Sponsored

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
So about a 5 week delay whilst the bright minds at Rivian figured out that 2 big blocks of polystyrene would do the trick.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Cardboard box and foam. 😂 Looks like any standard packaging. How bad was it before? Just a box and no foam?
it was a box that was too long and tall for the package and they only put a cursory amount of paper padding so it moved around while being shipped and like mine, many boxes came apart by the time they delivered. most if not all of the damage people had were at the edges of the tonneau so they addressed both major issues with this packaging change.

the pics below is how UPS dropped it off. i did not open it but i could clearly see the staples it not hold it closed.

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian tonneau cover delivery packaging has been upgraded (photo) IMG_5216

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian tonneau cover delivery packaging has been upgraded (photo) IMG_5218

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Just got my replacement with the new shipping foam for the sides. Took a quick look and everything looks fine. So hopefully you guys will be getting yours soon. I should think that the new shipping will provide a safer passage from Rivian to you guys.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

it was a box that was too long and tall for the package and they only put a cursory amount of paper padding so it moved around while being shipped and like mine, many boxes came apart by the time they delivered. most if not all of the damage people had were at the edges of the tonneau so they addressed both major issues with this packaging change.

the pics below is how UPS dropped it off. i did not open it but i could clearly see the staples it not hold it closed.

IMG_5216.jpeg

IMG_5218.jpeg
Wow that's terrible!

Sponsored

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

Just got my replacement with the new shipping foam for the sides. Took a quick look and everything looks fine. So hopefully you guys will be getting yours soon. I should think that the new shipping will provide a safer passage from Rivian to you guys.
They sent me an email that it should arrive between 11/11 and 11/13 .... nothing have shipped yet ... did they sent you similar email ?? I was hoping to get it before thanksgiving ... but I do not think it will be the case ..

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
They sent me an email that it should arrive between 11/11 and 11/13 .... nothing have shipped yet ... did they sent you similar email ?? I was hoping to get it before thanksgiving ... but I do not think it will be the case ..
For this shipment - I received no communication - and was surprised when I came home and found it on my porch. However, the first one I did get a shipping notice - so maybe with first shipments you may received a notification. This was a replacement as the first one had cracks on each panel.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Ditto. Asked CS they said they have no pending tracking or shipments for my account..

Update quote from Rivian service today:

“Yes we are working to ship out the manual tonneau covers and we did provide delivery timings for some of our shipments. Due to unforeseen circumstances we've had another delay to the shipping. You will receive shipping info once it is sent out”

Last edited:

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
So about a 5 week delay whilst the bright minds at Rivian figured out that 2 big blocks of polystyrene would do the trick.
Oversimplification. On top of decision by Rivian, there is time needed to get funding approved and released. Then there is lead time at the manufacturer's end to secure materials and implement into production/packaging. This is most likely not produced in-house, but sourced to an outside vendor. And all entities involved have their own business processes.

Just like home contruction/remodel. You've got you, contractors and their subcontractors.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Due to unforeseen circumstances we've had another delay to the shipping. You will receive shipping info once it is sent out”

I sincerely hope this is a joke!

mroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

I received mine last week (after nearly a year of waiting!) and it came in one piece. No gripes about it yet - seems to be doing the job.

sben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Add me to the list of people who were told a specific delivery window (in my case 11/8 to 11/13), did not receive it, and customer service says they still have no idea when it will be shipped...

calamanderman

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Explorer Sport, Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Attorney
For this shipment - I received no communication - and was surprised when I came home and found it on my porch. However, the first one I did get a shipping notice - so maybe with first shipments you may received a notification. This was a replacement as the first one had cracks on each panel.
Same, was told before the 13th, and still waiting. Lucky for the dude who got his two months EARLY... but Whiskey Tango, how does that happen? Not really asking, just a bit frustrated.
Sponsored