First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Tesla S. 11 F250, 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired
Please join us for an off-road meet up! We will be meeting at Crystal Springs Sno-Park just off Kachess Lake Road and i90.

This event is aimed toward Rivian owners but if you have a Rivian on order and an off-road vehicle capable of keeping up, we'd love to have you join! We will have our first Show & Tell in early November either in Seattle or Bellevue.

We'll meet at 10:00 am and start on the trail at 10:30. We'll caravan over Stampede Pass to Greenwater. I'm allotting four hours so we can stop for lunch and take our time enjoying the views, but we might be done sooner than that. Starting at in the morning will allow for everyone to be home before dinner and hopefully avoid some midday weekend traffic. .

Stampede Pass is 31.4 miles and is rated 2/10 so this is a great, easy route to get your feet wet if you haven't off-roaded before.

Roundtrip is 172 miles from downtown Seattle so charging to 100% should allow for no stops even with the efficiency hit on the trail. If the range hit is much worse than expected there is an EA fast charger 40 miles from the trail end at South Hill Mall (Puyallup) or the Auburn Outlet Collection so as long as we have 50+ miles left, we're good to go.

Food: I'll bring ingredients for some sandwiches along with some granola and chips. Maybe someone could bring beverages?

Ask questions below and don't hesitate to message me.

onXoffroad link for Stampede Pass: https://webmap.onxmaps.com/offroad/map/query/47.19242,-121.40251,12.23/overview?mode=dirt

Date: Saturday, October 22nd
Time: 10:00am meet up - hit the trail at 10:30
Location: Crystal Springs Sno-Park for the meet up. Then Stampede Pass to Greenwater is the trail.
Hi I was thinking about joining you for the Stampede pass meetup.

I don't have either of my Rivians yet. Looking to get a R1S and a R1T.

I live over on the Olympic Peninsula and was thinking about bringing my brother along. I haven't seen any Rivians up close and thought that it might be a good chance to see some in the wild.

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ that my R1S will be replacing. And that is what I intend to bring along.

Am hoping that it will be worth my trip, even with the chance of rain and smoke in the air.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dmc94

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Hi I was thinking about joining you for the Stampede pass meetup.

I don't have either of my Rivians yet. Looking to get a R1S and a R1T.

I live over on the Olympic Peninsula and was thinking about bringing my brother along. I haven't seen any Rivians up close and thought that it might be a good chance to see some in the wild.

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ that my R1S will be replacing. And that is what I intend to bring along.

Am hoping that it will be worth my trip, even with the chance of rain and smoke in the air.
As long as you have 4WD then we'll see you there! So far I think there will be 10-12 R1's present. We will go with light to moderate rain as long as snow or torrential downpours aren't present. I'll send a final update on Thursday.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
As long as you have 4WD then we'll see you there! So far I think there will be 10-12 R1's present. We will go with light to moderate rain as long as snow or torrential downpours aren't present. I'll send a final update on Thursday.
Thanks, the rain was my concern as well. Will look out for that Thursday update!

Smokey

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Planning on being there. Watching thread for updates.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I'm a maybe depending on the weather. Been spoiled lately in the PNW.
For those organising or going you should follow Michael Snyder with Pacific Northwest Weather Watch and his weather videos that he posts every day or two. Very informative for those living in the area.
You can follow him on twitter or youtube
Latest here- Pacific Northwest, you can see the change coming! - YouTube

Sponsored

OP
OP
dmc94

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Great tip! We’re still keeping our eye on weather and if it’s too bad, we’ll change to a meet and great somewhere in Bellevue.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S Meet-and-greet (Bellevue, WA) - October 22 - SEE NEW POSTS! 1666210804780

Just looked this up too.

OP
OP
dmc94

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Where is this from?

silby1383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I so wish I was in town for this as I really do want to join a group of R1 enthusiasts that are trying their hand at off-roading. Hopefully y’all will do this again!

Mcdoo

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Just to add to the discussion, Looks like the highest point from what I can tell via onX is going to be just over 5400ft. So looks like there will be snow at some point on that trail if snow level stays at 4000.
Which reminds me, I need to get some snow socks to be compliant with WADOT as chains aren't recommended for the my tire size.

Rivian R1T R1S Meet-and-greet (Bellevue, WA) - October 22 - SEE NEW POSTS! 1666220773338

Sponsored

OP
OP
dmc94

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

I have the same tires and good call on the socks. The top of that mountain can be a bit rocky. Thoughts on still going in snow? I’m thinking about the people with 21 and 22’s.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Just to add to the discussion, Looks like the highest point from what I can tell via onX is going to be just over 5400ft. So looks like there will be snow at some point on that trail if snow level stays at 4000.
Which reminds me, I need to get some snow socks to be compliant with WADOT as chains aren't recommended for the my tire size.

1666220773338.png
https://www.wsdot.com/winter/files/2018-alternative-traction-devices.pdf

And just for reference for folks, our rules:
https://wsdot.com/travel/real-time/mountainpasses/tiresandchains

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

So I just got in the truck and I got a “service suspension soon” error… I created a service ticket, but no idea 1) what is wrong and 2) what the fix is.

So my participation is pending on that :(

edit: just got off the phone with the service person, Bellevue servicecenter can see me on… January 14th ?!?

In the meantime the car “should” be safe to drive.

not impressed at the moment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmc94

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

So I just got in the truck and I got a “service suspension soon” error… I created a service ticket, but no idea 1) what is wrong and 2) what the fix is.

edit: just got off the phone with the service person, Bellevue servicecenter can see me on… January 14th ?!?

Shoot. Service has been slow. They told me if the truck needed immediate repair then they would do an emergency appointment. Still not great.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler

I got the same error after picking up my truck. It was loose connectors that they cleaned and reattached and I never saw the error again. Hopefully they will get you in sooner, mine was a quick fix.
Sponsored