First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
That's my date! You're in my area! LE R1T in launch green with forest edge, right? Right?!
Yeah, I’m in Bellevue! LE R1T yeah, but I’m doing Blue with Mountain Black on 22”s
Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Only if you want delivery ASAP.
I won't be signing a purchase order without a test drive and therefore seeing them in person (hopefully in a variety of colors/configurations).
If that means my order gets pushed back, that's the way it will be. If it means I lose the option for an LE, that would be disappointing but I'm not 100% sure that's what I want anyway - need to see the Explore package vs Adventure, the EPA range #'s for the various wheels, etc. For me, the Max pack Explore might be a better option than the LE. Too soon to know for sure.
I'm with you on this one DucRider. If Rivian seriously expects us to drop 80K basically sight unseen they have been drinking too much of there own kool-aid.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm with you on this one DucRider. If Rivian seriously expects us to drop 80K basically sight unseen they have been drinking too much of there own kool-aid.
I bet Rivian won't have a problem finding people to take their delivery sight-unseen, at least initially.

You may not be that person, but they're out there.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I bet Rivian won't have a problem finding people to take their delivery sight-unseen, at least initially.

No doubt you are correct and they know that but personally I think it reflects poorly on the corporate character if they force me to make a less than fully informed decision. I to will let the LE go in favor of a max pack if that is the choice I face. Maybe that is what Rivian wants.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Right now Rivian is short on people as we know by the long list of open positions. Right now it seems like they are putting their resources into getting the truck and assembly line Tested and working properly. I would much rather they do that then worry about telling us things that might change anyway. Maybe I'm just more patient than most people but I don't mind if its next year June as long as I'm at the front of the list and the product has not been rushed.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
No doubt you are correct and they know that but personally I think it reflects poorly on the corporate character if they force me to make a less than fully informed decision. I to will let the LE go in favor of a max pack if that is the choice I face. Maybe that is what Rivian wants.
Why do you think it’s a black/white decision? I wouldn’t be surprised if apprehensive LE reservation holders are allowed to defer their reservation until after a test drive. You’ll wait a little longer to get your delivery, but that doesn’t mean you have to lose your LE reservation.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Right now Rivian is short on people as we know by the long list of open positions. Right now it seems like they are putting their resources into getting the truck and assembly line Tested and working properly. I would much rather they do that then worry about telling us things that might change anyway. Maybe I'm just more patient than most people but I don't mind if its next year June as long as I'm at the front of the list and the product has not been rushed.
You silly, reasonable man.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Why do you think it’s a black/white decision? I wouldn’t be surprised if apprehensive LE reservation holders are allowed to defer their reservation until after a test drive. You’ll wait a little longer to get your delivery, but that doesn’t mean you have to lose your LE reservation.
A lot of unknowns and I guess Its fun to speculate. If if it boils down to a late LE delivery( Nov-Dec) vs a 1-2 quarter 2022 Max Pack delivery I'm not sure which direction I would go. I'm not sure where Rivian would place me in the Max Pack line at that point. A question for the Guide.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Just asked if Guides will be reaching out in the next week or closer to the end of the month. They said in the next week as training is just about wrapped up.

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Hell, they could have emailed us all a pdf booklet with some detailed pictures and information and we'd have been elated.
Facts

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Rivian R1T R1S It's May.... IMG_7171

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi

With the 7 day/1000 mile return policy, I will take delivery sight-unseen. I’m pretty set on my R1T configuration (exterior color could change) but unfortunately I don’t have an LE reservation so by the time it’s my turn for delivery, I’ll have likely seen a few in person.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Talking with CS looks like R1T holders will get contacted only in May, R1S folks got a while before they get chatted up by a guide. We will be looking to you R1T folks to fill us in with all the juicy tidbits. I think it makes sense just wanted to be sure Im not eyeing my* email for a while when I don't expect nothing will come.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs