Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Prius, 2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2023 Bolt EUV
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Hey, all. Also a long-time lurker, first-today poster.

I've been pretty active already over on a few R1S threads this evening, so I won't repeat myself here and be that guy. Good to meet you, and I'll see you around the boards.
Sponsored

razorj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Canyon R1T; 2006 BMW M Roadster
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20220914_152446
Arrived. The ID.4 goes away tomorrow. She served well and was a great first EV while waiting for the R1T to arrive. Which did so 51 weeks after being ordered. #redisfaster

CJC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volt
20220914_152446.jpg
Arrived. The ID.4 goes away tomorrow. She served well and was a great first EV while waiting for the R1T to arrive. Which did so 51 weeks after being ordered. #redisfaster
I really like that red. I chose yellow (arrives 9/19!!!), but that red is Hot!

AmerikanMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Executive
really like that red. I chose yellow (arrives 9/19!!!), but that red is Hot!
I was gonna say the same thing…….. I must’ve changed my configuration 2,000 times from the Red to the Limestone.

Alas, I stuck with Limestone, but man is that Red beautiful! I am lucky enough to have a reservation for an R1S and that is now Red and will never change. Lol.

Anyway - been lurking awhile, active in other forums ([Banned Site], Rivians in the desert FB page, Rivans in Phoenix FB page) and love the activity on this site. Great pics and content.

Anyway, my Limestone, Forest Edge, 20” AT is currently at the Phoenix Service Center. They haven’t officially notified me of that yet, but my truck is 100% paid for and insured so I know where it is.

Hoping to be notified and p/u next week.

Interested in the after-market wheel powder coating I’ve seen, some PPF tint on the sunroof and I’m ready to hit the trails!!

I’ll post pics soon!

Sponsored

njech7

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Porsche Cayenne Manual
Occupation
Sales
Well, I become an official owner on Wednesday. I'm pretty pumped. I will post a pic once it's in hand!!

RobBass

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 328i Luxury
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got the email today most of us are waiting for this morning, ready for delivery and then promptly delivery confirmed for this Saturday :rock:

I am kinda shocked all this happened in just over a week. So much for the 3-8 week window provided by the guide who has been great thus far.

Last edited:

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Howdy folks👋 Been poking around a while so I thought I’d join the group, ordered a Limestone R1T back in Jan ‘22 (adventure pack, ocean coast, 20” wheels). I’m hearing early next year, but can’t wait to get mine. I’ve been a Land Cruiser guy for over 20 years, but Toyota decided to abandon me and I really can’t imagine buying a new vehicle that gets 15mpg anyway. Look forward to seeing everyone around😃

Last edited:

Wutam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Tacoma
Hey all! I've been lurking since I made my reservation June 2021, and I'm posting today as I just took delivery! I had been checking the R1 shop daily since I was pretty flexible on paint and I honestly think all of Rivian's colors are a step above the rest. The shop was mostly vehicles over $80k and non 20in options that didn't interest me.

I never would have guessed I would be taking delivery of a Launch Edition! but when one popped up on the shop I had to grab it as it met all my must haves. I was going to avoid getting the tonneau but sacrifices had to be made in the name of impatience.

Obligatory driveway photo. Bonus photo of a nosy neighbor checking out what that weird noise is.

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... r1tdrivewayphoto

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... nosyneighbor

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
Hi I'm Matt, I put in my reservation on October 2019. Got an invite to the Rivian store in July and found my almost perfect truck. (it didn't have the under body shield which I wanted because I get off road a lot and had the 21" road tires. . So far I am over the top pleased with my Rivian truck. I have always owned pickups but this is so far beyond any truck that I have ever owned. I've only done road trips but can't wait to get off road. You will not regret owning this truck. As for the R1t vs the R1s I really like the fact that the R1t has so much concealed storage that will keep your gear concealed and lessen the likelihood of a smash and grab.

Sponsored

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
We're farmers in E. Washington state, so dirt roads and mud are a way of life for us. I can guarantee our R1T will be running around on the farm over deep-rutted dusty and muddy roads. Our hobby is wildlife videography/photography which takes us out year-round onto rugged back-roads and up into the mountains. After living with our Bolt EV for nearly 2 years now, we've been hoping for a good long-distance EV pickup. EV's are just better. We also have an electric Polaris Ranger for running around on the farm which has be great. Love electrics!
If you enjoy wildlife videos here's a short example of what I do.
Great video, I am a birder my self and really appreciate the videos. you will love having a Rivian.

AA_Rivian_Socal

First Name
Alaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green R1T Adv. / BM / 20 AT
Occupation
management
Clubs

Good morning from Socal. after a year of lurking as a guest, decided to join yesterday.

My preorder was placed about october last year, had to change to large pack from max pack after delivery date announcements. pending r1s reservation and another max pack r1t reservation.

right now in the middle of 8 steps to finish R1T first preorder. forest green, black interior and All terrain tire package.

went back and forth so many times between limestone and forest green ultimately decided to go with forest green.

forums almost scared me away with all these problems and was thinking of cancelling the transaction but ultimately decided to go for it. even the people complaining swear up and down about how much they like the truck.

I am praying for a build that has less problems than I am expecting.

Never had a guide contact or communication till now. not sure if I need it or not.

superfly_snook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Glacier White
Just joined up here, based in San Diego with a white R1S on preorder. I was originally going for blue, then saw a red R1S in town and changed to that as it was looking sharp. That lasted a couple weeks until I saw a white R1T near my office and was instantly sold on the white and I am thinking I will stick with that. All I can say is choices! So nice to actually have them, instead of whatever the dealer has on the lot. The R1S will be our second EV and join our Audi e-tron SUV so already setup to charge at home and have had the good and bad EA charging experiences already on road trips. Forums like this are wonderful resources and I hope to give back over time. Thanks in advance for all the knowledge shared here that I am sure to benefit from. Cheers!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Just joined up here, based in San Diego with a white R1S on preorder. I was originally going for blue, then saw a red R1S in town and changed to that as it was looking sharp. That lasted a couple weeks until I saw a white R1T near my office and was instantly sold on the white and I am thinking I will stick with that. All I can say is choices! So nice to actually have them, instead of whatever the dealer has on the lot. The R1S will be our second EV and join our Audi e-tron SUV so already setup to charge at home and have had the good and bad EA charging experiences already on road trips. Forums like this are wonderful resources and I hope to give back over time. Thanks in advance for all the knowledge shared here that I am sure to benefit from. Cheers!
Welcome! It’s a great, somewhat salty, always hilarious group of people around here.

AA_Rivian_Socal

First Name
Alaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green R1T Adv. / BM / 20 AT
Occupation
management
Clubs

Welcome. been through the same thing with color selection. good thing they made me lock my configuration.
Sponsored