Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Link to order: https://s00nish.com/premium-rivian-phone-charger/
Link to install:

Installed:

5F1C375D-266E-4372-AA13-AF0AF46B63B6__09612.jpeg

Hi everybody!

I wanted to show off our latest charging plate design. This is still being developed but I want people to be aware of what's coming down the pipeline.

Basically our Premium Plate will be replacing both the rubberpad, OEM charger, and OEM charger holder. This gives us the opportunity to create a MUCH larger bowl (pocket) for your granola needs. This charging plate will also connect to the OEM charger location, so you can leave the two USB ports in the center console open. It's truly everyone's wish list in a single product.

The base itself and pocket will be 3D Printed, where the top plate will be made of aluminum walnut wood and stained black.

Let us know what you think!

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.15.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 2.00.25 PM.png
I love this. I've been looking for something like it. Will the JSAUX mag-safe chargers fit?
Sponsored

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
You mentioned no longer needed USB-C to A adapters if using the Apple Magsafe chargers. Did you change something with the charger adapter? Still seeing USB-A on your site.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
You mentioned no longer needed USB-C to A adapters if using the Apple Magsafe chargers. Did you change something with the charger adapter? Still seeing USB-A on your site.
Yes. It's been the case since the beginning. One was for the jsaux and the other for magsafe apple ones. We have also consolidated our charger adapters. We will have new pictures and a new install video this weekend or early next week.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
How do I lift up the pucks? They're under the wood and I can't access them?

Because I am trying to avoid issues. My experience with Rivian service has been categorically terrible, so I do not want to give them ANY opportunity to use a mod as an excuse.
Unless you're complaining about the charging pad, they don't really have room to say your after market charging pad is causing problems.

For what its worth mine was just at a SC with it installed and they didn't say anything about it.

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Dash cam needs the USB C on the driver side center console. If you are using any of the plates that are not our Premium plate, that removes one of the USBs used for charging.

Stay tuned we will be offering a wired version shortly.
Sorry, a "wired version" of what exactly? Does this have to do with your charger (I have one, it's awesome) or something for the dash cam?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Sorry, a "wired version" of what exactly? Does this have to do with your charger (I have one, it's awesome) or something for the dash cam?
Both. There are people who don't like doing wireless charging. For those people we have created a wired charger that won't take up the center console USB so you can charge two devices AND use the new dash cam.

Plus it's pd 3.0 so it charges faster.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Yes. It's been the case since the beginning. One was for the jsaux and the other for magsafe apple ones. We have also consolidated our charger adapters. We will have new pictures and a new install video this weekend or early next week.
Ok cool I've placed my order (#799) and will be using my Apple Magsafe chargers.

I also received my ditch light brackets today. Now shopping for lights and a wiring setup. đź‘Ť

Thanks!

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Which fuse (and size) supplies the mag chargers?
I am planning to buy your magsafe mod, but while I have that opened up, I'd like to tap into the wiring to add a 60W PD USB-C inside the console for running my laptop, if there's enough current available. That'd be a better connection point than installing USB-C PD charger in the 12V adapter under the dash.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Installed!

Pretty clean installation using Apple MagSafe pucks - plenty of room.

Surprised at how OEM this looks! Both pucks charged my phone easily.

Happy to have both USB-C ports available for the upcoming DriveCam!

Really nice job on this product. Sounds like it was a ton of work. Your passion and smarts have paid off! The Rivian community needed this badly after the pathetic OEM charging pad attempt.

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate IMG_1821
Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate IMG_1824
Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate IMG_1825

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Installed!

Pretty clean installation using Apple MagSafe pucks - plenty of room.

Surprised at how OEM this looks! Both pucks charged my phone easily.

Happy to have both USB-C ports available for the upcoming DriveCam!

Really nice job on this product. Sounds like it was a ton of work. Your passion and smarts have paid off! The Rivian community needed this badly after the pathetic OEM charging pad attempt.

IMG_1821.jpeg
IMG_1824.jpeg
IMG_1825.jpeg
Thank you so much for the kind words.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Not sure how I missed this. The fuse slot is F48 and I'm not exactly sure it's size.

But I worry about supplying both our charger and a 60 watt charger.

As F48 also covers the RH USB ports as well.

Which fuse (and size) supplies the mag chargers?
I am planning to buy your magsafe mod, but while I have that opened up, I'd like to tap into the wiring to add a 60W PD USB-C inside the console for running my laptop, if there's enough current available. That'd be a better connection point than installing USB-C PD charger in the 12V adapter under the dash.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Thank you so much for the kind words.
This is definitely the best charging option available IMO but I have some concern about the longevity of the top plate. Mine has shown signs of top plate indenting from the pucks underneath with the iPhones putting pressure on top, and also a slight crack line in the middle of the plate as a result. The cause for this is the pucks although fully seated on their seats are not totally flat horizontally on the top plane. I have taken the top plate off to try to adjust the placement of the pucks but I could still feel the bump from the driver's side puck on the top plate after reinstall. It's only a slight bump and cannot be captured on picture.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
This is definitely the best charging option available IMO but I have some concern about the longevity of the top plate. Mine has shown signs of top plate indenting from the pucks underneath with the iPhones putting pressure on top, and also a slight crack line in the middle of the plate as a result. The cause for this is the pucks although fully seated on their seats are not totally flat horizontally on the top plane. I have taken the top plate off to try to adjust the placement of the pucks but I could still feel the bump from the driver's side puck on the top plate after reinstall. It's only a slight bump and cannot be captured on picture.
There should be a slight bump. Again this is for the pucks to be the highest point. However to see if the plate is seated correctly check the plate with the granola bowl. It should be perfectly flush. If not send me a DM. As for longevity: I've been running some version of this since January with no issues. However once the plate is aligned properly I do not recommend removing it repeatedly. The 3M tape on the plate helps keep the pucks properly aligned. It's good for 1-2 removals and after that it really loses its stickiness.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
There should be a slight bump. Again this is for the pucks to be the highest point. However to see if the plate is seated correctly check the plate with the granola bowl. It should be perfectly flush. If not send me a DM. As for longevity: I've been running some version of this since January with no issues. However once the plate is aligned properly I do not recommend removing it repeatedly. The 3M tape on the plate helps keep the pucks properly aligned. It's good for 1-2 removals and after that it really loses its stickiness.
The bump is only on the driver side puck, and only on one side of the puck. It feels like the base might not be as level as it needs to be. I'm leaving it as is for now.
Sponsored