Sponsored

Interior color choice - Any non-BM deliveries confirmed?

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Well, most all of us had our paint/int. color selections set (or at least a wide variety) when Rivian sent the wave of "delivery window" emails late last year. So they knew then about the rainbow of colors when they notified us. Of course that doesn't prevent some supplier issue arising since then hampering them. But we all know if that was true, Rivian would be quick to alert us about it.... NOT!
Sponsored

mrfari

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MTA baybee..
I posted this on the FE interior thread my conversation with my guide yesterday 3/7, essentially was a clear conversation regarding how my interior configured would delay my build. My original delivery window is March/April, and I have a few road trips I'm looking forward to take come May, so for me changing from FE to BM was sad but acceptable. OC was also going to delay my build but not as much. He didn't provide specific dates but said approx Q2/Q3 for FE, and longer than a 6-8 week window if I went OC, so I jumped ship. Hopefully your interior specs are available when you get your build, or perhaps you don't mind waiting, after all this time I'm ready to hit the road ASAP.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Well shiz, that just proves how basically Useless it is contacting CS for accurate info. Seems it all depends on who you get and/or perhaps how long they've been there - or frankly how much they care to become informed. :headbang:

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I posted this on the FE interior thread my conversation with my guide yesterday 3/7, essentially was a clear conversation regarding how my interior configured would delay my build. My original delivery window is March/April, and I have a few road trips I'm looking forward to take come May, so for me changing from FE to BM was sad but acceptable. OC was also going to delay my build but not as much. He didn't provide specific dates but said approx Q2/Q3 for FE, and longer than a 6-8 week window if I went OC, so I jumped ship. Hopefully your interior specs are available when you get your build, or perhaps you don't mind waiting, after all this time I'm ready to hit the road ASAP.
Yeah, just what I didn’t want to hear. It’s a real shame CS has no updated info, they just go what was quoted in Nov/Dec regardless of any changes you’ve made.

mrfari

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MTA baybee..
Well shiz, that just proves how basically Useless it is contacting CS for accurate info. Seems it all depends on who you get and/or perhaps how long they've been there - or frankly how much they care to become informed. :headbang:

Haha at least we have each other! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sponsored

mrfari

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MTA baybee..
Yeah, just what I didn’t want to hear. It’s a real shame CS has no updated info, they just go what was quoted in Nov/Dec regardless of any changes you’ve made.
Agreed, and yea my bad, maybe they will exceed expectations on the interior timeline. Having some transparency to this aspect would have been nice last month, I feel like I might already be in build cycle if I had known or at least been given the choice to switch or wait.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
How about exterior colors?

I'm seeing all of these R1Ts lined up at service centers and in the parking lot in Normal. I have Red Canyon/Ocean Coast. ? I have yet to see any Red Canyon R1Ts! On Cragins' list, there were only 4-5 LE Red Canyon R1Ts scheduled for delivery before July 2022. Hopefully the exterior color does not delay things.

I would totally switch back to Rivian Blue/Black Mountain if my current color choices would result in another 6+ month delay. I kept Red Canyon after Rivian gave me an estimated delivery window of "April - May" because I assumed that meant exterior/interior colors would not cause a delay.
I am also Red Canyon/Ocean Coast but have not ever received a delivery date because I used to have the max pack. I've since switched to Adventure/Large. I'm curious what your pre-order date is that got you an April-May timeframe.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I sit in the May/June window group presently. So once the legacy configurator arises and we see our present config with old pricing, I will likely keep it with FE green interior for the time being. I do really want the green on green look. But if by middle of April it's clear that real customer deliveries remain exclusively BM interiors then I will formally switch it - which should not be controversial pricing-wise since it's the baseline no-charge pick.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I am also Red Canyon/Ocean Coast but have not ever received a delivery date because I used to have the max pack. I've since switched to Adventure/Large. I'm curious what your pre-order date is that got you an April-May timeframe.
January 2020.

I think living in Denver, where the service center is done, also seemed to bump me forward a little based on others with the same order

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
A Forest Edge interior with a Midnight black exterior would be a sharp combo. Anybody pick this configuration?

I thought about it, just can't do another black truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pcrampton

First Name
Perrine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Manager
How about exterior colors?

I'm seeing all of these R1Ts lined up at service centers and in the parking lot in Normal. I have Red Canyon/Ocean Coast. ? I have yet to see any Red Canyon R1Ts! On Cragins' list, there were only 4-5 LE Red Canyon R1Ts scheduled for delivery before July 2022. Hopefully the exterior color does not delay things.

I would totally switch back to Rivian Blue/Black Mountain if my current color choices would result in another 6+ month delay. I kept Red Canyon after Rivian gave me an estimated delivery window of "April - May" because I assumed that meant exterior/interior colors would not cause a delay.

When I first read your message, I thought you said R1Ts on CRAIGS LIST!! As in for sale!

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Good to hear that some FE orders are getting contacts. I still have not seen anyone with an OC interior order being contacted.

That leaves me to speculate. Maybe they are having issues with supply/cost of the OC (and why it went up $2k in price). Or maybe there were just some efficiencies of doing a large run of vehicles with BM interiors and a second run of OC is coming soon.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations