timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That how I feel, I think el cap is definitely going to be up there from other polls I've seen if not number one. However, if I needed to I would go launch green in order to get an earlier delivery.
I think any of the colors we've seen already would be a safe bet as being available for early delivery. As far as I know, we have not yet seen Limestone, Midnight, Compass Yellow, or Launch Green on pre-production vehicles (although it's possible they could be wrapped). Those colors could result in delayed delivery, but we don't know. If there's one thing in your configuration that might cause a delay, it's probably the dark wheels. Remember, Rivian wasn't originally planning to offer those on Launch Edition so they may not arrive until later.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Unfortunately, I agree, I'd like to think June deliveries will happen but my expectations are low. Let's hope they stick by under promise over deliver...
My gut is they deliver maybe 100 trucks in June, starting in late June. Then maybe 500 in July and ramping up in August to 1,000+. I just can’t help but be pessimistic due to the lack of information or even the slightest tidbit that looks like they are ready for mass production.

That being said, I’d rather wait and have a solid product than for them to rush it and have issues. So I won’t be upset with a delay. Just SMH over the lack of communication.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This is a company ramping up their first assembly line - it should be expected that they will ramp up slowly.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Do you already know which color will be first? They've never stated that Launch Green will be first produced, only that it's exclusive to LEs.

Certainly could be first, but I bet El Cap with dark interior is a pretty popular choice as well.
I still feel like Launch Green will be earlier instead of later since it is a limited run collector's edition kinda thing. After that I would think they would just go with what's more popular so probably a tossup and Red, Blue, and Yellow at the back of the line

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Not doing Launch Green as the very first color, or surely shortly after delivering some white and silver trucks, would be laughable. Seriously. Meme-worthy otherwise.

Sponsored

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
Interesting that most here think the popular colors would be made first. I was thinking the opposite since production will likely start slow and probably have a few kinks to work out as well as new employees to train. Once they are ready to increase production then the more popular colors/configurations will start rolling down the line. Rivian appears to be about getting the process right vs rushing the process even it means low production numbers at first. Then again maybe this is just wishful thinking since I picked Compass Yellow.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Based off of all the data have seen I think the reason for the slow trickle of information is simply put because they are not ready.

I believe the level of what we think the company will be active and viable to everyone won't happen until September or October. For us LE holders we will see delivery as following:

-EPA Numbers Come out in May maybe June
-Crash Testing won't be official until July/August
-Delivery will be 1000% personal and we will get a very limited number of accessories either included or as a option to bundle but not as much as you would think.
-Deliveries will come with a gift box thanking us for our patience
-No Dealerships or test drive events until June it self (they are still hiring the people who are coordinating these events so to get them hired and trained is at least 1.5 months).
-No in store/service centers at Launch, though any issues will be handled albeit probably a little slower.
-Showing us colors and materials in person will be coordinated by the in person events which wont start until June/July.
-Deliveries that are 100% confirmed with out test driving, in person color choice, or material could happen in June but only if you agree to not care about those until delivery with a 7 day return policy.
Quoted this prior to all the 7 day return policy information. I still think it stands.

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
We are between 30 and 60 days until deliveries are SUPPOSED to start...
So right, and I hope that everyone on this forum realizes this. Even if they delayed launch by a few weeks I really don't want this forum to turn into a toxic place where people just complain about how Rivian isn't doing things fast enough. If I start seeing posts about how someone sold their car because their R1T was supposed to be here by June then I'm out.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So right, and I hope that everyone on this forum realizes this. Even if they delayed launch by a few weeks I really don't want this forum to turn into a toxic place where people just complain about how Rivian isn't doing things fast enough. If I start seeing posts about how someone sold their car because their R1T was supposed to be here by June then I'm out.
I would not be shocked with a delay, but to be sure, the (over)reaction of a bunch of interwebbers won’t influence whether I move forward or not.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Interesting that most here think the popular colors would be made first. I was thinking the opposite since production will likely start slow and probably have a few kinks to work out as well as new employees to train. Once they are ready to increase production then the more popular colors/configurations will start rolling down the line. Rivian appears to be about getting the process right vs rushing the process even it means low production numbers at first. Then again maybe this is just wishful thinking since I picked Compass Yellow.
If you're right about the rarer colors getting delivered first, I'll take one (the first one) in "Paris Hilton Pink". The upside? I'll get the first R1T in early June. The downside? I drop $3,500 for a matted Launch Green wrap.

If they name it "Taylor Swift Pink", I'll just wait. I do have some standards.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Hoorah For Team Yellow!

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Getting really close! Excited for whomever gets their R1T in June, it'll be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

My preorder number was 1,551 (November 2018) and I was figuring with not everyone wanting the "max pack" that I would get mine in the first 3 months (June, July, August). But with the 300 mile pack orders getting priority I would again just guess the same.

I can't remember off hand Rivian's quoted production targets but wouldn't be surprised if 500 vehicles roll off the line and into owner hands come June and then ramping up to double that over the first 90 days (1,000/month) and hopefully doubling that once again 90-120 days later.

So I'd hope an October/November 2018 pre-order would land you in an R1T by July at the latest. I have a feeling that there will be at least a two year back long in getting these vehicles into the hands of preorder holders, and anticipated this placing a second preorder so I could get an R1T and then maybe an R1S later for my wife, or sell mine to get a newer one should Rivian make vast improvements over the first two years of the R1T's production cycle.

I think I'll head over to the plant and watch come June to see what I can see.

Hard to believe we're just about there.

My question is aside from RJ, who will be the first 10 people to get their R1T in June?

I'd love to see that list!

Last edited:

Kenshaka

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Titan/2005 Honda Accord/2017 Zero DSR
Occupation
Radiology Technologist
Damn, that’s exactly what I did. But fortunately I have a backup. You see it in my profile pic

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I kind of doubt we will see Compass Yellow, red, and maybe Launch Green for a while. They seem to be having a hard time settling in the color (at least that’s what we heard for Launch Green)

My bet is they come out with the easiest colors first.
Sponsored