First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I hear you… I’m the little one on the right. Every summer, we’d road trip, break down and spend a couple nights in St George waiting for parts to fix the car, then move on to Utah, Colorado and Arizona.
68ECB2C7-7D20-432D-8E6D-9723F1C703F7.jpeg
I'm dying here... this picture made my day, thanks for sharing Matty. I'm pretty sure the National Lampoons Vacation franchise owes you some royalties money!
The rear hatch is much larger than the bed in the R1T! I love the enormous dent in the rear I can here it now "OPE!... That'll buff right out"

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green PXL_20210515_014357289

LAUNCH GREEN spotted again, Poulsbo, WA! Making the rounds on the peninsula

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'm dying here... this picture made my day, thanks for sharing Matty. I'm pretty sure the National Lampoons Vacation franchise owes you some royalties money!
The rear hatch is much larger than the bed in the R1T! I love the enormous dent in the rear I can here it now "OPE!... That'll buff right out"
Matthew,

I love that pic! We had a 1969 Caprice Estate wagon that had those fender skirts and power everything, including the gas gauge. I swear that gauge made a sucking sound when you stomped on the gas pedal.

I do have a question for you about this pic: Is the mud on the left rear tire related to the dent?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Some cool shots of the “tactical green” e-tron gt:

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Matthew,

I love that pic! We had a 1969 Caprice Estate wagon that had those fender skirts and power everything, including the gas gauge. I swear that gauge made a sucking sound when you stomped on the gas pedal.

I do have a question for you about this pic: Is the mud on the left rear tire related to the dent?
I asked my dad, and he isn't sure why there is mud... but, the dent came from my dad hitting something while backing into our driveway with an attached trailer during a move.

At our new house, some random guy walking up the street said he could fix the dent for $50. I guess he was a good salesman, because next thing you know, he drilled a hole so that he could pull out the dent. Unfortunately, he hit the gas pipe and gas started to leak all over. This was one of those real Rusty and Dad moments that I remember from so many from my childhood!

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I hear you… I’m the little one on the right. Every summer, we’d road trip, break down and spend a couple nights in St George waiting for parts to fix the car, then move on to Utah, Colorado and Arizona.
68ECB2C7-7D20-432D-8E6D-9723F1C703F7.jpeg
Had few of these GM roundback wagons that I used for demolition derbies, the only cars better were Chrysler Imperials, but those were outlawed at most derbies.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I asked my dad, and he isn't sure why there is mud... but, the dent came from my dad hitting something while backing into our driveway with an attached trailer during a move.

At our new house, some random guy walking up the street said he could fix the dent for $50. I guess he was a good salesman, because next thing you know, he drilled a hole so that he could pull out the dent. Unfortunately, he hit the gas pipe and gas started to leak all over. This was one of those real Rusty and Dad moments that I remember from so many from my childhood!
Matty J,

Nice to hear the back story on the dent and the repair from "some random guy walking up the street". It does sound like so something right out of the movie. Hopefully, Cousin Eddie empties his own tank before his next visit. ???

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

For those who have Twitter, can we spam bomb RJ for Launch Freaking Green Pics? He "caved" so to speak for 3rd row pics/videos. Lets just bug the crap out of him.

https://twitter.com/RJScaringe

My Format:

@RJScaringe @Rivian With Delivery starting in about a Month or would you mind posting up pictures/videos of Launch Green In person? It could help the ordering/finalization process of a lot of R1T/R1S owners! #Rivian #R1T #R1S Much Appreciated! -Online RIVIOT
Sponsored

Last edited: