Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

So much for those of us with earlier orders getting them first. :(
Hmmm……..why am I not surprised. At least the ball has started rolling.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Congrats, brother! That tonneau cover is looking good even though it is apparently so hot it doubles as a DIY Camp Kitchen! :p

Please try and flood your bed with the cover in the locked position with as much water as you can spare and report back in the name of science what happened!

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Cool! Did you have to pay $1,800 or was it just $800 (I’m assuming you didn’t have pre-March 2022 pricing)?

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Did you hear that accessory makers! Put Gary themed oven mitts on the production schedule!

1686853146551.jpeg
Hahaha I may have received the brown ones of those as a gift. Will happily mail them to anyone with a manual cover. I don't trust them near the oven. 😅

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Hahaha I may have received the brown ones of those as a gift. Will happily mail them to anyone with a manual cover. I don't trust them near the oven. 😅
I wouldn’t trust them either! Plus the claws would keep getting sauce on them. This is why bears can’t get jobs in kitchens.

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
I feel like they could make 100k of these in a day once they start manufacturing them. Come on Rivian. I'm tired of cleaning leaves and junk out of the back of my bed!

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

So much for those of us with earlier orders getting them first. :(
He didn't specify which year so I'll assume he meant March 2021 and that will make me feel better, if only SLIGHTLY

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dmsail

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats, brother! That tonneau cover is looking good even though it is apparently so hot it doubles as a DIY Camp Kitchen! :p

Please try and flood your bed with the cover in the locked position with as much water as you can spare and report back in the name of science what happened!
Will have to wait until I get the truck back. I had an appointment for Rivian service today.

rancur

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.willcurran.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Nuts, when I took a truck from the shop I had to remove all my accessories. Now I have to wait till these show up in the gear shop like a chump.
I was told by my Guide they would not be selling these in the gear shop. So if this is your plan get ready to wait. I ordered it with my truck in April. Will let you know if mine comes soon!

Ryan1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 Subaru Impreza
Clubs

Looks great! Really wish I'd put one on my order before they slapped a 1k price hike on them. BTW, if anyone wants to unload their $800 OEM manual tonneau cover for a couple hundred in profit, I'm your guy!

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Looks great! Really wish I'd put one on my order before they slapped a 1k price hike on them. BTW, if anyone wants to unload their $800 OEM manual tonneau cover for a couple hundred in profit, I'm your guy!
The cover price should be based on your truck pricing. $800 if the preprice increase R1T is what ya got.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I was told by my Guide they would not be selling these in the gear shop. So if this is your plan get ready to wait. I ordered it with my truck in April. Will let you know if mine comes soon!
Mine told me the opposite. I asked if I could get in the queue since I had originally had it in my configuration and he said my only option was to buy from the gear shop.

“Hey Karl! We will have the Manual Tonneau on the R1 Shop in the future for purchase. That will be the best way to purchase one when it becomes available.”
Sponsored