It's May....

martymande

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I chatted with Rivian and asked about how the calls will happen. I was told that you will get an email from your guide to schedule a phone call. This makes way more sense as you will want to be prepared with all your questions and not just get a phone call at an inopportune time.
Yes, that is true but not starting until mid May

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Chat on line today
Do you have a screenshot or something else to substantiate?

I'm not calling you a liar, I'll leave that to others ?

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T

Why would anyone can him/her a liar?

I fully expected it would be mid or late May before anyone was contacted.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Dont be lazy talk to them your self so they can tell you soon!:p

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Until now, nobody has raised the prospects for actual vehicle purchase pricing to rise (unlikely to drop) once they begin selling next month. From day one until now, all the pricing shown has "Estimated pricing" caveat. What's the likelihood of Rivian slapping a few more thousand dollars onto the base pricetag?
I highly doubt they will do this - it is way too close to make this risky of a call. They could however reprice some of the optionals if they wanted to. We haven't seen any pricing on the crossbars, tents etc. so there's room for upward price pressure there. They could also charge more for things like dark wheels if they really wanted. And finally there's the delivery fee which we're all assuming is going to be in line with industry standards, but they could be like we're charging $xx more because it's home delivery.

Kenshaka

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Titan/2005 Honda Accord/2017 Zero DSR
Occupation
Radiology Technologist
Yes, that is true but not starting until mid May
I asked CS how many R1T’s is the weekly goal for production:

“That is a good question, and we appreciate you asking! Unfortunately that specific value has not been shared with us. However, if you are concerned with delivery timing, I can provide that as we gear up towards final production in the coming weeks, Rivian Guides will begin to reach out this month to essentially finalize the order. This leads me to say that delivery is influenced by three factors: The vehicle's final configuration, geographic location, and preorder date. Based on our records, we can see a deposit was made on August 28th, 2019. Given that you are one of the early adopters, and a Launch Edition holder for the R1T, we can assure you that delivery is still set to begin in June, and you can expect to hear from your Guide very, very soon.
It's also worth noting that production will begin on each vehicle after the customer signs the final purchase agreement. This does lock in your final configuration, and we'll produce accordingly.”

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
So we will have to lock into all options before we even see the real vehicles... I've got an R1S Forest green w/ ocean coast rolling in 22s, so no doubt it'll be nice, but I want to see Launch green first. I also want to see more R1S interior before I completely write off the R1T, because I could easily go for launch green with green interior R1T. I just feel more engineering went into the T.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I asked CS how many R1T’s is the weekly goal for production:

“That is a good question, and we appreciate you asking! Unfortunately that specific value has not been shared with us. However, if you are concerned with delivery timing, I can provide that as we gear up towards final production in the coming weeks, Rivian Guides will begin to reach out this month to essentially finalize the order. This leads me to say that delivery is influenced by three factors: The vehicle's final configuration, geographic location, and preorder date. Based on our records, we can see a deposit was made on August 28th, 2019. Given that you are one of the early adopters, and a Launch Edition holder for the R1T, we can assure you that delivery is still set to begin in June, and you can expect to hear from your Guide very, very soon.
It's also worth noting that production will begin on each vehicle after the customer signs the final purchase agreement. This does lock in your final configuration, and we'll produce accordingly.”
Rivian R1T R1S It's May.... 585310

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I asked about Guide timing and delivery dates and all that jazz as well. Course, I didn’t expect any substantial information, and got none anyways!

He did make me feel good about my preorder date though haha.

Rivian R1T R1S It's May.... 6764A41A-B02D-43A2-B59C-A05096C7A3D5

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
So we will have to lock into all options before we even see the real vehicles...
Only if you want delivery ASAP.
I won't be signing a purchase order without a test drive and therefore seeing them in person (hopefully in a variety of colors/configurations).
If that means my order gets pushed back, that's the way it will be. If it means I lose the option for an LE, that would be disappointing but I'm not 100% sure that's what I want anyway - need to see the Explore package vs Adventure, the EPA range #'s for the various wheels, etc. For me, the Max pack Explore might be a better option than the LE. Too soon to know for sure.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Only if you want delivery ASAP.
I'm sorry, the unreasonable amount of patience shown by your post along with the rationality of how you are making your purchasing decision, makes you unfit for this forum!?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I asked about Guide timing and delivery dates and all that jazz as well. Course, I didn’t expect any substantial information, and got none anyways!

He did make me feel good about my preorder-order date though haha.

6764A41A-B02D-43A2-B59C-A05096C7A3D5.jpeg
That's my date! You're in my area! LE R1T in launch green with forest edge, right? Right?!
Sponsored