Sponsored

Wait times for Service center appointments getting longer?

Seattleite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Slacker
Clubs

I just scheduled a service center appointment, and the first available date was April 29th at Bellevue, with it being further out at Kirkland (I should have asked about Auburn, but didn't). I sure hope the South Seattle service center opens soon!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I can't say with any accuracy, but based on general commentary lately I would say in *most* areas it seems to be getting shorter, not longer. Although part of that is Rivian prioritizing more serious repairs so that would mean others might be getting pushed out farther? 🤷‍♂️

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

Seven months ago I scheduled an appointment at Bellevue, and the first opening was 4.5 months away. Based on our two data points, it sounds like the waits are getting shorter...

But yeah, still not short enough. I love my R1S but I'm not recommending friends or family buy one until these wait times improve.

Martyr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
I just scheduled a service center appointment, and the first available date was April 29th at Bellevue, with it being further out at Kirkland (I should have asked about Auburn, but didn't). I sure hope the South Seattle service center opens soon!
I just scheduled a service at Auburn (WA) for Feb 1, which seemed fast. Service was scheduled via service chat on the app.

S.Mueller

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra 1500SLT, Ioniq5
In SoCal, went to add a request the other day and app showed no available appointments at El Segundo and Irvine and if I wanted to drive over 100mi to San Diego the earliest was May 1st.

S.Mueller

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra 1500SLT, Ioniq5
So yesterday after waiting three months for my service appointment I took my R1S in to have my hood alignment corrected and my onboard compressor fixed so it stops at the set PSI limit. I received a call from Rivian last week asking if I’d prefer to have a mobile appointment and when I told them that my hood ligament required the SC and the compressor was already attempted to be fixed when the mobile service came to install my compact spare they concurred that I needed to go to the SC. He also said that the appointment should only take 2 to 3 hours and that they’d provide Uber credits so that we could use them to get lunch or whatever.
My wife and drove to our appointment and when we met with the service rep we were told that they needed the vehicle for a week to do the work. “They were too backlogged and didn’t have the compressor in their work order” even though the mobile service had tried replacing the parts and was supposed to log it and follow up!
We were offered a rental vehicle, when I asked for a R1S/T loaner she said they didn’t have one available. We were dumbstruck, why in the three months prior Rivian couldn’t have informed us that this was to be expected, why we were told the prior week that the work would be done same day is all astounding! Come on Rivian you’re better than this!
Since we weren’t prepared to be without the vehicle for a week (or more, who knows) we left after being promised that when we rescheduled we’d be worked into the schedule.
Now, this morning, I see that there’s a thread suggesting that Rivian may be doing a “worldwide debut for the new R2”! Another product line will only exacerbate this SC shortfall.
YES, I’ve been on the forums long enough to know about the SC issues BUT the communication needs to be improved so that owners know what to expect when taking their vehicles in for a service appointment!
Sponsored