Sponsored

Interior color choice - Any non-BM deliveries confirmed?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Read in a few posts that most (all?) near-term or confirmed deliveries have Black Mtn interior choice in common. Anyone aware of a OC or FE interior vehicle - other than oddball demo or employee ride - presently in the March-April promised delivery period or a true pending delivery other than BM selected.

Curious minds want to know ..... :movember:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

?

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

If I remember correctly from the order estimate survey, OC seemed to add about two weeks, FE about a month to EDD. The new price premium for OC has me worried it will delay it as long as FE as well or longer. But that’s just my own anxiety speaking…

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Well, my L.E. R1T in launch green paint is configured with F.E. green interior choice and has been since day one mid-2020. I got a May-June window when that email came out a couple months ago. Not sure if the mid-year timing takes into account any issues Rivian's having with the green plastic-cow hide or now. If Rivian were to ask me, I'd accept BM with assurances of a delivery by May.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Changing interior color to get the car slightly sooner after waiting for years is.. probably not the call.
pre-covid, WW3 and supply-chain ships going down in flames, I would wholeheartedly agree. In the looniness of today's world, it's just as likely that all the green fake cows reside in Ukraine or China. I will gladly accept the lovely dark shade of BM interior for the knowledge of getting my R1T s00ner rather than l8r. Besides given Rivian's knack for poor comms, its not hard to imagine an email suddenly appearing to inform all Forest Edge interior selectors that their vehicles are being delayed 4-6 months due to supplier issues. Give me a L.G. truck with BM interior and I will be forever happy with it. And save $2k as a by-product.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Changing interior color to get the car slightly sooner after waiting for years is.. probably not the call.
When you have no car, every day feels like waiting another year. I'm willing to take BM over waiting longer.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
In the looniness of today's world, it's just as likely that all the green fake cows reside in Ukraine or China.
I heard they're a rare breed that graze the meadows of Chernobyl.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I generally agree, but I’m really on the fence about the FE/BM choice, so if I can save money and get my car earlier, I’ll strongly consider it!

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I’m gonna switch to black mountain anyways. I can’t imagine enjoying the other two a few years into the truck.

Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I did see a white interior over the weekend. It was in a manufactures test truck..

Edit: Let me just say, they may say its white.. It aint!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I did see a white interior over the weekend. It was in a manufactures test truck..

Edit: Let me just say, they may say its white.. It aint!
Rivian has never called it white. It's only people who equate light interiors in EVs to Tesla's white interior which is truly white.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

It really depends on how much each person values a specific interior color and how much they need a vehicle.

I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum from @LoneStar in that I’d wait an extra year to get Ocean Coast (or Forest Edge) since a black interior is a deal-killer for us.

We all do what’s right for us.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Just got off a CS chat with "Danny" who seemed unaware (or uniformed) of any delays or scheduling impacts based on interior color selection. Not saying that kills the concern. Only that CS chat didn't confirm it either.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
How about exterior colors?

I'm seeing all of these R1Ts lined up at service centers and in the parking lot in Normal. I have Red Canyon/Ocean Coast. ? I have yet to see any Red Canyon R1Ts! On Cragins' list, there were only 4-5 LE Red Canyon R1Ts scheduled for delivery before July 2022. Hopefully the exterior color does not delay things.

I would totally switch back to Rivian Blue/Black Mountain if my current color choices would result in another 6+ month delay. I kept Red Canyon after Rivian gave me an estimated delivery window of "April - May" because I assumed that meant exterior/interior colors would not cause a delay.
Sponsored