Sponsored

Lowest interest rates in September?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
For those of you taking delivery this month (or potentially next), what are the lowest interest rates you are finding? I'm expecting my R1S anytime in the next 2 - 4 weeks, and would like to lock down a rate this month because next month will most definitely be worse.

The best I could find was Parsons Federal Credit Union. Free to join, and their EV-specific rate is as low as 2.49%:
https://www.parsonsfcu.org/loan-rates

Most others I'm seeing are in the mid 3's and upward. Any others that are worth looking into?
Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
My local credit union is still offering 1.84% for 72 months.

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Oh nice, which one is it? And is membership open to anyone?
Small CU, there are eligibility requirements. If you're local to YORK, PA. PM me.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
For those of you taking delivery this month (or potentially next), what are the lowest interest rates you are finding? I'm expecting my R1S anytime in the next 2 - 4 weeks, and would like to lock down a rate this month because next month will most definitely be worse.

The best I could find was Parsons Federal Credit Union. Free to join, and their EV-specific rate is as low as 2.49%:

Most others I'm seeing are in the mid 3's and upward. Any others that are worth looking into?
Good find.

Before you posted this, Sound Credit Union had the lowest rates that I had seen and had open enrollment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
FYI for folks interested in joining, I was told to budget about a week to get membership approved and another week to get preapproved for a loan. They also said that they will honor the interest rate available when your application goes in for 30 days, so in theory one could apply for a car loan on Sept 30 and still have until late in October to receive their R1 and execute.

Good find.

Before you posted this, Sound Credit Union had the lowest rates that I had seen and had open enrollment.
I wonder if they will rate-match with Parsons. This is my first time dealing with CUs and auto loans (yea, I know - all leases so far) so I have no idea how any of this works.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This is a depressing thread my credit score is over 800 and I went with the rivian / Chase finance 5.3% for 72 I think it was.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
This is a depressing thread my credit score is over 800 and I went with the rivian / Chase finance 5.3% for 72 I think it was.
Ooooof!! Did you shop around for rates?

My FICO Score is over 800 too, and I plan to use that to my advantage when Rivian finally see's fit to deliver my vehicle.

Rivian R1T R1S Lowest interest rates in September? 1663259282648

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

😐... no I was too exited to get the truck. 😢

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I wonder if they will rate-match with Parsons. This is my first time dealing with CUs and auto loans (yea, I know - all leases so far) so I have no idea how any of this works.
I've always paid cash for my cars, this is the first time I'm considering a loan giving the interest rates available vs. where inflation is and will be over the next few years. I stated I would pay cash in my 8 steps, but I may ask my guide to open that step up again.
I would be surprised if Sound or anyone else would match rates. Maybe if you already have a relationship with Sound the might, but if you are just opening an account, I would guess there is 0% chance of a match.

Sponsored

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

that is because it's through Chase, they generally don't have competitive auto rates. Find local CUs that is where all the deals are at these days. I stopped getting quotes from Chase/BofA/Wells for auto loans years ago, never competitive compared to my local CUs

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

that is because it's through Chase, they generally don't have competitive auto rates. Find local CUs that is where all the deals are at these days. I stopped getting quotes from Chase/BofA/Wells for auto loans years ago, never competitive compared to my local CUs
Never done anything through a credit union before. Is it easy enough to switch the loan over to one at this point in the process? Does any one have a suggestion on the best CU?

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Fyi rivian marks up the rate and makes money on the financing. Chase rates aren't competitive as it is, but when you add 75 to 85 bps on top, it makes it even worse.