'll need to a do a high-quality PETG.

fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
Possible but hasn’t been exposed to high temps and PLA+ shouldnt be much more susceptible to heat than PETG. I don’t see signs of deformity. Comparing to original rivian module i think maybe if I make the front triangle a little more pronounced and the front side under the triangle a little more recessed, it should stay down better. I’ll let you know.

Sponsored

fluffhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
isthisrequired
Still a very tight fit, but now clicks into place satisfyingly. I did take your recommendation and use PETG. (It took a few bad prints to get it dialed in)
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit B0895F5B-DEF8-42EA-A77D-0175D16E4C35
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit EE8CF1ED-40F5-4C88-B27F-136F33A84ADD
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit F681ACCD-31AE-49BE-ADF2-205720720E5B
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Ultimate MagSafe Charging Pad Kit E81FCF02-B1CD-4EBD-8728-CB0FC3C2F9AB

yapaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

hi rob, does your original charging pad have the 3 latches? I see the original rivian charging pad has these latches. my unit does not stay down very well. will there be an upgrade to your original charging pad to include the latches? maybe an upgrade to just the bottom frame?

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
hi rob, does your original charging pad have the 3 latches? I see the original rivian charging pad has these latches. my unit does not stay down very well. will there be an upgrade to your original charging pad to include the latches? maybe an upgrade to just the bottom frame?
It does not currently. That is on the agenda for the V2 release. The second batch of V1 is just about sold out.

If you're having issues, contact me using the form and I'll be happy to help.

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
I still haven’t installed my set. I’d hold off if v2 is coming soon, as I don’t want to risk damaging the vehicle with multiple installs.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I still haven’t installed my set. I’d hold off if v2 is coming soon, as I don’t want to risk damaging the vehicle with multiple installs.
I feel like I need to be very clear here - there is no risk to the vehicle whatsoever with this installation, or repeated installations. The stock unit unclips and unplugs and this replacement just clips in. I can't speak for the other options, but this is designed to be as easy and straightforward as it gets.

V2 is a slightly tweaked version of what is already in place with no additional functionality or difference in look. It's a maintenance release and will be constructed of different materials. It's probably more accurate to call it V1.01. I'm using the sell through of the batch as a good opportunity to include some very basic updates. I'm running the production version in my Rivian right now and it's great.

FYI - I'm holding onto a few for warranty related items. I'll also be running a sale shortly to run through the remainder of the batch. Newsletter subscribers will be the first to get the heads up, likely Thursday morning. It's gonna be a big one. :)
Sponsored