Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Audi Q7
Occupation
Head Honcho
Had my Guide call this morning.
Few key points

-the reason I got the Email was based on my configuration, (R1T, Midnight on Ocean with 22s) my order date, and location to service center.
Austin Texas
Nov 27th 2018
Order #835

- Austin SC is in the works, did not have address to provide yet. But said they don’t schedule these guide calls without having a location under construction.

- I seem to be the first in Texas to get a call scheduled, and possibly delivered, did not have info on how many more to come.

- delivery booked for end of December.

- demo program to be released in few months, with service center completed, and multiple colors on hand. Will be prioritized based on launch holders, order date, and Guide contact. He said it will be very personalized, either they will bring one to me for the weekend or, invite my family to service center to pickup and drive.

- 22’s are most efficient for range and acceleration (0-60, 3 seconds) no official times yet, or range miles.
Will be all season tires and definitely can take off road, no rock climbing

- he said the off road package is an extended bottom protection against harsh conditions, rock climbing Ect, he said I don’t need it for trails and little mud action, as long as I don’t plan on extreme rock climbing.

- I mentioned the EV event coming here in Austin in November at COTA. He said it’s right up Rivian alley, and most likely be there with both models.

- He also said he’s seen the midnight on ocean with 22 rolling around the plant, they are pumping out final production vehicles and shipping them to markets within a month, a lot more test vehicles will be out across the nation.

- he’s will also send me some swag soon, and more behind the scenes updates and pictures as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Thanks for the update! Was December the earliest you could book?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Might wanna check the year on your order date ?

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Thoughts:
1) Hooray for a new Market opening up!
2) Was this the first official confirmation of the long suspected need to be close to a service center?
3) If the end of December is the earliest you could get, that bodes poorly for small market LE folks far from potential service centers. As a Max pack res holder I'm going to continue to readjust my expectations. Given the time gap between when people are getting Guide contacts now and projected deliveries, I'm going to guess May-June of next year for guide contact, and December 2022 for delivery.
4) The LE res holders contacted in November should also adjust expectations. Possibly not getting there trucks until June 2022.
5) At least for the first few months I suspect VERY few deliveries. Less than a thousand through the end of the year given the pace of contacts.
6) How many LE holders are there? I wonder if there are far fewer than people think. A few thousand? That will allow Rivian a slower ramp up and still hit their most recent delivery guidance.
7) If the process for actually seeing a vehicle is this personalized and dependent on place in the queue, it may be a long time before those of us farther down the line get to see one.
8) I need to start looking for a forum friend from the Atlanta Area STAT. A meetup is my best hope of sitting in a R1T in the next year.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
- 22’s are most efficient for range and acceleration (0-60, 3 seconds) no official times yet, or range miles.
That's interesting. They've maintained all along (at least up to this point) that the 21's will have the best range, while the 22's will be for better on-road handling.

Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Will be all season tires and definitely can take off road, no rock climbing
More efficient than 21”?? Or just more efficient vs. 20”? Best acceleration makes sense since it’s a sportier tire.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well, I have a Launch Edition...but late reservation (last summer) Here's hoping there's only 250 of them being produced, or its looking like next summer before I'd get it. :confused:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Thoughts:

8) I need to start looking for a forum friend from the Atlanta Area STAT. A meetup is my best hope of sitting in a R1T in the next year.
Since I only placed my reservation last week, I'm probably ok, but let me know if you find someone in ATL area who is going to have an R1S before there's a showroom and readily available test drives! :) I'd ideally like to see both an R1T and an R1S at the same time to make sure I'm right that the R1S will work better for my needs. I'll bet there will be a showroom in ATL well before I have to decide though.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
No delivery until the end of December for a November 2018 preorder?

That’s brutal. It really feels like Rivian will make only 200-300 trucks in 2021.

I hope they can finish LE orders by January 2023.

Edit:

Didn’t mean to suggest it was brutal for you. I bet it’s exciting to get you guide contact and delivery date. Congrats!

Last edited:

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

When it happens, I'll be looking for opportunities to drive my LE R1T around ATL and show it off. One thing though, I'm not gonna let anyone else drive it. lol.

Sponsored

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
That's interesting. They've maintained all along (at least up to this point) that the 21's will have the best range, while the 22's will be for better on-road handling.
I'm thrilled by this. I got the 22s because of the look. Good to know the range AND speed are at the top end.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
More efficient than 21”?? Or just more efficient vs. 20”? Best acceleration makes sense since it’s a sportier tire.
Just to put an end to the debate. This is clearly posted on Rivian's support page, and makes the most logical sense.

• 20” All-Terrain wheels come with all-terrain tires for enhanced off-road capability
  • 21” Road wheels come with all-season tires for the best range and improved handling in different weather conditions.
  • 22” Sport wheels come with all-season performance tires for the best on-road handling.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Contradictions in one part of a report dilute my confidence in the rest of the details. The wheel size range is contrary to what Rivian has officially stated all along, and makes no logical sense. Bigger wheels with stickier rubber yield more range? I guess anything is possible, but I find it highly unlikely.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Contradictions in one part of a report dilute my confidence in the rest of the details. The wheel size range is contrary to what Rivian has officially stated all along, and makes no logical sense. Bigger wheels with stickier rubber yield more range? I guess anything is possible, but I find it highly unlikely.
As a reference point, I recently bought a Mach E, and went with the longest range version, California Route 1. It is a RWD with 18 inch wheels and has EPA rating of 305 miles. The Premium RWD with 19 inch wheels has an EPA range of 300 miles. That is pretty insignificant for a 300 mile range vehicle.

I will say this, Ford has over delivered, this morning I charged to 100% for a trip to the Grand Canyon and my guess-o-meter is indicating 369 miles of range. :)

OP
OP
hrp783

hrp783

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Audi Q7
Occupation
Head Honcho
I went with the Model Y, I couldn’t hold out any longer and Sold my Infiniti G35, 4/20…Wasnt the original delivery date for the R1 Summer 2020???

One thing I really love about Tesla is the super charger network, and the 0-60 speed ?
I mostly drive around town, charge at night.

I live in an area with many charging options, especially my normal out of town trips, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Lake Charles…
plugshare is a great app, check it out

For most new EV owners, range anxiety is crazy, but just change the display from miles to battery % and it’s really not an issue.
Sponsored