Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Have new Guide contacts went this dead or are people ignoring this thread? Best I can see no new contacts since June 15 posted here.
Seems to be correct from what I see here and on another forum. Maybe things will speed up this week??

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I am still confused as I am in southern California and preordered in 2018 with a spec that has already been contacted.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I am still confused as I am in southern California and preordered in 2018 with a spec that has already been contacted.
Yea...I'm to the point that I think they decided which configs/locations they could get R1Ts to quickest, then put names in a hat for the people that fit that criteria and chose them that way. Location is top priority, interior color, exterior color and lastly, order number.

Of course all we can do is speculate, because they just don't seem to want to tell us much.

Sponsored

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Just got contacted for mine!

Date Contacted: June 21st, 2021
Preorder Date / Number: December 14th, 2018 / #3174
Vehicle Type: R1T Launch Edition
Color: Launch Green
Interior: Black Mountain
Wheels: 20" All Terrain
Other Configuration Details: Offroad Package, Wall Charger, All Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Crossbars w/ Ski/Snowboard
Estimated Delivery: End of November

As a reminder, if you've also been contacted, please add your config to this thread.

Last edited:

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner

Date Contacted: June 21st, 2021
Preorder Date / Number: December 14th, 2018 / #3174
Vehicle Type: R1T Launch Edition
Color: Launch Green
Interior: Black Mountain
Wheels: 20" All Terrain
Other Configuration Details: Offroad Package, Wall Charger, All Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Crossbars w/ Ski/Snowboard
Estimated Delivery: TBD, call scheduled for 6/21

As a reminder, if you've also been contacted, please add your config to this thread.

Can I please get a ride after you receive yours?!?!?

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Estimated Delivery: TBD, call scheduled for 6/21
What time is your call today? Can't wait to see what they tell you!

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can I please get a ride after you receive yours?!?!?
YES DUH!

I'm better understanding why other members have complained about your attitude in this forum. Most of your posts seem to be cynical and persnickety. You're a bit of a Debbie Downer :) Yes, we should criticize Rivian and hold them accountable, but we don't have to be... how you're being.

The reason they're contacting is to give us an idea of what to expect next and arle precise delivery window. That's very helpful imo and what we've been asking for. You also have no idea how many cars they're making a day or will be able over the next 6weeks.

What time is your call today? Can't wait to see what they tell you!
Call is scheduled for 6/21! I will absolutely report back.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Grrrr. I hear ya. I ordered in March 2019.

I think the biggest challenge is simple. Not enough production. If they are only building a few thousand a month to start, they can't send one to Maine, and the next one to Alabama and the next one to Utah.

I think those that ordered the 400 mile range version won't START getting theirs until spring of 2022. And it may take most of 2022 to get orders delivered just to that waiting list.

Sponsored

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think they have the level of detail we want from them yet. Or, if they have a general idea, they don't want to commit to it yet. That's reasonable imo as I'd rather rather have accurate information that doesn't change than a bunch of jumbled messages. What I've been most annoyed by is not knowing a window for my delivery (not all deliveries). Having pre-ordered in 2018 and knowing that Guide contacts are being prioritized by date, I was definitely getting a little frustrated.

All that said, hopeful that they do release more specifics very soon.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I don't think they have the level of detail we want from them yet. Or, if they have a general idea, they don't want to commit to it yet. That's reasonable imo as I'd rather rather have accurate information that doesn't change than a bunch of jumbled messages. What I've been most annoyed by is not knowing a window for my delivery (not all deliveries). Having pre-ordered in 2018 and knowing that Guide contacts are being prioritized by date, I was definitely getting a little frustrated.

All that said, hopeful that they do release more specifics very soon.
Seems like from what previous contacts have reported, the expectation was that a lot more information would be shared in July. Will be nice if they can confirm this and if they have any kind of schedule they could share with you. Maybe like specific weeks and details for that week.