First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
That did it. Disconnected the bar. Locked it. Pulled the lever a few times. Then it freed up and started working. Now all 4 are latched.
Brain fart. Did the wrong latch. Found the bad one and ... It's still bad.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Nice work @E.S.
Seriously Rivian might as well just hand over the customer support reigns to Rivian Forums things would be going much smoother by now.
... If you can survive such a dark place.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Bummer about the bars and your hydraulic situation. I would definitely put in a service request for both items. I know stuff like this is a bummer but it does in fact happen sometime with a established car company let alone a new one and just wanted to say hopefully it doesnt leave too sour of a taste in your mouth.

Definitely use your app, bug them for service etc and make sure its handled in a timely matter (hoping). With you being in California I can't see how it wouldn't be solved ASAP.

OP
OP

plasmdude

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Bummer about the bars and your hydraulic situation. I would definitely put in a service request for both items. I know stuff like this is a bummer but it does in fact happen sometime with a established car company let alone a new one and just wanted to say hopefully it doesnt leave too sour of a taste in your mouth.

Definitely use your app, bug them for service etc and make sure its handled in a timely matter (hoping). With you being in California I can't see how it wouldn't be solved ASAP.
Thank you! I agree, Rivian is still a young company in terms of a mass produced product. Excited to see them mature the quality and refine the software. Thus far the support team has been very responsive.

Looking forward to getting out there with the truck. Planning on a Disney trip in April if the truck is fixed by then.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Thank you! I agree, Rivian is still a young company in terms of a mass produced product. Excited to see them mature the quality and refine the software. Thus far the support team has been very responsive.

Looking forward to getting out there with the truck. Planning on a Disney trip in April if the truck is fixed by then.

Your first big trip in the Rivian is to... Disney?
IMG_20220317_223007.gif
I have a May/June date and a trip to Disneyland planned for late 6/26. If I have my truck, I'm planning on driving it down to Anaheim from Portland.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
IMG_20220317_223007.gif
Winners of the Superbowl go to Disneyland, should be good enough for the winners of the Rivian delivery lottery. ?

Sconces

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2 Comp/Rivian R1T
Had luck with pushing down and jiggling the base/foot when closing the latch.

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to hear that. It was at least worth a try. At least you did your part and confirmed the part is (pseudo) defective. Now, I guess the next best thing to do is bring it to Rivian's attention so they (should) can replace it.

It's like those older football interviews when a team won the superbowl -

"You just got a Rivian, what are you going to do next?"
"I'm going to DISNEY!"

Last edited:

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
That did it. Disconnected the bar. Locked it. Pulled the lever a few times. Then it freed up and started working. Now all 4 are latched.
Excellent!
You might want to edit your title (resolved)

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
... If you can survive such a dark place.
HA, I caught that in the investor call as well. This is the first forum I have been active on, personally it's been a source of excitement more than gloom. All things considered I feel that Rivians' production this year will be pretty good. Even the established big boys/ gals are having to drop their production forecasts.
I still think the vast majority of people have never heard of Rivian (I've never seen one in person) once people see these things I think they will be blown away. Then if they actually compare purchase options I think the R1's compare exceedingly favorably to any other option even with the new pricing. Apologies for getting off topic.