First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Where did you get the 15k number? I had thought I had read it was many times that
No there was a recent article where they listed planned deliveries throu 2024;

Rivian R1T R1S My Lightning is Built 544B5B14-1029-40F0-8C92-7BA0402FE1D2

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
No there was a recent article where they listed planned deliveries throu 2024;

544B5B14-1029-40F0-8C92-7BA0402FE1D2.jpeg
Thanks for the info. I thought it was much more as well.

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Old numbers, they doubled production targets again to hit 150k annualized capacity by mid 2023.
SANZCO2 & guernesj could post links

I also think that the 15k # seems Absurdly low and means Rivian would out pace Ford for 2022.

RJ ā€œmightā€ be a good engineer but his teamā€™s business acumen is substandard imho. Communication, Pricing Gate, ILL Prepared Supplies to build 50k units all while having the deepest of pockets, ect

Rivian could be this generationā€™s DeLorean.

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Regarding price points on the Lightning, several reviewers have said Ford told them the Pro ($40k version) will initially only be built for fleet customers and donā€™t expect to see them at dealers. Most pre orders are in the $75-85k range. Again, from multiple reviewers who did the Ford press event in Texas. So about the same price point as the LE R1T.

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I figured I didn't have to considering it's a widely known, readily available fact that anyone could verify for themselves by googling for 3 seconds šŸ˜œ

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=Ford+production+150k+mid+2023
So you couldnā€™t find the article you were referencing? Simple few seconds to back yourself up tooā€¦ In reading some of the quotes that contain future production estimates the wording can easily be misconstrued.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

SANZCO2 & guernesj could post links

I also think that the 15k # seems Absurdly low and means Rivian would out pace Ford for 2022.

RJ ā€œmightā€ be a good engineer but his teamā€™s business acumen is substandard imho. Communication, Pricing Gate, ILL Prepared Supplies to build 50k units all while having the deepest of pockets, ect

Rivian could be this generationā€™s DeLorean.
I mean, orchestrating a $12b IPO that's one of the biggest in history and then turning around and securing $1.5b in tax incentives to build a second manufacturing facility seems like pretty good business acumen.

But what do I know?

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
So you couldnā€™t find the article you were referencing? Simple few seconds to back yourself up tooā€¦ In reading some of the quotes that contain future production estimates the wording can easily be misconstrued.
Lol if that was your takeaway...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../04/26/production-begins-f-150-lightning.html

I'm just poking fun at how easy this info is to find and verify, and suggesting to fellow Internet strangers that maybe they can/should do it for themselves rather than relying on other Internet strangers.

Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Regarding price points on the Lightning, several reviewers have said Ford told them the Pro ($40k version) will initially only be built for fleet customers and donā€™t expect to see them at dealers. Most pre orders are in the $75-85k range. Again, from multiple reviewers who did the Ford press event in Texas. So about the same price point as the LE R1T.
Regular people were able to order the pro in the first wave. So maybe 500 to 1000 regular people got the pro, everyone else had to get xlt or above.

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I mean, orchestrating a $12b IPO that's one of the biggest in history and then turning around and securing $1.5b in tax incentives to build a second manufacturing facility seems like pretty good business acumen.

But what do I know?
That is an accomplishment for sure. But are you saying producing 25k vehicles at a staggeringly high negative gross margin is a good example of "pretty good business acumen?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
That is an accomplishment for sure. But are you saying producing 25k vehicles at a staggeringly high negative gross margin is a good example of "pretty good business acumen?
Starting a business and launching at all during a pandemic with mass shortages and inflation is at least decent.
Sponsored