Sponsored

ICE'd - Not in a Rivian.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Or you could have just used the charger that was intended for that spot that you are (partially) parked in.

Or the spot that is open right next to you and also an EV charging spot.

Seriously, your picture makes you look like more of an idiot than the trailer. Yes, the trailer is blocking some chargers but there seem to be plenty of other chargers you could have used right there without ruining the grass.

Expecting the OP to have a Tesla adapter seems strange.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Should he have left the EV spots open, yes. But how many other places could have the trailer parked? Its not like they often have designated parking for a trailer, especially that long.

OP
OP
R1Tims

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
You do know that ā€œICEā€ stand for internal combustion engine donā€™t you? So saying ā€œvoila, no more ICEā€ literally means ā€voila, no more internal combustion engineā€ which makes absolutely no sense and is wrong because those vehicles are clearly still there and in the way.
What is the type of truck that is pulling the trailer. an ICE vehicle not EV. Yes
You did the right thing, kudos. What gets me about the photo is the charging cable to the 2 Tesla destination chargers are just laying on the grass. Another thing that can give us all a bad name, getting a free charge, but too lazy to put the charger back into the holder and the cables wrapped around it.
I did wind up the Tesla cables after this. I had just moved my truck out of the spot when the driver of the trailer came out in the morning. I called him out on this parking and blocking the EV chargers. He smiled and flipped me off.

OP
OP
R1Tims

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
Or you could have just used the charger that was intended for that spot that you are (partially) parked in.

Or the spot that is open right next to you and also an EV charging spot.

Seriously, your picture makes you look like more of an idiot than the trailer. Yes, the trailer is blocking some chargers but there seem to be plenty of other chargers you could have used right there without ruining the grass.
Spot I am in is Tesla, not working. next to me also Tesla, FYI cable from other side was not long enough to reach. Next time you are in need of a charge and find out you can not get to the charger. please post so. I'd like to know what your solution might be.

OP
OP
R1Tims

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
Should he have left the EV spots open, yes. But how many other places could have the trailer parked? Its not like they often have designated parking for a trailer, especially that long.
2 hotels back to back, with designated parking for trailers. Saw driver in the morning and thanked him for blocking the chargers. Smiled and flipped me off. Needed a place to park or didn't care you decide.

Sponsored

Airbuswillie

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Model 3, ā€˜99 Suburban, ā€˜24 GMC1500 AT4
Occupation
Airline pilot
I think you're taking his comments a little too literally.
Well how am I supposed to assume what he means? The way he wrote it sounds ridiculous. I call ā€˜em like I see ā€˜em.

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

OP is no better then the truck/trailer driver. I see extra slack in the cord youā€™re using so you probably didnā€™t need to drive on the grass.
No one has respect for anyoneā€™s property. OP driving on the grass and no one can muster up the energy to put the cables back properly on the other chargers.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
You do know that ā€œICEā€ stand for internal combustion engine donā€™t you? So saying ā€œvoila, no more ICEā€ literally means ā€voila, no more internal combustion engineā€ which makes absolutely no sense and is wrong because those vehicles are clearly still there and in the way.
It doesn't much of a stretch of mind the OP meant ICE'd....

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Don't care. Doesn't mean anything goes.

Airbuswillie

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Model 3, ā€˜99 Suburban, ā€˜24 GMC1500 AT4
Occupation
Airline pilot
It doesn't much of a stretch of mind the OP meant ICE'd....
Oh I know what he meant but the fact that people keep saying ICEā€™d to mean someone in a combustion engine car blocked them at a charger is just dumb. I call it out every time because it needs to stop. It makes those people sound ridiculous.

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Expecting the OP to have a Tesla adapter seems strange.
Really? It does not seem strange to me. When I travel I always bring a bag full of plugs and adapters so I can increase the chances of being able to charge. What if there had been a car charging in the spot they wanted? An adapter that permitted them to charge in one of the 4 other spots would have been quite useful.

As far as we know the trailer owner parked there so that he could charge the Lyriq he was towing. Either way, someone parked in the spot you want is not justification to misbehave yourself. 2-wrongs do not make a right. Especially when the 2nd wrong is punishing the wrong party. Punishing the hotel owner by driving in their grass is not how you thank them for installing a bunch of chargers. If I owned a hotel and people were acting like this, I would remove the chargers.

If you really feel the need to act out, double park and drape the cord over the offending vehicle. You get to charge, and the only person inconvenienced is the person that you perceive as inconveniencing you.

Last edited:

obababoy

First Name
Chilbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 LR Discovery, 2011 WRX/STI, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

This is clearly over your head. Originally ICING was what some people did to make people chug a smirnoff ice. You would hide them in a house and whoever found it had to take a knee and drink the whole thing.
Moving to EV's the term is when an ICE vehicle parks in an EV charging spot.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is clearly over your head. Originally ICING was what some people did to make people chug a smirnoff ice. You would hide them in a house and whoever found it had to take a knee and drink the whole thing.
Moving to EV's the term is when an ICE vehicle parks in an EV charging spot.
That brings back some rough memories.

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder