Sponsored

Does Lucid Gravity solve many of Rivian R1S issues for families?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Can the Gravity go rock crawling or even off roading or is it like the Model X; soccer-mom 3-rower?🤔
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Nobody has made this point yet, although there are many similar points being made: the Gravity will cost more than the equivalent Air model. So how much does the Air with the longest range cost?

Rivian R1T R1S Does Lucid Gravity solve many of Rivian R1S issues for families? 1000008572

So a reasonable expectation for the Gravity that has 440 miles of range is $125k. I am not spending 125k on a car. Sorry, Lucid.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Can the Gravity go rock crawling or even off roading or is it like the Model X; soccer-mom 3-rower?🤔
The percent of Rivian owners that take their vehicles off-road is significantly lower than you think. I’m not buying a Lucid, Tesla, or anything else; however, I’m not off-roading my Rivian.

biglet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Why does this read like someone asked ChatGPT to write a really biased comparison of the two vehicels?

CTRedCanyon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Self Employed IT
Clubs

42 inches of water? how may people need this or even try this? Base Rivian at $78K will come with 260 miles of range not 352. For large pack, I guess you have to pay another $6K
Having a capable vehicle is important if you live anywhere prone to hurricanes or flooding. Personally I think the 16 inches of ground clearance will be a big help when it comes to getting over snow. Again, something a vehicle like a Tesla Model X or a Lucid Gravity, especially in base form without air suspension, are going to be a lot worse at doing.

Sponsored

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
SUV-combines elements of road-going passenger cars with features from off-road vehicles, such as raised ground clearanceand four-wheel drive

CUV- a motor vehicle combining features of a sport utility vehicle and a passenger car.

Station Wagon-is an automotive body-style variant of a sedan with its roof extended rearward over a shared passenger/cargo volume with access at the back via a third or fifth door

Minivan-most minivans are based on a passenger car platform and have a lower body.
Minivans differ from SUVs with their lower ride height, sliding rear doors, and extra cargo space

The better charging speed, extended range, spacious third-row, potential CarPlay integration, and superior seat comfort make the Gravity a strong contender in the electric SUV market
Its not a SUV therefore not a strong contender.
And, the R1T is not priced too high?
I don't think so compared to similarly capable true SUV's. Munro would agree.
It’s not an SUV. It’s a full time AWD mini Van.
It is not a minivan its a station wagon or maybe CUV.
I think this whole post is moot because the gravity is a minivan not an SUV.
The Gravity is a station wagon not a minivan. Minivans have low flat floors & sliding doors.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The percent of Rivian owners that take their vehicles off-road is significantly lower than you think.
The percentage of any 4x4 owners (truck or SUV) including Bronco's & Wrangler's that utilize their vehicles for intended purpose is significantly lower than the demand reflects.
As with many vehicle types the want often supersedes the need.

Last edited:

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Honestly seems like lots of people here are using them off-road. The new Kia will be a contender too for a three row SUV, but not one that can go off-road.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Pardoned. Many experienced this vehicle in person at LA autoshow and made videos.
So you "seen" it at the LA car show and got the specs. from Lucid correct?. I thought maybe you actually drove it and had real world experience. On paper, any vehicle can look great....in person as well, but actually driving it on the street is a lot different. It would be nice if some of those things came true.

Will it be able to go offroad?

Seattleite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Slacker
Clubs

Just for fun - don't shoot the ChatGTP prompter! :)

"Write two paragraphs showing that the Rivian R1S is better than the Lucid Gravity"

ChatGPT
The Rivian R1S stands out as a superior choice when compared to the Lucid Gravity in several key aspects. First and foremost, the R1S boasts an impressive off-road capability that surpasses the capabilities of the Lucid Gravity. With its robust all-wheel-drive system, adjustable air suspension, and durable construction, the Rivian R1S is well-equipped to tackle challenging terrains, making it an ideal choice for adventurous drivers seeking versatility in their journeys. The Lucid Gravity, while undoubtedly a luxurious and high-performance vehicle, lacks the off-road prowess that the R1S effortlessly delivers.
Moreover, the Rivian R1S distinguishes itself in the electric SUV market with its exceptional range and innovative features. Rivian has set a new standard with an impressive electric range that outpaces the Lucid Gravity, providing drivers with an extended driving experience between charges. Additionally, the R1S incorporates cutting-edge technology and a thoughtfully designed interior, creating a seamless and enjoyable driving experience. In contrast, the Lucid Gravity, while undoubtedly luxurious, may fall short in delivering the same level of technological innovation and range that the Rivian R1S effortlessly achieves. Overall, the Rivian R1S emerges as the superior choice, combining rugged off-road capabilities with advanced electric vehicle technology.

QED

Sponsored

Whatever_this_is

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Occupation
Consultant
Just for fun - don't shoot the ChatGTP prompter! :)

"Write two paragraphs showing that the Rivian R1S is better than the Lucid Gravity"

ChatGPT
The Rivian R1S stands out as a superior choice when compared to the Lucid Gravity in several key aspects. First and foremost, the R1S boasts an impressive off-road capability that surpasses the capabilities of the Lucid Gravity. With its robust all-wheel-drive system, adjustable air suspension, and durable construction, the Rivian R1S is well-equipped to tackle challenging terrains, making it an ideal choice for adventurous drivers seeking versatility in their journeys. The Lucid Gravity, while undoubtedly a luxurious and high-performance vehicle, lacks the off-road prowess that the R1S effortlessly delivers.
Moreover, the Rivian R1S distinguishes itself in the electric SUV market with its exceptional range and innovative features. Rivian has set a new standard with an impressive electric range that outpaces the Lucid Gravity, providing drivers with an extended driving experience between charges. Additionally, the R1S incorporates cutting-edge technology and a thoughtfully designed interior, creating a seamless and enjoyable driving experience. In contrast, the Lucid Gravity, while undoubtedly luxurious, may fall short in delivering the same level of technological innovation and range that the Rivian R1S effortlessly achieves. Overall, the Rivian R1S emerges as the superior choice, combining rugged off-road capabilities with advanced electric vehicle technology.

QED
Some of these points are demonstrably false

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Honestly seems like lots of people here are using them off-road. The new Kia will be a contender too for a three row SUV, but not one that can go off-road.
I think I'd also include the Volvo EX90. Neither the Kia EV9 nor the EX90 compete head to head against the R1S, since they both are a touch smaller and have limited off-road capability but I suspect that they may steal a few sales from Rivian. I would think that the Volvo, at least in its top trim, is a more direct competitor for the Gravity, and also has the advantage of being available for 2024 deliery.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
Different topic, but I would be most concerned about Lucid being in business to deliver the Gravity. You can get a Mercedes EQ whatever for $110k+ now if you want a luxury kid hauler.
Sponsored