Sponsored

Guide call & PBA signed for R1S... mid-may delivery

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
My theory is that they're actually going to do a small number of R1S's per delivery location so that they can deliver a handful of cars across the country on the same day. I didn't really pay attention to the truck deliveries when they started... is that how it went?
Sponsored

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
My theory is that they're actually going to do a small number of R1S's per delivery location so that they can deliver a handful of cars across the country on the same day. I didn't really pay attention to the truck deliveries when they started... is that how it went?
I recall a lot of the early trucks went to Washington, Oregon, California, Michigan.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
The first R1Ts in the wild were the trickle of employees and only the factory and a couple SC were open for deliveries, so no. Mostly Normal, Seattle and CA saw early trucks…

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Regarding PBA, did you guys have to agree with Rivian collecting whatever data they wished and with them sharing it with whomever they want? And are they obligated to tell the owner what they collect? and when they collect? My understanding is that U.S. does not have as much consumer protection laws like Europe does when it comes to information (and other things). I wonder once your driving habits and location info is out there, you have lost control over it and it can go to the highest bidder at some point in future.

Did those of you that got Insurance from Rivian had to agree to share more?

Anything else you had to agree to that you were uncomfortable with but ignored because you were too excited about your R1S?

Sponsored

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Just drove through the Plymouth lot this morning. No customer R1S’s sitting there waiting for delivery. Probably close to 30 R1T’s and 10ish EDV’s for Amazon.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Remember that when the R1T started shipping, there were plenty of Eagle Eyed spotters posting pictures of R1Ts on car haulers. I think we have seen zero reports of R1S on car haulers, so there's a pretty strong indicator that they are not yet leaving the factory.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Remember that when the R1T started shipping, there were plenty of Eagle Eyed spotters posting pictures of R1Ts on car haulers. I think we have seen zero reports of R1S on car haulers, so there's a pretty strong indicator that they are not yet leaving the factory.
Not saying that you’re wrong, but people’s posting habits change as the novelty of this wears off. I haven’t seen posting cars haulers with Rivian’s for a couple weeks now at least, and they’re obviously still shipping them.

Who knows. Maybe with the media outreach lately, we can expect them to do some customer education on the R1S finally. Oh and the delivery tracker on the website that promised for “early” 2022.

Last edited:

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
PBA signed, DFW(Prosper). White OC 22s Underbody shield , few accessories 2018Nov28 Order.
White OC 22s? Go baby, Go!

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
We haven’t really seen

Not saying that you’re wrong, but people’s posting habits change as the novelty of this wears off. I haven’t seen posting cars haulers with Rivian’s for a couple weeks now at least, and they’re obviously still shipping them.

Who knows. Maybe with the media outreach lately, we can expect them to do some customer education on the R1S finally. Oh and the delivery tracker on the website that promised for “early” 2022.
Zoidz is spot on. It's not just the lack of photos of R1S on car haulers, it's the fact that NONE have shown up at the regional centers.

In my mind, it all adds up to a controlled media launch.

Sponsored

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Zoidz is spot on. It's not just the lack of photos of R1S on car haulers, it's the fact that NONE have shown up at the regional centers.

In my mind, it all adds up to a controlled media launch.
I agree, and I’m hopeful that is the case. Crossing my fingers that there are 30+ R1S’s staged behind the building or inside! 😎

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Does everyone else’s R1S button in the portal look like this? I’m wondering if the “01” represents the Launch Edition?
Rivian R1T R1S Guide call & PBA signed for R1S... mid-may delivery 1E238269-1FF3-4D1F-ACE7-5DC1F9DBDCBC

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
Hey all - I love this forum - been reading and not writing yet. Had my guide call last week and signed PBA. Said early to mid May for my R1S as well here in NC. Similar info as the initial post - I have also asked if I could tour and test drive if I flew up to Normal - not holding breath but would be worth it. Fingers crossed for the gates to open for all of us soon …. LE/LG/BM/dark 20s

ejf128

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, GV70
Does everyone else’s R1S button in the portal look like this? I’m wondering if the “01” represents the Launch Edition?
1E238269-1FF3-4D1F-ACE7-5DC1F9DBDCBC.jpeg
That just means your number one rivian reserved. For those with multiple reservations they see 02, 03, etc.
Sponsored