Sponsored

Low throttle shudder

Flannelpants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza
I tried searching and haven’t found anything but has anyone noticed a very slight shudder in the steering wheel at a certain point in the throttle? It’s always at the same point, ver low speed, either accelerating or braking and I swear it didn’t start until after the last update but I obviously can’t prove that.
Sponsored

Eddie11986

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
I thought I had felt a shudder at low speeds. At first I thought it was the air compressor since it always kicks on when I leave the house but last time I waited for it to turn off before I drove down the street. At 3.5 to 4.5 mph I feel a shudder/rumble. I believe it might be electric motor cogging (something I saw in a youtube video review about a different ev). It seems to go away once the truck is fully warmed up. Anyways I have an appointment later this month to get it checked out plus another rumble/shudder that is felt while accelerating moderate to hard between 45 to 60 mph.

ColoradoAdventure

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer & Educator
I just started to experience this exact same low speed shudder! I am hoping it’s software related as it started with the previous 22.47 update.
pleae update after you take it to service on what they say.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I have this exact same judder/shudder, or whatever you want to call it. It's exactly at 4mph that I notice it at very light throttle either accelerating or decelerating. You can feel it through the entire truck, but then it just goes away after a few minutes of driving.

I have a mobile service appointment schedule for the 22nd. I'm hoping I get the new update today or tomorrow, and maybe the issue will just go away.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I sense it too. Seems the motors and controls are in a bit of a fight once in a while. Hoping OTA fixes come for it.

Eddie11986

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Just got my truck back yesterday. They said the low speed shudder was a software issue.

A tech and their lead tech took out the truck to test the high speed shudder/rumble I feel under hard acceleration but said nothing abnormal was found/felt.

AMaier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Ioniq 5, MX-5 ND
Just started getting this today at low speed (under 10mph). You can feel it in the entire car. Seems like the motors are not acting smoothly.

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
My ‘22 R1T tends to do this when I’m at full lock at low speed. I thought it was something to do with the wretched air suspension.
Sponsored