Sponsored

Jul-Sep 2022 Delivery Group (Pre price hike)

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

R1T/Forest Green/Adventure 3/21/21 Pre Order

IMO this window will slip to Jan-Mar 2023 and will not include the new motors or batteries.

I am disappointed in the schedule slip but not overly concerned with possible improvements.

I have an EV6 that we will enjoy until our R1T is ready. I also have an early reservation for a EV Silverado as a backup.

These are rough unpredictable times and IMO Rivian is in the perfect storm so to speak and is doing as good a job as can be expected.
Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I'm in this group also - I'm a Feb. 2020 preorder with an LE R1T. I'd like to think they're going to deliver all LE before 2023, so I don't think this entire window slips. At least that's my hope...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
A Schedule slip for this group is pure speculation at this point. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I don't think we have the data to suggest either way as far as I have seen.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
R1T - LA Silver - Adventure - June 2020.

Would love to have delivery sometime in the fall, but won't be surprised if it slips.

Thanks for starting the thread. I was feeling left out.?

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I think some folks in this group may get their LEs but 15k R1T in 2022 has to push a good portion of this timeframe out.

Besides a fair portion of what is prognosticated in this forum is pure speculation.

Sponsored

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
Placed my order October 2020 (R1T - RB - BM - 20") and I too have this window.

I do feel good though about getting my order within this window. I believe that the 25k production number was understood when these delivery windows were announced. That being said I think an assumption that we would fall all the way to 2023 is a little bit of a stretch. I could see at worst holiday timeframe. Either way I am excited and I went to the March/April window thread and those folks just started getting communication like a week ago and some are saying that last week they were told possibly 3-6 weeks from signed agreement and then a week later they are now taking delivery. A lot of them seem to say its moving very fast all of a sudden. Here's to hoping!

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I'm also in this window and hoping it doesn't slip, but I guess we'll find out.

May 2021 pre-order....R1T, Adventure, white, BM, 22" wheels. I had R1T, can't remember color, BM, 20" wheels when I was given this window, but I keep getting told my window is still valid....so who knows.

Last edited:

RDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
LE R1S, midnight, BM, ATs. Really hoping to get it in the window. I think LE is giving me a little hope….is what it is. Our range for a new build is taking 13 months….so I get it

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager
R1T, Adventure, White, OC, 20" AT. May 2021 Denver Preorder.

Given my late preorder compared to others in this window and Ocean Coast I'm hoping they don't run out of parts and it holds. Last talks with CS the other day is that its still on track.

Joelpro

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi Q7
Clubs

It's interesting to see how wide this pre-order window is. I'm a May 2020 pre-order, and it looks like we've got all the way from Feb 2020-May 2021. Makes sense as it was probably a slower time for pre-orders. We'll see how well the window holds. Hoping we see some Guide movement here in the next couple of months!

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
When speculating at least look at numbers somewhere for some basis.

In the poll on this forum only 821 people responded With delivery windows. That is 5.5% of 15k.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

When speculating at least look at numbers somewhere for some basis.

In the poll on this forum only 821 people responded With delivery windows. That is 5.5% of 15k.
I agree that there should be some basis for speculating.

My basis is that at one point in time in the past I estimated that I was around 45,000th in line based on my pre order date and number of pre orders at that point in time. Taking into account my location, ID (no service center) = a heck of a lot of trucks had to be delivered before I got mine.

With the release of delivery time windows I find it hard to believe I somehow moved up into the 11-13k position in line. Which includes LEs. And yes I understand that delivery is based on location/config/pre order date.

So my speculation is that Rivian has revised the number of R1Ts for 2021/2022 downward. Layered on top of that are all the current uncontrollable things associated with world wide events. I am assuming that Rivian will execute as best they can.

For my own sanity I expect the worst but hope for the best!!!

So I expect that my R1T(non LE) will be delivered sometime in the 1H2023. CS assured me today that I was still on track for delivery Jul-Sep 2022, which is what they are instructed to say until the new delivery windows are published.

Last edited:

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Im a 8/20 LE R1S. I was more excited when it was $96k about getting it this summer. I hate my current car and cannot drive it for another year.

got bored and started test driving

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Im a 8/20 LE R1S. I was more excited when it was $96k about getting it this summer. I hate my current car and cannot drive it for another year.

got bored and started test driving
What have you test driven so far?

I tested Y, MME. XC40 Recharge and EV6. Settled on the EV6 but they are all pretty solid choices.

We really enjoy the EV6 but will probably sell it once a R1T becomes available. Our plan is to down size to one vehicle as we are retired and don’t really need two. The R1T checks all the boxes for our needs/wants.

We don’t blame Rivian for the slow start and delays. Unfortunately they launched at a terrible time. IMHO things are set to get worse before they get better. EV mania will drive battery supply to zero well before battery capacity is in place. Electric motors could be another constraint.

Last edited:

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I'm also in this delivery window. Placed my order Feb '21, R1T, Rivian Blue, Ocean Coast interior, 20" brights. When I started my own self-speculation of when I may receive my truck, I had December 2022 as how it appeared based on the information I've had (which is very little). Once I got my delivery window of Jul-Sept I was surprised, but still telling myself December. Now that we see their revised numbers for this year's production, I still feel like December 22 is reasonable. I think the pre-orders that will likely be the most delayed this year will be the R1S, but again that is total speculation on my part.
Sponsored