Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Soon to be Houston Rivian owner here. Picking up my R1T on Thursday this week!! It’s been a long wait. May 2019 pre order.

El cap granite
22” black sport wheels
Powered tonneau cover
Black mountain interior
Quad motor
Large battery pack
Sprung for the app weather floor mats and the rivian wall charger as well but being told they are all delayed so I’ll get my truck long before them…
Sponsored

adamthp

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Hi all, Adam here.

I’ve had my El Cap on 21s for 6 weeks now. Preordered a MAX pack in Jan of 19, but my impatience got the better of me and I downsized the pack.

I hail from Houghton, MI in the ever sunny and never buggy U.P. It’s not the easiest place to get to any DCFCs for road trips, but who doesn’t like a little charging adventure! I’m considering another order for a MAX to make life a little easier if road trip charging options don’t improve in the nearish future.

I swapped an X for the truck, and currently have a Y for the wife. I can foresee swapping that for a R1S in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Soon to be Houston Rivian owner here. Picking up my R1T on Thursday this week!! It’s been a long wait. May 2019 pre order.

El cap granite
22” black sport wheels
Powered tonneau cover
Black mountain interior
Quad motor
Large battery pack
Sprung for the app weather floor mats and the rivian wall charger as well but being told they are all delayed so I’ll get my truck long before them…
Welcome to the forum! Good to see more Houstonians get their trucks. Houston members of the forum try to get together at the end of every quarter, so you are welcome to come and join us for the next meet up around the end of September. I hope by that time someone will have a R1S to show off.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Long time lurker, finally got off my butt and hit the "register" button. It must have been the activity in the Canadian forum picking up that got me excited ;) August '21 preorder, R1T.

I guess this is +1 for another Adam. What's with all the Adams on this forum?

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Welcome to the forum! Good to see more Houstonians get their trucks. Houston members of the forum try to get together at the end of every quarter, so you are welcome to come and join us for the next meet up around the end of September. I hope by that time someone will have a R1S to show off.

Sounds like fun! Picked up the truck today and oh my goodness. Didn’t think I could get more excited. Now idk if I am gunna sleep tonight!

Sponsored

GEON

First Name
GEON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Technology Executive
Hi All,

Reserved R1t June of 2020, Picked up my R1t on the last day of June 2022...

Really loving the high regen that allows single pedal driving.

I previously had a 2016 Tesla Model S, the Rivian seems much more refined from a mechanical/fit perspective - Tesla definitely has had time to take of the rough edges on the software - Rivian will get there.

Look forward to learning more from the Hive Mind!

GEON

victorR1Tsatx

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Construction / Remodel / Design
Hello All,

Im Victor, from San Antonio, Tx

Pre Ordered Dec '18.

Delivery was going to be Dec 2021, but we postponed because we were building. We took delivery Jun '22

Launch Green
Forest Green
22"

It is an Incredible vehicle, we are so amazed with The Frog (thats what we call the truck)

I dont want to drive it... its so nice and awesome.

We never had electric vehicle, so have a few things to learn.

douginder

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford F150, Rivian in a few weeks!
Hi Team! Have had my Rivian R1T for a week now. Work near the Irvine Rivian office (not an employee). Just posted this:

New Rivian - Orange County meetup?

Midnight Black
Black Mountain Interior
22” Bright wheels
Powered tonneau cover
Quad motor
Large battery pack

sabreheel74

First Name
Karthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.5
Occupation
Sr. Director Clinical Development
Hi all!
Newly registered member. From
Eastern NC. Put in my pre-order for the R1T Max Pack back in early March 2022 (yes after the price change - oof) after months of hemming and hawing. Would love to figure out configs to change to help get the truck sooner rather than 2024 (including going to the large pack :-( …)
I am excited about the Rivian products and love all the stories and feedback folks are sharing.

Sponsored

Flexia

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Hello all,. Been lurking for a while now. And finally posting here on.

A little bit about me always love technology and vehicles since I was the age to drive. Now I own two Auto Repair / tire shops and always interested in what the EV market is going to do for my businesses. So here we are with a pre-order of an r1t that I put in September 21 just got my eight steps today!

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’19 X5 40i, ’07 X5 4.8, ’98 M Roadster
Howdy all.
Just joined and an EV fan, only experience tho… 2015 i3.

So many great threads to read and digest.

Lots of quality issues, sorta pause a little. It goes without saying, this is a start up and from the ground up development. I’m not shying away….

Given the shared technology and build of the Amazon platform, in my opinion, will only will speed the exposure of issues and a faster exposure and resolution as time passes. If only the R1T was in production at this point, I feel a longer time would be required for the owners to see improvements. Think BMW i3, initially small run and uptake.

?? Why are there so many ads displayed in the threads… I was hoping that might diminish after being a member. No .. zip .. nada

Ok… group hug to everyone-keep sharing so we can continue to learning and always remember make every day an adventure... 👀

JustBarely

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T C63 AMG Honda S2000 E92 M3
Occupation
Logistics
Clubs

I'm so jealous of anyone that can fit their truck in there garage! Cheers!

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... IMG_0434 (1)

kcmwv

First Name
Kevyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Long time lurker, new poster here. I hail from WV and have had my R1T for 2 weeks now. Same as some above, I was a long time reservation holder (don't recall date) with the original reservation of Max Pack, El Cap, Ocean Coast, 21".... But, I did cave and bought one from the shop as we were facing the possibility of losing access to the tax credit. Literally confirmed my configuration 1 hour before the email from Rivian, but oh well. The config I received is El Cap, Forest Edge, 21". Absolutely love the truck so far. Some initial thoughts for those that are interested.

1. Service has been excellent. We had an issue with some damage during transport (no fault of Rivian). We live about 3.5 hours from the Cleveland service center. They drove down, dropped us a loaner, and loaded ours up to take to Cleveland. As a current and previous Tesla owner who doesn't live very close to any service centers, this is a breath of fresh air. In fact, Tesla recently cancelled mobile service in my area because of staffing and basically said "tough s@#$".
2. I know this is totally subjective, but I love the quality of the R1T compared to the Model X and Y. We actually traded our Model X in on a Model Y about 6 months ago because of ongoing issues and really terrible support from Tesla. The Model Y has been a good car, no real complaints there. But, in terms of just the feel of the quality between the Tesla's and the R1T, I don't feel like there is any comparison. R1T wins hands down.
3. I was very skeptical of the Forest Edge interior, but I agree with what I've read in other threads here, it is not as green as the images show. Sort of a grey-ish green. I love the Forest Edge interior now and prefer it to my original choice of Ocean Coast.

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone. Love reading the posts here and learning about other's experiences with their trucks. Keep 'em coming!
Sponsored