First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Just watched one of the interactive sessions and had a few questions answered. Very impressive presentation. Questions were answered within about a minute or two. Iasked about rear seats folding flat (they do) and plug and charge partnerships (yes with electrify america including 2 years of free charging!).
Looks like they are hosting several of these each day for a while I highly recommend.
Hopefully Rivian is taking some notes here.
Yeah, they are doing a great job. Tried to reserve an Kia EV6 and their site is down so demand must be high
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I have seen 0 indication otherwise proving this information wrong.
Sense you are predicting things that will happen in the future, it will be difficult to prove you wrong until we reach that future.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
How about the Toyota BZ4X since the Ioniq may take longer than expected...

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 SmartSelect_20210604-072746_YouTube

Last edited:

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Was anyone in US able to get a EV6 reserved yesterday. Really never was able to complete the online forms. Nows it says reservations closed but may reopen next week

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Was anyone in US able to get a EV6 reserved yesterday. Really never was able to complete the online forms. Nows it says reservations closed but may reopen next week
I think I was able to. The reason I say I think is I got a reservation number and it showed my information in my dealer, but it never charged by card. They had a lot of glitches yesterday and I just talk to Kia Concierge and the rep didn’t know any better than me. He thinks that once they reopen June 8 that I should know for sure. I can’t even log in to see my reservation anymore, but I took a picture of mine though right when I got it. It was a mess lol

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Kanundrum,

You are masterful at providing great new videos! Now I have one more car on my list of "Test-drives I must do". Hyundai continues to advance their technology and designs at a rapid pace. They once seemed to be viewed as the new Yugo at the bottom of the Desirable Car List. No longer!

I have no idea what the price point will be for this vehicle, but it's these mainstream automakers that will help drive the cost down to where EVs are affordable for the entire car-buying public.

Thanks again!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Kanundrum,

You are masterful at providing great new videos! Now I have one more car on my list of "Test-drives I must do". Hyundai continues to advance their technology and designs at a rapid pace. They once seemed to be viewed as the new Yugo at the bottom of the Desirable Car List. No longer!

I have no idea what the price point will be for this vehicle, but it's these mainstream automakers that will help drive the cost down to where EVs are affordable for the entire car-buying public.

Thanks again!
Sounds like it'll be priced in the ID.4/mach e price range.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Kanundrum,

Thanks again!

Always and thank you!!

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Sounds like it'll be priced in the ID.4/mach e price range.
That will make it a big hit. For a road car, I'd sure take it seriously. And I'd agree with those two badges as its main competition.

This is getting fun! I'd love to see how the R&D budgets for the big OEMs is shifting from their ICE to EV lines. I seem to remember Mercedes Benz commenting a few years ago that they may have developed their last internal combustion engine. I doubt I could find the printed or video version of those comments, but those kind of changes are coming.

If I were Quaker State, I'd be quaking..... ?

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Doing another live video on Hyundai.com you can ask questions again

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Doing another live video on Hyundai.com you can ask questions again

I chimed in again to see if they have pricing/launch date. Still fall with no pricing so I am assuming this will be delayed a little as well.
Sponsored