May/June Deliveries Thread

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Is the passenger seat/airbag recall holding up these deliveries? Those of you with guides that communicate with you - do they reference this recall at all?
From the news but I've asked - "Rivian said that the issue affects 502 R1T electric pickup trucks produced between the very start of production last year and until April 12, 2022"
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

hahahahaha - jokes on me. Apparently the VIN assigned to me is "no longer available" when asked why my guide (who is super responsive) said "In contacting the service center about scheduling your delivery they informed me the VIN is not available for delivery at this time"

So there is a truck in Normal that they can ship to me, so I just have to wait for that to happen and then for it to get inspected, so who knows when that all gets done but its 100% not by Monday.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
hahahahaha - jokes on me. Apparently the VIN assigned to me is "no longer available" when asked why my guide (who is super responsive) said "In contacting the service center about scheduling your delivery they informed me the VIN is not available for delivery at this time"

So there is a truck in Normal that they can ship to me, so I just have to wait for that to happen and then for it to get inspected, so who knows when that all gets done but its 100% not by Monday.
Probably failed quality check at the service center?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

My guide sounded like I could get my vehicle this week (factory pickup). He said he'd send the email to schedule the Rivian insurance call, that didn't happen till today. Call scheduled for Thursday.

My guess is, like quarter end, they had a rush to deliver before the quarterly report. After that, things have seemed to slow back down. Probably won't have another rush until the end of June.

Sponsored

weathermission

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weathermission.com
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
My guide sounded like I could get my vehicle this week (factory pickup). He said he'd send the email to schedule the Rivian insurance call, that didn't happen till today. Call scheduled for Thursday.

My guess is, like quarter end, they had a rush to deliver before the quarterly report. After that, things have seemed to slow back down. Probably won't have another rush until the end of June.
I was also expecting factory pickup next week and am almost done with the 8-steps. Then I get a text a few minutes ago telling me hey, the truck is in Atlanta and I can pick up Friday. ??

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I was also expecting factory pickup next week and am almost done with the 8-steps. Then I get a text a few minutes ago telling me hey, the truck is in Atlanta and I can pick up Friday. ??
Your guide probably forgot to update the delivery location.

When I was on the phone, he updated the delivery address to the factory so they wouldn't ship.

Also, I now fully expect my wall charger to be delivered to the factory lol!

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Your guide probably forgot to update the delivery location.

When I was on the phone, he updated the delivery address to the factory so they wouldn't ship.

Also, I now fully expect my wall charger to be delivered to the factory lol!
Nah you can see they have different addresses for each thing in your info. If you do the same graphql lookup it'll show where each component is going.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

And another update. My account is updated with the new config w/ the black wheels. So this is the truck as I originally configured it on Day One w/ the FE interior and black wheels. And, honestly, it's a badass look, so there's that.

Oddly enough my 8 step process still shows up and the first few steps are still done, including financing which isn't accurate as the price increased $3500.

In any case, now the truck just needs to make it out to Portland.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Nah you can see they have different addresses for each thing in your info. If you do the same graphql lookup it'll show where each component is going.
nice. good way to verify that they didn't mess it up.

Vehicle Shipping Address:

"shippingAddress": {
"line1": "100 Rivian Motorway",
"line2": null,
"city": "Normal",
"state": "IL",
"country": "US",
"postalCode": "61761"
}
The other 2 items have my home address.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
nice. good way to verify that they didn't mess it up.

Vehicle Shipping Address:

The other 2 items have my home address.
Yeah and it will show the actual item too and it’s address.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Update: Apparently even though that trucked showed up in my portal, it's also not available. Latest guidance now is that I'm still on track to get my truck by the end of June.

Le sigh.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
New here to the forums but March 2019 pre-orderer...

I'm listed as June-July 2022 delivery window but from reading here it seems there is May-June or July-September so I'm not sure what kind of line Rivian is feeding me. June is almost here and nary a word from a guide.

My main disappointment has been being told switching to R1S would not effect delivery date.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
My guide’s estimates:

9 days ago: 5-8 weeks
6 days ago: 3-4 weeks
4 days ago: 9 days
Update: pickup scheduled for Friday assuming she makes it through QC. That will be exactly 2 weeks from first guide contact.
Sponsored

Last edited: