Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Expanding EV Exploration, RAN (Rivian Adventure Network) ab8d9699-dfaa-49a7-86e3-5f18e480abfb
Charge up now with the Rivian Adventure Network.​
Adding up to 140 miles of range to a Rivian in just 20 minutes, our first DC fast chargers recently opened in Colorado and California — with many more coming online this summer.​
Access to Adventure​
Rivian Adventure Network sites power longer road trips on major travel routes and interstates, but they’re also intentionally positioned for access to adventure in wild, uncrowded places.​
Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Expanding EV Exploration, RAN (Rivian Adventure Network) 2e531ce0-a7e4-46e6-bbc5-fafbf6654023
Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Expanding EV Exploration, RAN (Rivian Adventure Network) 9cdfa653-b6bd-4a10-aa0e-77b93b517b56
Matched with Renewables​
Every kilowatt-hour the chargers deliver is matched with renewable energy resources from solar and wind.* When you use them to charge an R1T or R1S, you’re helping reduce carbon emissions and create positive, lasting, community-wide impact.​
Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Expanding EV Exploration, RAN (Rivian Adventure Network) 0a988f02-bb4c-4833-bdd1-3dd3d75e951b
Seamless Connection​
We build our DC fast chargers to pair swiftly and seamlessly with Rivian vehicles. The integration of charging hardware and vehicle software means there’s no authentication needed —you just plug in and charging automatically begins.​
Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Expanding EV Exploration, RAN (Rivian Adventure Network) c7b398a3-194b-4a6b-b826-e74b9c127194
Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Expanding EV Exploration, RAN (Rivian Adventure Network) 5cb23ec2-5b9d-4d18-9887-7c4f85344bf3
Trailer Ready​
Unlike most chargers, Rivian Adventure Network sites are designed for bigger vehicles, and many locations will offer pull-throughs so you don’t have to maneuver or unhitch your trailer.​
Sponsored

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
Looks encouraging. From the Website:
"This year, we plan to open Rivian Adventure Network fast charging sites across North America, from coast to coast, on major interstate highways such as I-5, I-80, I-75 and I-95. We’ll also open sites near Arizona’s Coconino National Forest and the Blue Ridge Parkway along the southern and central Appalachian Mountains. "
I know we would all like more places, but just hitting the major interstates is at least a start.

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

"With many more coming online this summer." Summer ends September 22nd. Please, Rivian, please, I beg of you, have some of those RAN chargers online this summer on the I-15 corridor between San Diego and SLC for those of us in the region. I would love to not have to compete with Mach-Es and Ionics and ID4s for unreliable EA stations by the end of the summer.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Really need them to fill the massive gap along I-20 that currently exists right now. Just throw one down haflway between Birmingham and DFW and we'll be good.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
5cb23ec2-5b9d-4d18-9887-7c4f85344bf3.jpg
Trailer Ready​
Unlike most chargers, Rivian Adventure Network sites are designed for bigger vehicles, and many locations will offer pull-throughs so you don’t have to maneuver or unhitch your trailer.​

To me - this is one of the #1 moves to get EVs adopted to replace trucks. Trailer parking/pull through for charging. I really like to see this because EVERY towing video, they struggle not to block traffic or multiple spots at the charger.

Sponsored

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
This is crucial to Rivian’s success. Many luxury SUV and pickup truck drivers hesitant to go electric will be more likely to dive in knowing they can have reserved, high-speed charging across the US.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Looks encouraging. From the Website:
"This year, we plan to open Rivian Adventure Network fast charging sites across North America, from coast to coast, on major interstate highways such as I-5, I-80, I-75 and I-95. We’ll also open sites near Arizona’s Coconino National Forest and the Blue Ridge Parkway along the southern and central Appalachian Mountains. "
I know we would all like more places, but just hitting the major interstates is at least a start.
I think you're reading that more optimistically than I am. I take it as they'll have a site on a few interstates with nothing north of Colorado/CA other than I-95 on the east coast and I-5 on the west coast.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The article on their site does confirm all of the RAN units are built in Normal and will be 900 volt units to be ready for future requirements.

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
I think you're reading that more optimistically than I am. I take it as they'll have a site on a few interstates with nothing north of Colorado/CA other than I-95 on the east coast and I-5 on the west coast.
Of course I'm being over-optimistic...I'm a salesman!:) Ok. maybe I'm just hopeful???

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Really need them to fill the massive gap along I-20 that currently exists right now. Just throw one down haflway between Birmingham and DFW and we'll be good.
Amen! I am looking forward to the proposed Jackson & Tupelo locations. Would be great if they prioritized holes in the existing network rather than pile more options into charger-rich environments. 😉

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This is crucial to Rivian’s success. Many luxury SUV and pickup truck drivers hesitant to go electric will be more likely to dive in knowing they can have reserved, high-speed charging across the US.
Reserved.....temporarily

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

How long do we think the network will remain free? It would be nice if we get some stations up here in Vancouver and when I take delivery I can at least get in some free electrons for a bit... just a little bit... Please Rivian....

To thank our earliest customers and celebrate the network launch, charging at Rivian Adventure Network sites is free for now. We’ll share details on future pricing and membership as the network expands.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

How long do we think the network will remain free? It would be nice if we get some stations up here in Vancouver and when I take delivery I can at least get in some free electrons for a bit... just a little bit... Please Rivian....

To thank our earliest customers and celebrate the network launch, charging at Rivian Adventure Network sites is free for now. We’ll share details on future pricing and membership as the network expands.
I would assume you will get a year of free electrons at least after you take delivery, at least that is the impression I have. The open question is how long they give us current owners free charging.

Also the other open question is what their subscription is going to cost, I mean that is TBD but as an owner almost everything depends on that cell connection (Spotify, NAV, Driver+, etc) so I think the ownership experience looks very different without that cell connection.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I would gladly pay an EA-competitive rate if it continues to be exclusive 😉
Sponsored