Launch Green

Capstone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 / 2019 Nissan Leaf
Long time reader here. Feel like I know most of you already. :)
Guys I know it is a rendition but I just noticed what looks like Launch Green on there website describing the different models. From everything I read and some of the production line photos with comments of the primer colour this is still what I would have imagined the Launch Green to be. Still would be nice to see real colors for sure.

”edit” I guess anyone with a LE can configure the configurtor to show it but I have been too chicken shit to change a thing there. Still stuck on Blue!

Anyone know where PEI is? Still hoping for a 2021 delivery!

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green 11441FB2-C06A-499F-8368-03DDB90487EC
Sponsored

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Long time reader here. Feel like I know most of you already. :)
Guys I know it is a rendition but I just noticed what looks like Launch Green on there website describing the different models. From everything I read and some of the production line photos with comments of the primer colour this is still what I would have imagined the Launch Green to be. Still would be nice to see real colors for sure.

”edit” I guess anyone with a LE can configure the configurtor to show it but I have been too chicken shit to change a thing there. Still stuck on Blue!

Anyone know where PEI is? Still hoping for a 2021 delivery!

11441FB2-C06A-499F-8368-03DDB90487EC.png
Capstone,

Good to see you dive into the pool here on the Forum. Your first entry, right? And I see you're from Prince Edward Island. A while back, I was searching around on the various charging apps to see how far one can go in your area. How does one say "Range Anxiety" in French, that is for the many in Eastern Canada who speak it.

Funny you mention not messing with the configurator. I configured my R1T within the first ten minutes it was available, and haven't reopened it since. Not superstitious, but maybe just kindastitous, or at least paranoid that I might screw things up.

Regarding Launch Green, I'm guessing all of the consternation going on about it (and I'm as guilty as they come) must be highly entertaining to the folks at Rivian. I'm guessing they have daily betting pools on how many comments and questions they'll receive. Probably modeled after The Price is Right.

I can almost hear RJ on the intercom, just before they fire up the Engagement Center Phone Bank for the day: "OK people, remember, as always, absolutely no release of any real info today! Let's practice those phrases! Come on, all together now, 'We're just as excited as you are about these vehicles!', 'We'll be releasing more about that very, very soon' and my favorite, 'I'll have to circle back to you on that'. Remember, and this is critical, hit that mute button if you think you're going to burst into a fit of laughter!"

"As always, there's free pizza and a logo shirt to the Rep with the closest guess as to the number of complaints including the exact phrase 'Launch Green' by noon. But remember, you can't go over that number. Congrats to Martin. Yesterday, he nailed it exactly, with a guess of 1,420,917. Way to go Martin! No one else predicted a down day!"

I can't wait to finally see it, but I know I'm going to have to....

Again, good to have you join the fun!

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Capstone,

So from the RAN map, it looks like PEI will be getting a station, correct? I sure hope it's going to be close to you. That said, it looks like everything on PEI must be close to you.

At the very least, glad to see one looks be coming your way.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Capstone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 / 2019 Nissan Leaf
DuckTruck,
Yeah it’s crazy. Was kind of surprised really. However in the last year PEI put in 6 50kw Dc fast chargers in key spots (If you call that fast anymore!) At most they are 50km (31.25 mile for you us folk) apart so really it is well covered.
But to drop in a 200kw/300kw future perhaps charger will be big news here. But PEI here has gone renewable hard and I am impressed. We now have a $5k federal rebate and a 5k provincial rebate now and lead Canada in ev programs. They are even given rebates if you buy a used ev!
Stack on top of that a $10k solar rebate and half of you folks on here will be moving up here for the beautiful women, I mean beaches. Lol PEI is the new Florida guys!
Very excited about having an electric truck. My wife loves her Leaf and I have totally hidden the R1S page from her and it doesn’t exist! Assuming that won’t last long since she works for the government in climate and worked on getting those programs.
Can’t wait to hear you guys review the rides.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I've heard great things about PEI in the past from friends in Maine, but now I'm thinking a visit is in order upon my next trip to New England. Love to hear about your solid embrace of renewables, but I'm also intrigued by those beaches?. Being single, (and with the ability to burn under a full moon) it sounds like a better option for me than Florida. Not that Climate Change is anything to joke about, but I've told friends that in fifty years, Alaska will be the Pinot Noir capital of the world.

Great to hear about all of your current (no pun intended) and up-coming charging infrastructure. We should all be so forward looking. Also, nice to hear your wife is a part of the driving force behind your EV and Renewables program.

Oh yeah, good luck selling that snow!?

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green b9a46d78e72307afc1638b37664f6af6

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green 1620252822439

L.G. is in there somewhere...
(Even Ben looks disappointed with the lack of info)

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If you don't see the car as green, you may be color-blind.

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green jeffreestar-2

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I find myself suddenly feeling a little green....
Speaking of feeling a little green, I hope everyone enjoys (and survives) Cinco De Mayo!

Bartender: "How many Tequilas do you need?"

Me: "Just one.......more"

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green green poo