Architect

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I would take a guess that this was written by Chat GPT.

Here is the prompt:

"Please write a criticism of the Rivian navigation in the style of a star magazine article that is authored by a technologically illiterate baby boomer who has never experienced the product"

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I would take a guess that this was written by Chat GPT.

Here is the prompt:
I modified your prompt a little to make it match the output a little better, but it's been sitting at this blinking text box for the last several minutes. Even ChatGPT doesn't want to waste it's time and energy on this garbage.
Rivian R1T R1S NAVIGATION MORE IMPORTANT THAN GEN Z THINKS 1678290099166

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Lost me at "young person told me to type it in the address by hand" lol, that definitely did not happen.

Sponsored

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
From what I have played with of the nav system in the R1T (this was at a First Mile event over a year ago). It was very laggy and not as impressive as our Model Y. However, I did own a 2018 Model 3 and if anyone else was in that boat realize how much the nav system has been updated and has changed into something really, really great.

I have no doubt in my mind that Rivian is headed down the same road. I have no worries that the nav system is going to continue to only get better. It's a tech company. Tech usually gets better over time and with OTA updates, it will only be a matter of time we see some major UI improvements and navigation improvements in the years to come.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Space Karen and Forum Karen here should get along quite nicely.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Correct and he doesn't own a Rivian.
That's what I'm confused about. The other thread is whining about the navigation during test drive and saying they aren't sure if they will even buy a Rivian. Now this thread comes 3 months later again whining about the navigation, which brings up 2 questions for me:
1. This person bought a Rivian after knowing how much they disliked the navigation. Why?
2. They did not buy a Rivian, so why are they still complaining about the navigation?

Both questions and their answers make me very concerned for the future of humanity.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Both questions and their answers make me very concerned for the future of humanity.
How often do you complain about the future of humanity yet you haven't purchased it yet? sheesh.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
That's what I'm confused about. The other thread is whining about the navigation during test drive and saying they aren't sure if they will even buy a Rivian. Now this thread comes 3 months later again whining about the navigation, which brings up 2 questions for me:
1. This person bought a Rivian after knowing how much they disliked the navigation. Why?
2. They did not buy a Rivian, so why are they still complaining about the navigation?

3. It’s a shill account here to spread doubt over Rivian’s quality and all they can come up with is a pathetic gripe about the navigation which is firmly above average in the field.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
What they should really offer is the ability to put coordinates into the navigation system. My Jeep has that feature and it's incredibly useful. Plus, you get zero errors from street addresses and that sort of thing when the address really isn't quite correct on the mapping software.

I'll often look up a destination on Google Maps and then get pinpoint geo coordinates and use those in my navigation system to get to that exact point on the map. Doing this is really useful in densely populated areas. It's also fantastic for finding a trial head.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
What they should really offer is the ability to put coordinates into the navigation system. My Jeep has that feature and it's incredibly useful. Plus, you get zero errors from street addresses and that sort of thing when the address really isn't quite correct on the mapping software.

I'll often look up a destination on Google Maps and then get pinpoint geo coordinates and use those in my navigation system to get to that exact point on the map. Doing this is really useful in densely populated areas. It's also fantastic for finding a trial head.
That does sound useful. I've still never had a use case to get in my R1T and put something in the navigation. I never did it with my Tesla either. 100% of the time I open Google Maps on my phone and share it with the vehicle, 0 issues, ever. You can even share a random pin on the map, so you really don't need the coordinates feature if you use this.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
I am very surprized at the number of people that have not been outraged by the feeble nav. system in the Rivian. Mine has been delayed AGAIN, but my buddy's cam and we have been seeing how poorly Alexa is. My Tesla nav system can find ANYTHING. If I as for a restaurant, it shows me ALL of the locations of that restaurant. If I need to find a Drs. Office I tell it to navigate to that Drs. office and Tesla gives me the option to call him! Some young kid said "just enter the address by hand". Dude, I dont KNOW the address. I dont care what any of you Tesla X haters say, mine if fabulous, and the Nav system is a HUGE part of my driving experience. Rivian might be able to handle boulders, but my boulders are getting to where Im going every day.
what are you talking about tesla appologist. There is nothing wrong with navigation system in Rivian and Alexa is pretty good too!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
And why the Gen Z dig in your title. Everyone wants to pick on the kids.
Apparently Gen Z is just more competent in life than whoever this person is. Not surprised, Gen Z seems pretty awesome.
Okay boomer, why don't you learn how to navigate with your brain and paper maps.

This post just feels like it was written to intentionally inflame to get more interaction and eyes on it.

And if you don't know the address, maybe, just maybe, you could get that by calling the doctor's office? I know talking to people on the phone is scary.
The incompetence of this fella is a little mind boggling.

TYPING???? WHO TYPES??. I just SAY it and Tesla does it.
Congrats at your incompetence in being able to respond to even the simplest of challenges in life...?
Sponsored