Sponsored

Lucid Gravity

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Lucid revealed more photos of the Gravity SUV today. The full reveal will be in early 2023 and start taking deposits.

Assuming it has similar pricing structure compared to the Air Sedan, that would put the gravity in the $100k range with 480-620hp and roughly 325 miles of range, and $140k for 800hp+ and 400+ miles of range.

It's not cheap (of course) but it could be the best combination cargo space, range, luxury, and performance. I also like that is has a somewhat boxy shape instead of a bubble.

https://electrek.co/2022/11/15/luci...gravity-suv-ahead-of-early-2023-reservations/

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Gravity Lucid-SUV-Gravity-front

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Gravity Lucid-SUV-Gravity-headlight

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Gravity Lucid-SUV-Gravity-taillights

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Gravity Lucid-SUV-Gravity-interior-skew

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Gravity Lucid-SUV-Gravity-interior-CU-1

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Gravity Lucid-SUV-Gravity-to
Sponsored

OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some more info:

A compliant, sports-tuned air suspension. Storage for any outing. Versatile bi-directional charging capability. And a sanctuary-like interior with the finest appointments. Lucid Gravity will deliver enormous space, go-anywhere range, and an engaging drive that stands apart from anything in its class. ā€Ø

• Range beyond anything else on the market ā€” except Lucid AirĀ¹
  • More aerodynamic than any SUV the world has ever seen
  • Next-generation Glass Cockpit
  • Flexible seating options for five, six, or seven adults
  • Two- and three-row seating configurations
  • Clamshell rear opening offers effortless access and cavernous cargo space
  • Extra-large frunk with innovative convenience features
  • Optional towing capability
https://www.lucidmotors.com/future-models

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
It looks beautiful from what we can see. I don't expect a ton of overlap with Rivian until lower end trim levels come out in 2025 or 2026 or later. I think by that point R2 will start to be the main vehicle Rivian focuses on.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Looks good with good specs, but they'll make like 50 a month and lose tons of money while being propped up by the Saudi Regime.

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I watched the Lucid online event today and noted VWā€™s Scout brand website launch today. Frustrating as it is to wait my turn for my preordered R1S to be delivered, Lucidā€˜s Gravity (2024?) and Scoutā€™s SUV (2025-2026?) arenā€™t good backup alternatives if delivery timing matters.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
This is really a big station wagon (though they can't use that term in the US) rather than an SUV. That's how it will get the range numbers it will (in addition to other tech, admittedly). Nothing wrong with that though.

They should have made this first vs. the sedan, that was a huge mistake they made. Though then they wouldn't have gotten the attention of the 500+ mile EV with more range than anyone actually needs, but hey, Rawlinson got to serve out a personal vendetta against Tesla.

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Gravity 1668547392306

Last edited:
OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is really a big station wagon (though they can't use that term in the US) rather than an SUV. That's how it will get the range numbers it will (in addition to other tech, admittedly). Nothing wrong with that though.

They should have made this first vs. the sedan, that was a huge mistake they made. Though then they wouldn't have gotten the attention of the 500+ mile EV with more range than anyone actually needs, but hey, Rawlinson got to serve out a personally vendetta against Tesla.

1668547392306.png
Agreed. I honestly prefer station wagons over SUVs but I understand the appeal of a slightly higher ride height.

If they had sold the SUV first I probably would have purchase one.

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would love to buy this. But I think it will be 125K+. Also wait time will be years.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That thing is loooong.

Sponsored