Looking to purchase your Launch Edition

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I’ve got 3 of the first Lightning Reservations (booked right when preorders opened). Would definitely love to trade one for a Rivian LE order if I could.
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Another thing to consider is the free year of the Rivian Membership. I don't recall if that is transferrable when selling the vehicle.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Another thing to consider is the free year of the Rivian Membership. I don't recall if that is transferrable when selling the vehicle.
I personally wouldn't want to buy the vehicle from an early reservation holder once they've taken possession, just buy their "spot" in line as was mentioned previously before they finalize the order. that way I'm still the original owner with all of the perks

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I personally wouldn't want to buy the vehicle from an early reservation holder once they've taken possession, just buy their "spot" in line as was mentioned previously before they finalize the order. that way I'm still the original owner with all of the perks
Yeah, definitely more interested in buying the spot.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I’d sell my first-hour Lightning reservation if it meant more funds for my R1S preorder. Definitely in the first 10,000 based on Ford reports.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I’d sell my first-hour Lightning reservation if it meant more funds for my R1S preorder. Definitely in the first 10,000 based on Ford reports.
Same. Mine is roughly reservation #1700. Or trade mine for a LE R1T. Launch Green really grew on me.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Day One (11/26/18) pre-order for R1T...what is the going rate for the spot?

Cannot believe it has been 3 years!!!
Hey! You're alive! Hahaha. I'm guessing this means you don't have a delivery date.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
Keeping my reservation regardless. Even if I decide I dont want it, im sure in this market it (R1S LE) would go for crackhead price. Six figures.

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/S, Bronco Raptor, Wrangler4xe, Ioniq5, Winbago
Occupation
insurance agent
Anyone ordering a Rivian or F150 Lightning today or recently is going to be waiting at least 18 months to get a vehicle IMO.
Ford yes, Rivian, not so sure. They only have under 60k pre orders and they want to ramp to 65k (?) deliveries a year by the end of 2022. That seems to imply a pre order now could be delivered before the end of 2022 given that their factory has 180k (?) annual capacity and the Amazon trucks are roughly half of that. I didn’t check my numbers so maybe this is wrong.

I think it will come down to logistics in this market. If they made the right supply chain moves 8 months ago to deliver 65k R1T/R1S in the next 12 months then it’s probably a bit more likely to happen but there’s a lot that can go wrong with a brand new operation like this.

They’re on a pretty hard deadline because their hard runway is probably only 2 years if they are scaling as they expect. I can see them blowing through this $17 B or so before they hit 100k deliveries which is basically $170k loss per vehicle. If they blow through it within 200k deliveries then that’s quite a bit more breathing room given that CT, Hummer EV, and Ford are expected to compete in 2022. Nobody expects them to be profitable anytime soon and it’s a pretty big question whether they even have positive gross margins. If they’re able to hit at least 200k deliveries including Amazon in the next 2 years I think a preorder now has at least a 50/50 chance of being delivered by the end of next year. I definitely wouldn’t bother with a Ford pre order. I have a Bronco order from basically end of day 1 and trying to buy with their dealer system is so unbelievably stupid. Once Tesla figures out the politics of each state (for Rivian to take advantage of) they will have huge advantages from cutting out dealers.

If you take into account how much money Rivian will have to lose to make your year 1/2 R1T/S you get a realistic sense of what it’s really worth from a pure cash cost perspective, ie maybe $150k+ easily. Just compare it with what Porsche is making. You can pay $120k+ for a cross turismo that is slower and less capable and requires a one year wait or get a Rivian for $40k less that is faster and more capable.

I think Rivian will be raising prices once they hit 100k pre orders and once their early vehicles start reselling for $120k+.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Hey! You're alive! Hahaha. I'm guessing this means you don't have a delivery date.
I have been here, just lurking...allegedly is/was November, but no signs of that happening.

Sponsored

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Same. Mine is roughly reservation #1700. Or trade mine for a LE R1T. Launch Green really grew on me.
How do you tell your F150 number...i was pretty early on that as well.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I believe it has something to do with the first 5 numbers, I’m still trying to figure that out, ha. I am Lightning reservation holder too, reserved on the first day in the first hour.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
On your email or their website it has your res #. it seemed to start at 10,810,000. So the number below would be reservation 1. Or close enough. Lol.

LagunaRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Prius V, Rav4AWD
I'd be willing to pay $10,000 for a reservation only if the sale with Rivian could be made before the end of 2021 (actual delivery doesn't matter but I know Rivian won't do the sale until the truck is ready). Let me know if any of you are actually scheduled to be closing before Dec 31, 2021.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
On your email or their website it has your res #. it seemed to start at 10,810,000. So the number below would be reservation 1. Or close enough. Lol.
In that case I am barely on the other side of the 6K truck
Sponsored