Looking to purchase your Launch Edition

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I can guarantee you that anyone whos sniffing a 2021 lock in wouldn't touch a 10k offer.
Sponsored

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I’ve got 3 of the first Lightning Reservations (booked right when preorders opened). Would definitely love to trade one for a Rivian LE order if I could.
Are those even transferable? Or more or a receive then sell?

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Don’t know, but sure I can figure it out. I’m number 3,000 on the Lightning list. Hopefully that’s in the first run. My dealer was first in the nation to deliver a Mach-E as well.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I believe it has something to do with the first 5 numbers, I’m still trying to figure that out, ha. I am Lightning reservation holder too, reserved on the first day in the first hour.
On your email or their website it has your res #. it seemed to start at 10,810,000. So the number below would be reservation 1. Or close enough. Lol.
Kind of. I learned this on the Lightning Subreddit, and it seems to be true because it is obvious when comparing with other reservations the numbers aren’t entirely sequential:

Ford uses two server banks for its reservation system. Each system is given a tranch of reservation numbers and they are reconciled periodically. So one bank has 1810001-1850001 and the other 1850002-1890001 (or similar). So depending on which bank you are assigned, your reservation may appear sequentially higher or lower. To further complicate matters, these numbers are not unique to Lightning preorders and are also assigned to other models, like the Mach E. So there is no way to completely know your place in line beyond comparing your order time with the reservation numbers announced by Ford.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Pretty much. Others have done it.
Interesting. Is there a thread here that outlines the exact steps to complete the process?
My friend and I are trying to trade places in line and I don't want to take him through the steps without being 100 percent sure it works. Last time we contacted Rivian, they said there was no way to do this, but that was a couple months ago...

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I can guarantee you that anyone whos sniffing a 2021 lock in wouldn't touch a 10k offer.
Bingo. I'm not super early, but early enough to have LE. Right now, bare minimum would have to be 2-3x that. Yes, I understand that makes it a 6-figure truck, but supply and demand would probably dictate that.

It only takes one person to really want a LE. Yes, I want a Rivian but I am a business minded person...

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
I would consider selling my spot. 11/27/2018 R1S LE.
Rivian R1T R1S Looking to purchase your Launch Edition rivianreservatio

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

This isn't meant to be a criticism of anyone here. If you read this thread you can understand why dealers charge ADM.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This isn't meant to be a criticism of anyone here. If you read this thread you can understand why dealers charge ADM.
LOL, I will sell at a premium, but never pay a markup. I despise dealer markups and refuse to pay them. I guess I am lucky that I do not "need" a vehicle.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Definitely still interested as well, paypal ready for your LE reservation!

Sponsored

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Interesting. Is there a thread here that outlines the exact steps to complete the process?
My friend and I are trying to trade places in line and I don't want to take him through the steps without being 100 percent sure it works. Last time we contacted Rivian, they said there was no way to do this, but that was a couple months ago...
Bump for this question. Is there a thread here where people have actually successfully followed the steps to trade their spots in line? I searched but couldn't find anything...

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
I’m more excited about my 12/3/18 preorder than any vehicle in my life. I’m around #3000 in line. But if I knew selling my place in line was legit I would list it on eBay with the starting bid enough for a down payment on a lake house I have been eyeing.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I’m more excited about my 12/3/18 preorder than any vehicle in my life. I’m around #3000 in line. But if I knew selling my place in line was legit I would list it on eBay with the starting bid enough for a down payment on a lake house I have been eyeing.
That's kind of where I am. What it would take for me to give up my spot is probably more than most want to pay.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@Taycanfrank and @toade, what is it worth to you? Throw out a number that you are willing to pay without having an auction. Be willing and prepared to pay that amount. Who knows, someone is bound to bite.
Sponsored