May/June Deliveries Thread

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
After a few chats with my guide in the past two days it seems I have a VIN#.

He tried finding me something local or in-state but no luck. I guess there are maybe 40-50 built trucks floating around with various configs. None of them matched what I would settle for but he found an assembled truck at the factory that has completed QC. He matched it to me but still waiting for the DPP email.

There are some weird configs out there like a truck with the underbody protection and 22" wheels - He's been great to work with and I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get the truck shipped to CA and hope it passes QC at the service center.

On another note I changed my interior to BM at the end of March hoping it would get me a truck sooner. That may have been a mistake as it seems they are batching FE interiors now, and they don't seem to be doing the underbody batches at this time. I changed back to the FE interior and ditched the underbody protection as he located multiple trucks with that config at the factory
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

On another note I changed my interior to BM at the end of March hoping it would get me a truck sooner. That may have been a mistake as it seems they are batching FE interiors now, and they don't seem to be doing the underbody batches at this time. I changed back to the FE interior and ditched the underbody protection as he located multiple trucks with that config at the factory
Another example of the right hand and left hand being out of synch at Rivian. After having two trucks yanked from my greedy little hands my guide said i was going back into the queue waiting for a truck off the line. He asked what i wanted my config to be and I said I didn't want to pick a config that would lengthen my wait time as I'm truly undecided on LG vs Limestone and AT Black vs AT standard wheels - and I'd also take FE if it was in LG but not Limestone. He said that i was selected for fulfillment because the current batch is LG, BM, 20 AT Std, with the shield (my original config when the first contacted me).

My only explanation is that if he in fact found FE/No Shield at the factory, maybe they are already finished from a recently completed batch and they are moving on to BM/With Shield.

Honestly who knows. I just figure I'll have a truck in a few weeks or I won't.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

And another update:

Apparently the 2nd truck (LG FE Dark ATs) that I "lost" is actually available, so I asked him to lock it down.

I'm going to stat a separate thread on this, but trying to decide if I fly to Normal to pick it up and drive it home. I had told the guide "hell I'll fly to Normal and pick it up", he said originally that wasn't an option because I'd have to pay IL sales tax, but he then came back and said that wasn't the case and it was an option if i wanted to do it.

Sponsored

JJA

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Sienna, Mustang
Occupation
Engineer, business owner
I have a delivery scheduled to greenville at 1pm Saturday. Guided tour... was scheduled Tuesday... I'm giddy

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I have a delivery scheduled to greenville at 1pm Saturday. Guided tour... was scheduled Tuesday... I'm giddy
Same day/time for me, but Columbus, GA! And my Lectron Tesla to J1772 adapter is coming today, anxious to try it out at a local Tesla destination charger...hoping it works! Wair is my wall charger!!!

Edit: Tesla to J1772 adapter came and Wall Charger showed up on front porch (then later in day got email with tracking number, and guide emailed and asked if I got my charger). Things are getting REAL! Going to install the wall charger tomorrow, just got to go to Lowe's first to git some 6 gauge warr, conduit, junction box, and connectors! 60 amp breaker already waiting in box...everything in place for Saturday delivery :clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: JJA

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Wave as you pass Top Golf - we live in the plan on the hill above it!

BTW - I've mentioned you a few times around the house. As far as I know, you were the first and maybe only one around Pittsburgh with a Rivian. Today the club got a a bit bigger, with hopefully many more to join.
Saw your name pop up on the delivery tracker. Now I know there are at least two of you in the area to be on the lookout for, and now I know where to slow down and rubber neck a little harder hoping for a sighting. I go back and forth on 79 at least once or twice a week between home and visiting my family in Moon. Congrats on your truck. If only I had known then what I knew now. I would have ditched my max pack order for a launch edition when it was available, and chances are decent you would be the one looking for me driving around.
Oh yeah, if you see a dirty white Escape weaving in and out of traffic to catch up with you for a good gawking, it's me.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Just got a call from Rivian and my R1T is scheduled to be delivered May 25 to my house. They had to repair the tonneau cover that was somehow damaged.

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

Mgdavis

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLB , Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Retired
After a few chats with my guide in the past two days it seems I have a VIN#.

He tried finding me something local or in-state but no luck. I guess there are maybe 40-50 built trucks floating around with various configs. None of them matched what I would settle for but he found an assembled truck at the factory that has completed QC. He matched it to me but still waiting for the DPP email.

There are some weird configs out there like a truck with the underbody protection and 22" wheels - He's been great to work with and I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get the truck shipped to CA and hope it passes QC at the service center.

They called me a week ago,told me they had one not spoken for that matched my configuration, do you want it? Supposed to be delivered 6/7! Yeah!

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Update: When last we left our hero, he had been offered and accepted two trucks, only to have them both yanked out from under him. However, the guide texted back and said the 2nd truck was in fact available (LE LG FE Dark 20s Shield) and I could pick it up in Normal or they could ship it to Portland. I decided to pick it up on Wednesday, and use an extended long weekend to drive it home. I will likely regret this decision repeatedly, but YOLO!

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I got my 8-steps opened up on 5/18 and completed steps 1-7 on 5/19 (I didn't set the speed record but less than 24 hour is respectable). Then Today the Brooklyn service center called and I scheduled home delivery next Friday 5/27! 15 days from meeting my guide till delivery and I'm almost 5 hours from the nearest delivery center, Well done Rivian!
Sponsored