Sponsored

Is it possible the lines on the reverse camera aren’t aligned?

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
I’ve never parked so poorly in my life when backing into a space as I do in the R1S. The picture always shows me over one line or the other, but they aren’t accurate/reflective of my actual location in the spot (seems to be off by an inch or two).

If only we had side mirrors that tilt down in reverse. Have never used that feature in all my cars that had it as an option, but feel like I really need it now.
Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I thought I was going nuts! I experience the same thing in my R1T. Seems like software update can fix it.

Reactions: Rad

eskudo12791

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
My top down view and backup camera never align, Rivian insisted that I just do a soft reboot, never seems to last let alone actually fix it.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
I’ve never parked so poorly in my life when backing into a space as I do in the R1S. The picture always shows me over one line or the other, but they aren’t accurate/reflective of my actual location in the spot (seems to be off by an inch or two).

If only we had side mirrors that tilt down in reverse. Have never used that feature in all my cars that had it as an option, but feel like I really need it now.
Have you tried changing the camera mode to be the mirror-down view you're talking about? That usually helps more than relying on the guide lines on the reverse view.

OP
OP
MilliM

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Have you tried changing the camera mode to be the mirror-down view you're talking about? That usually helps more than relying on the guide lines on the reverse view.
Every now and again I’ll go into my profile and manually adjust them down, but would prefer it did so automatically (if offered as an option in settings) when I put it in reverse.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Every now and again I’ll go into my profile and manually adjust them down, but would prefer it did so automatically (if offered as an option in settings) when I put it in reverse.
To be clear, I'm talking about the actual camera mode that does exactly what you're talking about. There are two buttons on the camera screen -- the first one toggles between 360 degree mode and "curb" mode. I've attached a photo of what I'm talking about:

Rivian R1T R1S Is it possible the lines on the reverse camera aren’t aligned? image

OP
OP
MilliM

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
OIC. Wasn’t aware of that mode but will give it a shot tomorrow! Thx for the advice and suggestion.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OIC. Wasn’t aware of that mode but will give it a shot tomorrow! Thx for the advice and suggestion.
It works in forward and reverse, and does what you expect for each. In reverse, the left and right camera views show the view down and back from each mirror. It works really well!

Swezey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM LBP 21" Rivian Blue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I thought I was going nuts! I experience the same thing in my R1T. Seems like software update can fix it.
Same. Came from a RAM 1500 and could park it without issue with mirrors or using the lines on the backup camera.

If I follow the lines on my R1T I always end up crooked.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I have thought that as well. WHen I first started backing into a parking spot, I was always 6" to 12" off. Since then I have gotten a lot better. I do think it is a little off, but I have to remember that it isn't exact and merely a HELPFUL feature.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Launch Edition
Made a couple comments to my passengers about this as well! I thought I forgot how to reverse/drive properly since I was never centered in the parking spor

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
Same. Came from a RAM 1500 and could park it without issue with mirrors or using the lines on the backup camera.

If I follow the lines on my R1T I always end up crooked.
Same for me. I went from a RAM 1500 as well and have been have noticed reversing into spots is not quite as fluid now.

Swezey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM LBP 21" Rivian Blue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Same for me. I went from a RAM 1500 as well and have been have noticed reversing into spots is not quite as fluid now.
Thank god I'm not the only one. I was starting to wonder if my mid-30s was already taking its toll on me 🤣

Okay, who has had this issue and has had it fixed by going to the service center?

I have a minor recall to handle and this would be another thing to add to the visit.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Just happened to me. Top down view, looking at lines in parking spot. Vehicle appears to be aligned, I get out and I'm cockeyed! Ugg.

OP
OP
MilliM

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
You can see how far off the guide line on the right of the main window is relative to the top down actual view on the far right…this is why I’ve sucked so bad at parking.

I almost did the happy dance today because I was the most centered I’ve ever been thanks to now getting used to this view vs the 360…
Rivian R1T R1S Is it possible the lines on the reverse camera aren’t aligned? IMG_4126
Sponsored