First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Including parking on the grass like the OP did?
That ground was dry as it gets. I guarantee it did no damage. Do i think it is a good idea...no...would I do it if it was that or book another night at the hotel hoping eventually I will get access to the chargers, absolutely.
Sponsored

Airbuswillie

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Model 3, ā€˜99 Suburban, ā€˜24 GMC1500 AT4
Occupation
Airline pilot
This is clearly over your head. Originally ICING was what some people did to make people chug a smirnoff ice. You would hide them in a house and whoever found it had to take a knee and drink the whole thing.
Moving to EV's the term is when an ICE vehicle parks in an EV charging spot.
Dude, I know what the it means. Maybe youā€™re not getting what Iā€™m saying. I donā€™t care anymore anyway. ICEing is a stupid saying because acronyms are a thing and when you donā€™t use them the right way then it makes them and the people that try to use them sound dumb. Block the spot, donā€™t block the spot with your gas car I donā€™t give a fuck.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I'm gonna avoid weighing in on the Controversy here, but I gotta give you some grief for going into Off-Road Highest to climb a curb you could have cleared in a Miata, lol

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

Dude, I know what the it means. Maybe youā€™re not getting what Iā€™m saying. I donā€™t care anymore anyway. ICEing is a stupid saying because acronyms are a thing and when you donā€™t use them the right way then it makes them and the people that try to use them sound dumb. Block the spot, donā€™t block the spot with your gas car I donā€™t give a fuck.
Please post what airlines you work for, I want to make sure I never have you as a pilot. Jeez, what an attitude.

Airbuswillie

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Model 3, ā€˜99 Suburban, ā€˜24 GMC1500 AT4
Occupation
Airline pilot
Please post what airlines you work for, I want to make sure I never have you as a pilot. Jeez, what an attitude.
I donā€™t fly people so youā€™ll be fine.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Including parking on the grass like the OP did?
grass is so 20th century. The hotel should replant the area with native perennials.

Reactions: VSG

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I don't know why this means so much to you but it must be nice to have so little worries in your life that this is such a central issue.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Should he have left the EV spots open, yes. But how many other places could have the trailer parked? Its not like they often have designated parking for a trailer, especially that long.
Thatā€™s the driver of the trailerā€™s problem because he is the one with that trailer. Also the parking on the grass that the OP did wasnā€™t hurting anyone else like blocking the EV chargers does. Even if worse case the grass was harmed a bit it will grow back. What really needs to happen is the police need to be called to cite the illegally parked cars for blocking charging stations. Some states have updated their traffic laws to designate charging stalls as EVs actively charging only. I see them painted as such in TN and Iā€™d venture you would be cited for violating that.

OP
OP
R1Tims

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
I'm gonna avoid weighing in on the Controversy here, but I gotta give you some grief for going into Off-Road Highest to climb a curb you could have cleared in a Miata, lol
The Picture is little misleading. The incline from the parking surface makes it look like its way up there. But I hear ya. Just wanted to be sure not to bottom out and wanted to make a statement on the Rivian. FYI the driver door is right at the transition point so It was a big drop when I got out. lol.

CJC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volt
Technically that is a Lyric on the trailer.

But I am with you....

I would have done the exact same!
It would have given the driver a pass if they had plugged in the Lyric, for the comedic value.
Sponsored