Sponsored

May/June Deliveries Thread

griffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
My guide has been great. Super responsive and helpful. My truck is finished production, and I filled out 6/8 steps. Doing insurance tomorrow, and truck is already on its way to my service center that will be delivering it to me. Possibly could have it this week.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
Called it.

Landed in spain at 5:30 got the guide email two hours later.

8F3D32FA-84ED-4850-972F-C28578E947B6.jpeg
while I’m at best in the oct-Dec window… I’m in Portugal next week. I should probably keep my eye out for a guide email once I’m out of country! 😜

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Happy everyone’s getting their R1Ts! In my neighborhood I’ve had four sightings in the last week of a Limestone, a couple of LEs and a LA Silver. Brings a smile to my face while I wait for my R1S! Congrats!

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Sure would like to know how this kind of "flexibility" information is handled by your Guide. Did he/she reach-out proactively to discuss options like this? Did you have to pester hard to get this kind of info?

(snip)

Anecdotal evidence says you either land a spunky, engaging Guide advocating on your behalf, or a glamorized CS agent.
I didn't have to pester. We reviewed my config, and he locked it. I signed the PBA with him on the phone. I mentioned that I had some flexibility and he reviewed the trucks that were at the local service center with me. All of this was done on the first call.

If I had to describe him, I'd say he's probably in your spunky/engaged category. But, I'm not sure he's really advocating on my behalf. I think he just pulled up a spreadsheet whenever I asked about it, he didn't have to arm wrestle anyone or anything :)

Sounds like the Limestone option was gone, but the LG was available so he put my name on it. Should be able to pick it up whenever I get home home next week.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

@mgc0216 your Guide sounds way better than mine. Irony is during the truncated "intro call" I interjected about my own flexibility and said there were 3 or 4 paint colors that would be just fine and that BM interior was also acceptable - since I have FE in my configuration (and LG paint).

There was really no reaction or feedback from my comment about flexibility to shorten delivery time. Well, that was exactly the topic of my first text and email to my guide that same evening. Today's the 1-week anniversary and there's been ZERO response. This Guide thing is off-the-rails.

Citibeach

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Occupation
Self
I’m sorry but BS. There is no way someone that just ordered, that would have to and is willing to pay the full price, is suddenly getting the truck at the pre order price and getting it in front of thousands of pre order holders that have been waiting for over two years. Don’t trust everything you read on the internet.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I didn't have to pester. We reviewed my config, and he locked it. I signed the PBA with him on the phone. I mentioned that I had some flexibility and he reviewed the trucks that were at the local service center with me. All of this was done on the first call.

If I had to describe him, I'd say he's probably in your spunky/engaged category. But, I'm not sure he's really advocating on my behalf. I think he just pulled up a spreadsheet whenever I asked about it, he didn't have to arm wrestle anyone or anything :)

Sounds like the Limestone option was gone, but the LG was available so he put my name on it. Should be able to pick it up whenever I get home home next week.
Well this certainly seems to confirm that they just get a batch of trucks and go down a list calling people. And if there list is not in pre-order date order, it's just luck of the draw.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Another thing I don't get (seems I don't get a lot about Rivian) is how do trucks end up at delivery/service centers without an Owner already lined-up. There's no way they can be making trucks in such wide assortments that it doesn't align with an existing order. Even if a third of people are bowing-out at the very end of the process for whatever reasons there has to be 1,000 or more lined up right behind them with the exact same specs.

Having any finished trucks arriving on service center lots without that VIN pre-assigned should be a one-in-a-thousand situation. And here's a guy that had two at the same center. Mind-boggling... :movember:

Sponsored

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
On the plus side, supposedly all of our cars are there together, not alone. :CWL:
Have you heard any updates on your end for your R1T? Nothing here... I've been trying to be patient and not bug my guide too much.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

And yet... here I am waiting for my Guide.
giphy.gif
12/3/18 preorder for an R1S and I'm right there with ya. I can't even get a drive invite after inquiring about them twice.

JJA

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Sienna, Mustang
Occupation
Engineer, business owner
7FCTGAALXNN004830

Got.my vin - step 7 of 8 and waiting for a delivery date... tomorrow is 3 years to the date.

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread Screenshot_20220516-114948_Chrome

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
7FCTGAALXNN004830

Got.my vin - step 7 of 8 and waiting for a delivery date... tomorrow is 3 years to the date.

Screenshot_20220516-114948_Chrome.jpg
Delivering to you in Gvl?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Have you heard any updates on your end for your R1T? Nothing here... I've been trying to be patient and not bug my guide too much.
Nada(except they noted my offer to pickup at Normal)
Sponsored