Sponsored

Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given]

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

The one with Meridian on the speaker covers or the one made by Meridian but says Rivian on the speaker covers.
I don't think we want to perpetuate the idea that this will always be the case going forward. It is a fact that we know the poster in question received a Meridian system with Rivian grills, but as this is a transition period, it's hard to say what future owners will end up with.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Tomorrow is April Fools day. I won't believe any announcements unless they are posted on the Rivian website itself.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I don't think we want to perpetuate the idea that this will always be the case going forward. It is a fact that we know the poster in question received a Meridian system with Rivian grills, but as this is a transition period, it's hard to say what future owners will end up with.
I absolutely agree. But we do know at least one person with the new system opened it up and it’s still using Meridian components. So even though it may not be the case in the future, it is the case now. If that changes at some point I promise I will stop saying it.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

At service center now waiting for a “courtesy 12V battery swap”. Someone was just picking up their T and was informed that tonneau is an accessory and will ship later.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given] 1680277799029

Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
follow up......this was a misunderstanding on your friend's part (or an april fools joke). He is not receiving a manual tonneau cover (maybe a build with the manual tonneau cover slots which will stop being included soon).

I just now confirmed via Customer service chat that they have no information or updates regarding the manual tonneau cover and they apologized for it taking "a bit longer than expected".

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At service center now waiting for a “courtesy 12V battery swap”. Someone was just picking up their T and was informed that tonneau is an accessory and will ship later.
That's always been the case....with "later" being completely undefined for over 6 months now....

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
follow up......this was a misunderstanding on your friend's part (or an april fools joke). He is not receiving a manual tonneau cover (maybe a build with the manual tonneau cover slots which will stop being included soon).

I just now confirmed via Customer service chat that they have no information or updates regarding the manual tonneau cover and they apologized for it taking "a bit longer than expected".
One of the few universally known things on this forum is that CS is the absolute last to be informed about anything and possibly the least reliable (not their fault) source of information regarding information about anything Rivian.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One of the few universally known things on this forum is that CS is the absolute last to be informed about anything and possibly the least reliable (not their fault) source of information regarding information about anything Rivian.
Maybe so, but my Guide who has been excellent to this point just confirmed the same. It’s also a universal truth that RIVIAN is terrible at customer communication… I feel confident that nobody is taking possession of a Rivian Manuel tonneau cover this week.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I asked if I could get a discount towards my tonneau cover given my full-price friend referral, but instead I was shipped a free hat. It's green, by the way. I know you all care.
So, where's the update? Has your buddy received his truck yet?

Or like absolutely everybody else (you are new here) he configured and paid for the manual cover, but they will ship the cover "at a later date".

Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Just found out that late this year I will only receive an "R1." My "S" is held up by supply chain issues and will be delivered separately. By Oct, I may only be getting an "R"

OP
OP
RivJob

RivJob

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Former Burger Technician
So, where's the update? Has your buddy received his truck yet?

Or like absolutely everybody else (you are new here) he configured and paid for the manual cover, but they will ship the cover "at a later date".
He's taking delivery now. I'm letting him enjoy his walkthrough and not constantly nagging or informing him of the can of worms I unintentionally opened up here:whew:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

CS informed me about the wheels going live on the gear shop the day before that happened. Don't believe them if they say it was word of mouth but my CS advisor said they had gotten an internal memo about the change for the wheels.

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
He's taking delivery now. I'm letting him enjoy his walkthrough and not constantly nagging or informing him of the can of worms I unintentionally opened up here:whew:
lol I'm rooting for you and your friend (and also waiting hopefully!)
Sponsored