First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
We've added new variant to our wide selection of Phone Mount Dash Anchors. In addition to our existing 17mm/20mm/25mm/1"/B-size mounts, we now have a 17mm Rigid Arm. This new arm is integrated into the Dash Anchor and thus a more rigid option than 3rd party risers.

Available at: https://everyamp.com/shop/phone-mount-dash-anchor-rivian-r1t-r1s/
Rivian R1T R1S New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S 17mm Rigid Arm with Dash Anchor Rivian R1T R1S New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S 17mm Rigid Arm with Dash Anchor Features

Pair that with our adjustable height Magnetic Phone Mount and there's endless options to mount your phone or accessories in a convenient and viewable location.
Rivian R1T R1S New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S 17mm Rigid Arm with Magnet Mount Rivian R1T R1S New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S 17mm Rigid Arm with Magnet Mount Features

As of now we only plan on producing and selling 17mm rigid arms but if there's a need for a different size just let us know!

How Dash Anchors Work
  • No screws or adhesives in the dash
  • Expands to lock in place on either side of the screen
  • Contracts to remove with nothing left behind

Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
That "cradle mount" as you called it. What is it? Where to get it?

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
That "cradle mount" as you called it. What is it? Where to get it?
I'm guessing you are referring to the one in the YouTube video. That's a generic phone mount from Amazon, like this one. But we haven't found one in that style that we want to include in a kit yet because they always seem to rattle when unoccupied. We've been through probably 20 phone mounts so far trying to find a strong winner. If you have a MagSafe compatible phone or case for non-iPhone we really like the one we offer as an add-on.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

nice addition. i have the older phone mount dash anchor (screenshot below) but in its current position, the steering wheel blocks about 40% of my phone. is there a way to purchase just the rigid arm and if so is it compatible with the old mount?

Rivian R1T R1S New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.37.57 PM

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
nice addition. i have the older phone mount dash anchor (screenshot below) but in its current position, the steering wheel blocks about 40% of my phone. is there a way to purchase just the rigid arm and if so is it compatible with the old mount?

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.37.57 PM.png
You bet. We should have it updated on the site tomorrow. As long as you have our design with the 2 depth adjustment screws on the back you're compatible.

Sponsored

yetti96

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad w/ Large Compass Yellow, 2019 BMW i3
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Have you (@EveryAmp) looked into vapor polishing your parts? I know FDM has gotten better but the visual appeal of most parts still doesn't scream quality (everyone's stuff, not singling you out). I am not intending to be mean or rude, just have 15 years of AM experience and have become accustomed to a certain level of finish from printed parts.

I don't mind buying from and supporting those who innovate, but when I see what I perceive to be sub op looking or functioning parts I tend to just redesign them and make them myself. Plus I don't want to actually have to design and make my own, I want to buy a solution.

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.37.57 PM.png
Here you go: https://everyamp.com/shop/part-rigid-arm-ball-mount-17mm/

It fits the high-temperature anchor design we introduced after June 2023 where the hex part of the ball mount has additional squared off parts to make it a tighter fit that can't rotate.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Have you (@EveryAmp) looked into vapor polishing your parts? I know FDM has gotten better but the visual appeal of most parts still doesn't scream quality (everyone's stuff, not singling you out). I am not intending to be mean or rude, just have 15 years of AM experience and have become accustomed to a certain level of finish from printed parts.

I don't mind buying from and supporting those who innovate, but when I see what I perceive to be sub op looking or functioning parts I tend to just redesign them and make them myself. Plus I don't want to actually have to design and make my own, I want to buy a solution.
I understand where you're coming from, especially from an engineering standpoint, but from the business side, it's just not viable. In making our products in the US, our #1 cost is labor and vapor polishing would add significantly to the cost.

Instead, we try to design parts such that the layer lines are less visible or not visible at all once they're installed. These dash anchors are a good example of that.

In other cases, like the Rivian SnapPlate, we add a texture to hide the lines and make it look nice on the truck: https://everyamp.com/shop/snapplate-license-plate-holder-rivian-r1t-r1s/

Hope that helps!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
any chance you can put on Amazon for us to take advantage of free shipping?
The arm alone won't be on Amazon. With how limited their listing format is and how their search will return the wrong items, it's a struggle just to get customers to order the the correct size, so we have to keep the options as minimal as possible.

We'll have the anchor + arm on Amazon, but it will be a higher cost vs our website to cover shipping it twice, the 10x return rate on Amazon, and Amazon's substantial fees. It will be a few weeks before it shows up in inventory there.

Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Installed new mount with riser and it’s great that my phone is no longer blocked by the steering wheel but the issue I’m having is it vibrates. It’s literally shaking my phone when I drive. I’ve screwed it in at tight as it’ll go. Didn’t have this issue with the non riser version. Is there an issue with mine or are they all like this?

Gary@114

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Health care
Clubs

Mine shakes a little as well. I think it is mostly due to the weight of the phone. On bumpy roads this may be more of an issue but for city driving and highway driving the convenience of the magna mount is appreciated. The shaking does not seem to be a deal breaker, I like the accessibility of the phone as well as the fact that it is away from the steering wheel and does not obscure any potion of the main screens

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
I’ve screwed it in at tight as it’ll go.
Assuming you mean the screw that locks it in place, that one doesn't affect the fit, it just moves a bump on the anchor into a slot on the back of the screen to keep it from sliding out.

To fine tune the fit, there are two screws on the back side that adjust the depth if you'd like: https://everyamp.com/instructions/instructions-dash-anchor-rivian-r1ts-2022/

Rivian R1T R1S New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S 1707669360229

Ultimately, the more weight you add and the farther it is from the anchor point magnifies any movement, but a rigid arm vs an adjustable arm does at least reduce the points where it can move.
Sponsored