Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

The homepage of Rivian's website changed and it's indicating (depending on config) you could have an R1T in 2 weeks.

Does that mean new pre-orders get R1 Shop Access? Because in the fine print it says "14-day delivery available for some configurations through R1 Shop."

I'm wondering if based on your configuration if you get R1 Shop access, otherwise how could the fine print be honored of getting a vehicle in under 14 days from the shop?

What about all those that have older pre-orders still without R1 Shop access?

Rivian R1T R1S Instant R1 Shop access for new R1T orders -- 14 days or less delivery now available for some configurations Screenshot_20230512-160105

Rivian R1T R1S Instant R1 Shop access for new R1T orders -- 14 days or less delivery now available for some configurations Screenshot_20230512-160444
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

I was really surprised to see this! Heck I ordered from the shop and it’s been 5 weeks. It seems Rivian wants to increase their average MSRP (as RJ mentioned in a CBS interview). This will be a touchy move for existing pre-order holders.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was really surprised to see this! Heck I ordered from the shop and it’s been 5 weeks. It seems Rivian wants to increase their average MSRP (as RJ mentioned in a CBS interview). This will be a touchy move for existing pre-order holders.
I'm guessing with the dual motor and max pack having a lot more solid delivery dates that are pretty soon, they are having a lot fewer people willing to switch to a more expensive quad motor.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

red
I'm guessing with the dual motor and max pack having a lot more solid delivery dates that are pretty soon, they are having a lot fewer people willing to switch to a more expensive quad motor.
yeah, it does specifically say award winning quad motor R1T.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

They are just trying to clear inventory if you ask me. It sounds like they are just giving people shop access. It's a double win. They get to move the unit and they also get current MSRP vs old pricing.
More shop access is definitely a win! I've seen a lot of inventory that I'm sure others would have scooped up. But aren't there many existing orders that do not have access to shop yet?

If the goal is to get more vehicles out the door, I would think they'd just give all the existing reservations access to R1 Shop to reduce the floodgates of complaints that will come in from this.

This language on the homepage feels like a way to increase pre-orders by making people feel they could get their vehicle in 2 weeks.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Tried Lincoln city, coos bay and Crescent city without success, but it turns out that my truck was the culprit. It’s been in and out of the service center now, and I can’t wait to test out a RAN and see if works!

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Tried Lincoln city, coos bay and Crescent city without success, but it turns out that my truck was the culprit. It’s been in and out of the service center now, and I can’t wait to test out a RAN and see if works!
man am I good at making a fool of my self. Posted this on the wrong thread!

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
More shop access is definitely a win! I've seen a lot of inventory that I'm sure others would have scooped up. But aren't there many existing orders that do not have access to shop yet?

If the goal is to get more vehicles out the door, I would think they'd just give all the existing reservations access to R1 Shop to reduce the floodgates of complaints that will come in from this.

This language on the homepage feels like a way to increase pre-orders by making people feel they could get their vehicle in 2 weeks.
Location to service center is probably a big question mark.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

the faster they can match orphaned vehicles with customers the better. as long as its not at the expense of existing order holders who would otherwise be able to get one.

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I wonder how the resale market is going to be affected...

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I've been invited to confirm my order for about two months now or so (waiting on a Dual Morton config). Once you confirm, THEN it's my understanding you get access to the Shop. Of course, all that's in there now are Quad motor variants. If someone wants a Quad, then you can get one pretty quick....

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Anyone think maybe the are running low on R1T orders?

If so, they need to switch to a marketing campaign designed to get new buyers.
Sponsored