First Name
G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi S5 Cabriolet, 4 Wranglers
Occupation
Professional Email Deleter
I know some forum members don’t want us to complain… but … has anyone experienced a lack of synchronization with Spotify and podcasts after the last update? Odd stuff. Podcast doesn’t go to the next one in the series after completion and more annoying, the show indicates the right time/place where you ended on another device but starts playing where you last listened on the rivian. Any tips let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Same and I hate not having the “New Episodes” tab on my R1S (never has been there), but now the “Your Episodes” doesn’t update.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Same issue, I just posted about it. I gave it a couple weeks to fix itself, but no luck. Even logging out and back in does zilch! I'm getting pretty annoyed having to push it from my phone. FWIW it thinks it's Android Auto. Is that what the Rivian infotainment runs on?

Rivian R1T R1S Lack of synchronization with Spotify and podcasts after the last update Screenshot_20231102-082538~2

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I know some forum members don’t want us to complain… but … has anyone experienced a lack of synchronization with Spotify and podcasts after the last update? Odd stuff. Podcast doesn’t go to the next one in the series after completion and more annoying, the show indicates the right time/place where you ended on another device but starts playing where you last listened on the rivian. Any tips let me know. Thanks.
I found a workaround. Go to your podcasts, play one, then go to Your Episodes. It'll push an updated list.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Same issue, I just posted about it. I gave it a couple weeks to fix itself, but no luck. Even logging out and back in does zilch! I'm getting pretty annoyed having to push it from my phone. FWIW it thinks it's Android Auto. Is that what the Rivian infotainment runs on?

Screenshot_20231102-082538~2.png
Where is the command on the phone to push new playlists to the car?
Thanks

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Where is the command on the phone to push new playlists to the car?
Thanks
There is none, in the truck I go to a specific Podcast page and it updates my playlist.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
There is none, in the truck I go to a specific Podcast page and it updates my playlist.
Ah, thanks.
I'm sure this will get fixed with the next update, but right now I can find no way to add and delete entire playlists in the truck. Certainly not the end of the world.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Same/similar issue here - Podcasts that I add to my library from my phone never show up in the truck. For that matter I cannot find anyway to add a podcast to my library from the truck and I can't remember if I could ever do that or if I had to use my phone. In either case my library as visible from the truck is sort of frozen in amber for the time being.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Same/similar issue here - Podcasts that I add to my library from my phone never show up in the truck. For that matter I cannot find anyway to add a podcast to my library from the truck and I can't remember if I could ever do that or if I had to use my phone. In either case my library as visible from the truck is sort of frozen in amber for the time being.
Navigate to a specific podcast in the truck, i.e. look at the list of Joe Rogan podcasts, then go back to the Your Episodes playlist, it'll refresh. That's my work around.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Two questions/clarifications about Spotify in the Rivian:

1. I can't find a way to mark an episode played manually in the vehicle like you can in the app?

2. I have not be able to figure out what the + sign on the right menu does? The manual is essentially void of any details about the app controls.

Rivian R1T R1S Lack of synchronization with Spotify and podcasts after the last update 1701731524141

Sponsored

Tim Dora

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2022 , R1S 2023
Clubs

I have a R1t and r1s. It started sun, Dec 3rd on both vehicles. When we shift into reverse, the screen goes from showing all our play lists to updating data to no media available. It can sometime get the playlists to reappear if I go to Tune In and then back to Spotify. Tried soft reset, hard reset, sleep mode and logged out of Spotify and back in. No help. Went through the entire process with support. She opened a ticket and suggested I contact Spotify. We have the most recent app. The software is 23.42.01. App is 2.5.1.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Throwing this out to the community.
Has anyone found a fix to car Spotify not synchronizing with their Spotify account (car won't add or delete playlists from changes in the phone Spotify library)?

STyler

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My podcast tile isn’t even showing up in the library on infotainment screen. Anyone else?

OP
OP
gt28

gt28

First Name
G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi S5 Cabriolet, 4 Wranglers
Occupation
Professional Email Deleter
I did the hard infotainment reset (press both outside buttons on the wheel) and it seemed to fix things.

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
I did the hard infotainment reset (press both outside buttons on the wheel) and it seemed to fix things.
I tried that with no luck. I'm hoping the 2024.46.0 software update will fix this for me.
Sponsored