Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I'm confused. Does this only work for one garage/gate? I have a gate and a garage at the same geolocation. Will this not work for me? First I open then gate, then I open the garage.
I believe it says you can use the scroll wheel to select which you want to activate. Just got the update a couple hours ago, haven't had time to try it yet. 😆

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I believe it says you can use the scroll wheel to select which you want to activate. Just got the update a couple hours ago, haven't had time to try it yet. 😆
This is true, albeit a bit clunky. We have 2 garages and a gate, any of which might be used by the truck, so they're all programmed in. I do wish, like Tesla, the 'primary' soor would just open once you're withing a few feet.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Got to experience this update item this morning. Make it so much easier now to open and close the garage. 👏🏼

Reactions: VSG

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
This is true, albeit a bit clunky. We have 2 garages and a gate, any of which might be used by the truck, so they're all programmed in. I do wish, like Tesla, the 'primary' soor would just open once you're withing a few feet.
I wonder if they have waited due to safety issues with what Tesla does. There have been several times where our Tesla has triggered the door when it was far less than ideal timing.

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I wonder if they have waited due to safety issues with what Tesla does. There have been several times where our Tesla has triggered the door when it was far less than ideal timing.
Yeah, a small amount of times it's annoying (or stupid, when you're creeping to be within an inch of the door hoping it'll finally trigger!), but unless you're paying for the crappy MyQ integration, the car is just emulating the physical opener, so should, at least, not cause anything dangerous to happen.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Well I have 5 garage doors, 4 of which are fairly close in location. I set up those 4 and it is a complete mess driving up to the house, it starts scrolling through them all and ends up with the wrong one at the top of the list. Decided it is better to just set the one I use for the Rivian to use the location, turned location off for the rest of them. I would much rather have separate buttons for each door.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Well I have 5 garage doors, 4 of which are fairly close in location. I set up those 4 and it is a complete mess driving up to the house, it starts scrolling through them all and ends up with the wrong one at the top of the list. Decided it is better to just set the one I use for the Rivian to use the location, turned location off for the rest of them. I would much rather have separate buttons for each door.
Mine keeps the last one I used it seems, which works for me.

My biggest issue with this feature is that it takes too long to come up on screen to allow me to open the door. So I am left waiting for a bit before driving in.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Curious, do you constantly switch between witch garage door you use for the Rivian at one location? If not only set the primary to one touch. More of an issue if it is a gate and a garage door but just a thought.
I actually park my Rivian in a detached RV garage, where I also have my boat. But then I usually open one of the garage doors attached to the house as well. I really prefer the separate physical buttons I have in my other vehicles. so I agree that having the separate icons at least on the top of the center screen would work better than the stupid scrolling.

And I want nothing to do with anything automated related to my garage doors. I sometimes also just park in the driveway with no itent of garaging the truck before I leave again.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I'm still waiting for entertainment while charging. Just give us YouTube on the main screen and I'll be happy.
I have that in my Ford, never have used it.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I really like the auto feature on the Tesla but when working in the garage sometimes would be surprised when the wife came home. Got in the habit of putting a toolbox in front of the garage sensor to override the Tesla auto feature when in the garage with the door open.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Had it in my Tesla and used it all the time. Was very convenient when having to wait due to charging, wife in the store, etc.
At the bottom of my like to see list. I usually have an iPad in the vehicle when traveling, I just use that if I need to kill time while charging.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired