Lowest interest rates in September?

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
This is a depressing thread my credit score is over 800 and I went with the rivian / Chase finance 5.3% for 72 I think it was.
Many offer refinance packages... may be worth looking into.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
This is a depressing thread my credit score is over 800 and I went with the rivian / Chase finance 5.3% for 72 I think it was.
To add to the refi convo, I remember reading that certain credit unions consider cars under 1 year old as "new" wrt qualifying for new auto loan rates. So yea, if I were you I would definitely refinance because rates are going to get worse before they get better.

Edit re credit score: 800+ is of course excellent but a score lower than that might not automatically preclude you from the best rates. When I spoke with Parsons I asked if I would qualify for their lowest rate with a score in the upper 700s and they said yes. Many banks use something between 720 & 750 as the cutoff for their best rates.

Last edited:

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Most banks canā€™t compete with credit unions when it comes to rates. Always shop auto/home/boat loans with atleast 3 different financial institutions. The internet makes this part extremely easy and rate shopping is free. Times have also changed when it comes to shopping for the best rate because pulling your credit multiple times for the same loan type in a short time span wont hurt your credit score like it used to decades ago. Sometimes a good long relationship and history with a bank or credit union can make all the difference. The hard part about credit unions is they can be exclusive when it comes to joining. Best thing to do is call and ask if there are any exceptions or other ways you might qualify for membership.

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Never done anything through a credit union before. Is it easy enough to switch the loan over to one at this point in the process? Does any one have a suggestion on the best CU?
yeah, think small bank, local branches/regional. Honestly, after I've starting working with my local ones, I find their programs significantly more consumer/member friendly than the big banks. Their apps and website portals are not as pretty/modern/clean but the general policies, rates and fees are better.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I'm curious about this too. I've got applications in to 2 local CUs here in SE PA. Not sure of rates yet, but the rivian/chase rates are hiiiigh

Sponsored

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm curious about this too. I've got applications in to 2 local CUs here in SE PA. Not sure of rates yet, but the rivian/chase rates are hiiiigh
depending on your credit of course but if you have great credit just go to their website's published lowest rate and that's what you'll generally get.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I got 2.6% / 72 months from AdelFi a week ago. I think theyā€™re up a bit since then but still below 3%.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
For those of you taking delivery this month (or potentially next), what are the lowest interest rates you are finding? I'm expecting my R1S anytime in the next 2 - 4 weeks, and would like to lock down a rate this month because next month will most definitely be worse.

The best I could find was Parsons Federal Credit Union. Free to join, and their EV-specific rate is as low as 2.49%:
https://www.parsonsfcu.org/loan-rates

Most others I'm seeing are in the mid 3's and upward. Any others that are worth looking into?
Did you apply to Parsons FCU? Seems like that's a pretty great rate, particularly being EV specific. Any personal experience with them? Anyone?

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S