Sponsored

Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given]

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

This is what we've come to. A friend of a Forum member, maybe, possibly, thinks he's getting a tonneau cover, and we're all here for it.

Not a good look.

Where's my popcorn...
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

😬🫣

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given] 1680295421929

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Willing to bet OP forgot April Fools is tomorrow ;)

Rivian R1T R1S Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given] homer-bart

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is what we've come to. A friend of a Forum member, maybe, possibly, thinks he's getting a tonneau cover, and we're all here for it.

Not a good look.

Where's my popcorn...
100%. This thread is pretty dumb and I'm ashamed of myself for following and now replying to it ☹

Last edited:

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
If this was April 1st I'd ignore this, but....

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This thread is no worse than the “I talked to a person who works at rivian at a Christmas party” threads

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

100%. This thread is pretty dumb and I'm ashamed of myself for following and now replying to it ☹
You're exactly where you belong....

Rivian R1T R1S Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given] f13d7a53-8747-4bea-a17b-39f4f638dd23

OP
OP
RivJob

RivJob

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Former Burger Technician
I just got off the phone with my friend and he thrilled with his new R1T. Maybe even in love!

He is so happy that ...he doesn't even care that his tonneau will be shipped when ready - no eta given.

FWIW, like many of you, I am desperate for my tonneau cover. unfortunately as many of you pointed out it appears to have been a miscommunication. I heard what I wanted to hear... No April Fools intended. My sincere apologies for getting everyone's hopes up 😞

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Manual Tonneau Cover coming back?! [Update: Friend's manual tonneau will be shipped when ready - no ETA given] 4624ea0b619c4b55ab007f817e015e15

Edit for dramatic effect...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
I just got off the phone with my friend and he thrilled with his new R1T. Maybe even in love!

He is so happy that ...he doesn't even care that his tonneau will be shipped when ready - no eta given.

FWIW, like many of you, I am desperate for my tonneau cover. unfortunately as many of you pointed out it appears to have been a miscommunication. I heard what I wanted to hear... No April Fools intended. My sincere apologies for getting everyone's hopes up 😞
Well that was quite the ride - predictable, but I think we all hoped for something different than what we expected.

Thanks for the popcorn, boys - see you in the next thread!

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
“The long wah wah up.”

JCBAZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Clubs

UPDATE POST-DELIVERY:

Original Post:

TLDR: My buddy is receiving delivery of his R1T tomorrow 3/31/23 and it's coming with the manual tonneau cover installed.

Hi everyone. I took delivery of my Forest Green, Forest Edge R1T on March 10. My reservation was 12/2021 and I was stoked to be offered the opportunity to purchase, back in February via the R1T shop. Of course... I couldn't get it with my tonneau, underbody shield, or full size spare, but we all know that story. Once I ordered and received my delivery date; that's when I found this forum and this is my first post.

Anyway, back to delivery. I get my new ride on Friday, March 10th and on Tuesday, March 14th my coworker texts me saying he heard I got an R1T and had been considering reserving one and now that I had one he decided to pull the trigger that day on the reservation. He was given a 6 month window. I said congratulations and shared a link to build I thought would be right up his alley and he liked it so much he chose to get that color design: Limestone/ Forest Edge.

For those counting March 14th was 2 weeks and 3 days ago. I saw my coworker-friend yesterday and took him for a spin, and what do you know? He's taking delivery tomorrow! Driving to Chelsea, MA SC for pick up before he goes on vacation. So awesome. He got it way faster than I did but paid a whole lot more too. Truly no jealousy; all stoke! ...that is, until, he told me his will have the tonneau installed at pick up! WHAT?? Confirmed with his guide.

Of course I did my best to not turn forest green with envy, but the moment he left my house I was texting my Riv Guide Pamela: How come my friend get tonneau cover and not me?

Here are the highlights of her response back to me: "[Manual tonneau] are shipping out UPS as soon as we have them in stock! Hang in there! It's not [in the gear shop] yet. It will be a HUGE announcement though..."

I asked if I could get a discount towards my tonneau cover given my full-price friend referral, but instead I was shipped a free hat. It's green, by the way. I know you all care.
I was going to hold out for the electronic cover to come back thinking they surely had enough time to redesign and it will be available soon. Rep also said they have no idea when it will be available, but I guess why would they say different or else everyone would hold their order until available and they need orders like everyone else. I gave up waiting also and completed my configuration. Waiting now on confirmation of delivery and on the wait list for the manual cover.

Reactions: Guy

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I was going to hold out for the electronic cover to come back thinking they surely had enough time to redesign and it will be available soon. Rep also said they have no idea when it will be available, but I guess why would they say different or else everyone would hold their order until available and they need orders like everyone else. I gave up waiting also and completed my configuration. Waiting now on confirmation of delivery and on the wait list for the manual cover.
I was in the same boat. They don’t have an incentive to tell people if it means they hold back their order. I am still not convinced they will offer a powered cover going forward. It is a lot of effort with limited financial upside.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler

Not a good look.

Where's my popcorn...
90% of the threads on this forum are “I have a friend” or “I heard from a person that has a cousin who is the coffee delivery guy at rivian”. Unless it comes from Rivian, I assume most stuff is fan fiction.
Sponsored