Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

Fly YX

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R
Occupation
Control Engineer
Hi everyone. Was looking on there website and to order the suv. Ended up filling out a application to work there. Already had my first interview. I have a Jeep Jk Jeep cj and a Ram 1500.
Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Hellos. My name is E.S and I'm a Rivianaholic 😁

sellappa

First Name
Venkatachalam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Dec '21 Preorder
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Holding my breath for 2023H2 delivery window of 12/14/2021 R1S explorer, large pack, LA Silver/BM in Aurora, IL.

Still waiting for Chicago show room and test drive option near by, in-spite-of the following statements on Feb '22

“ “As we prepare to deliver our first vehicles this summer, we’re working to establish physical locations where people can experience Rivian in person,” Tony Caravano, Rivian’s senior director of customer experience, said in an emailed statement. With a high concentration of Rivian pre-order customers, Chicago is a key location for us, and Fulton Market is a vibrant neighborhood and a great fit. Our vehicles are Illinois-built and we’re looking forward to sharing them with this community.”

BRadloff

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Toyota Tundra, BMW 535
Occupation
Sales
Hi All, I just joined the forums a few weeks ago. I received my R1T Launch Edition 3 weeks ago on April 7th. So far I have driven 1485 miles. Loving it so far!

I placed my pre-order on Nov. 15, 2018. I was one of the first non-employee pre-orders, as I was at an event at Rivian HQ where they were previewing their debut for the LA Auto Show in Nov 2018, and they were testing their pre-order system that would go live at the Auto Show. I worked at a Start-up that provided a key component for the self-steering part of Driver+, thus we were invited to the event.

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Hey everyone, I’m Jose and I’m super excited to be here. I pre-ordered my R1T on 09/20/2021 and was contacted by my Rivian Guide on 04/26/2022. They’ve told me that my timeline is 4-5 weeks for delivery here in Orlando.

I’ll be trading in my 2020 Tesla Model Y for my R1T.

My Pre-order is as follows:
  • Midnight exterior
  • Black Mountain interior
  • Adventure package
  • 20” All-Terrain Wheel & Tire Combo
  • Powered Tonneau Cover
  • Reinforced Underbody Shield
  • All-weather floor mats

Sponsored

biznut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW M550i, 2020 BMW X5
Occupation
Automation/DevOps Consulting
Hi all. 1/30/22 R1T pre-order here. Rivian blue, adventure, large battery, 22" bright wheels, powered cover, gear tunnel shuttle. I'm in the St. Louis area about 3 hours from Normal.

Looking forward to some big savings coming from a 10-15mph average premium-only gas guzzling m550i. My wife has an ID4 on order as well, hoping to get that in late summer.

I have a ChargePoint 50A l2 charger on order that we plan to share once our vehicles come in. Cheers!

Last edited:

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
Hey everyone, I’m Jose and I’m super excited to be here. I pre-ordered my R1T on 09/20/2021 and was contacted by my Rivian Guide on 04/26/2022. They’ve told me that my timeline is 4-5 weeks for delivery here in Orlando.

I’ll be trading in my 2020 Tesla Model Y for my R1T.

My Pre-order is as follows:
  • Midnight exterior
  • Black Mountain interior
  • Adventure package
  • 20” All-Terrain Wheel & Tire Combo
  • Powered Tonneau Cover
  • Reinforced Underbody Shield
  • All-weather floor mats
Congratulations! I have a similar build a little earlier preorder date (and willing to change) but No Contact. Cartoon Land !

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
R1T GW exterior with BM interior. I'm in west Texas with one other R1T (LA Silver) in town but have never seen it.

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20220528_190130

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20220524_142054

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20220524_141944

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20220528_190640

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
Hey everyone! Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself add another data point into the mix.

I placed a preorder for a Forest Green / Black Mountain / Adventure package / 20" AT R1T on 09-27-2021. Initially had selected the Max pack battery option, but recently changed that to the Large pack (I updated the battery choice 5/13).

I had previously received a "second half of 2023" delivery estimate in that email update that went out in late December of last year.

I was also one of the many who cancelled their preorder after the whole pricing update fiasco that occurred in March, and subsequently reinstated my order after they walked it back for existing preorders.

5/17 I received an email from my Rivian Guide to schedule our first call. 5/18 I confirmed my build with my guide and signed a PBA. I was given an estimate of “4-8 weeks” until delivery on that call. Fast forward two weeks out from that to yesterday when I made the decision to swap over to the 21” wheels for range anxiety / peace of mind reasons. I pretty much stick to highways and all of my “off roading” pretty much sticks to old forest service roads. Getting an extra ~40 miles back is going to definitely make me feel better about living in a state that’s a little behind the curve when it comes to EVs.

Still no further context on when my truck will get here, hoping for end of June/early July. Would be amazing to get it before the week of the 4th, but knowing my luck it’ll be a few weeks after that!

Jordan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX
Hi everyone!

Jordan here and the R1T wasn’t even on my radar until a few days ago. Initially wanted a Model Y but my cousin brought his blue R1T over and I loved it! So I threw down a reservation yesterday! Now it’s just a painful waiting game and hope I get contacted in under a year 😂 I’m not even a truck kinda guy

Sponsored

evmax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Limestone, Ram 3500 DRW
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hello,
My name is Brett and I'm an EVholic.

Reactions: Max

Coastalmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Healthcare Administrator
Hi,

Time to share the love with another US manufacturer, reserved a R1T today and joining the Rivian team. The Model 3 is being treated for an R1T and the Model Y will become a Cybertruck.

Reactions: Max

rcsting

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2023 Model Y Performance.
Clubs

Hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've owned 4 Teslas and currently drive a Porsche Taycan. I'm in Northern California ( Sacramento ) and hoping to see an R1T close up as I plan on placing my deposit very soon.

It looks like it might be a wait but I'm ok with that.

Thanks

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I've owned 4 Teslas and currently drive a Porsche Taycan.
This remind me of my Harley factory tour. The old tour guide with white beard and arms full of tattoos walked up to us and said

_ "whatchya ridin folks?"
- Night Rod
- V-Rod
- FatBoy
I was last (After all Harley names and owners were exhausted). I was thinking this tour was not a good idea. He looks at me and goes:
- "Whats up son?"

me: "well,........It is a Honda"

Crowed goes OOOOHhhhhhh like you do after you see a terrifying crash.

The dude's eyebrows go down, his eyes are locked into mine, walking toward me slowly without saying a word. I have to mention he was twice my size. He raised his arm (and I am thinking, I never thought, I would be going out like this; for making the wrong purchase).

As I was about to crap my pants, he puts his hand on my shoulder and says:

"Nobody ain't perfect son. As long as you are ridin".

All that to say, we are not holding your previous rides against you. Welcome to the forum anyways.

Last edited:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Now it’s just a painful waiting game
The best time to get in. Your wait and the production issues you will have to deal with will be less than most of us.

Welcome to the forum.
Sponsored