Kia EV9 Specs are out

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
trim summary. looks designed to protect Telluride sales.

Rivian R1T R1S Kia EV9 Specs are out Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 15.24.38
Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Laughable when the EX90 has 300 miles of range and well optioned under $80K
Has EX90's range been officially announced? It remains to be seen what "well optioned" really means, though.

GR

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
This actually looks good for Rivian. It shows that the dual motor option, if close to the advertised price in the configurator, will be very competitive. 78k with no dealer shenanigans vs 73k with dealer shenanigans for a far inferior vehicle, IMO, is a no-brainer. Rivian needs the competition to look, perform, and cost what the EV9 does.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
These specs look bad to meā€¦ might as well get a R1S with dual motor and standard battery, and get the tax credit
Agree, range is super impressive especially for a 2024 vehicle. If you aren't over 300 these days, you aren't even competitive IMO.

Sponsored

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Thatā€™s odd. Usually one of the selling points for Kia/Hyundai is that they provide a lot more standard equipment for less than their competitors. Here it seems like they are offering less in some aspects (range, power, acceleration, capability). Other than 3 row option, seems like a dud to me. But to each their own.

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
I hesitate to believe this ā€œleakā€. Kia would almost certainly use the EV6 battery pack for those numbers and it just isnā€™t logical to assume that.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I donā€™t know what they are trying to do here. Most people would be ok with lower HP if they had more range, but this is just underwhelming all around. And given the behavior of Kia dealers around the country most people will be paying with kidneys in addition to the listed prices.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
I hesitate to believe this ā€œleakā€. Kia would almost certainly use the EV6 battery pack for those numbers and it just isnā€™t logical to assume that.
This.

Or that:

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
Hahaha, I f***ing love that ad, especially the other hamsters driving around in a toaster or dryer :D

On topic:

Really disappointing mix of price, range and performance. I suppose at the lower end, it's one of very few 3-row EV SUVs in the sub $60K space.

Sponsored

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
The future of EV sales (at least for now) will be based on $$$$ per range.......bottom line "range anxiety" is the biggest detrimental factor.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
I am skeptical of this "leak" as well. Looking at the Ioniq5 and EV6 hits, I would be very surprised if Kia would not put more into this package (performance and range) to demand the pricing for the upper trims.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Hahaha, I f***ing love that ad, especially the other hamsters driving around in a toaster or dryer :D

On topic:

Really disappointing mix of price, range and performance. I suppose at the lower end, it's one of very few 3-row EV SUVs in the sub $60K space.
I was thinking that the value trim could potentially work as our family school bus and help keep my future R1S clean(er), but I think with dealer mark ups and time to market, itā€™s probably a better value proposition to just add a two motor R1S when they are available.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
-squints- are those Mach E specs? Oh, worse?

3 row SUV with hatchback power train?

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
I was thinking that the value trim could potentially work as our family school bus and help keep my future R1S clean(er), but I think with dealer mark ups and time to market, itā€™s probably a better value proposition to just add a two motor R1S when they are available.
Oh yeah, if you factor in any markup, and that "Trim 1" package starts pushing into the mid to upper 60s, I'd definitely just spend another $10K on a base trim R1S (where the base is still better).

When I first read about these (we saw one at the NY Auto Show), and some of the price projections, I was thinking the Trim 2 level would be about $55K and for the $75K market segment, you'd at least be looking at 300+ miles of range.
Sponsored