Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I’ve gone ahead and made sure the plate is aligned correctly and even tried another case with an ever stronger magnet on it but no luck. Is there anyway I could get a replacement top plate in order to check if that’s the issue?
Send us an email at [email protected] with your order number.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I have some scrap bamboo for you. Hit me up via DM and I'll be happy to give it to you. @Belem

Haulin Oats

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Adventure
Are these available for immediate shipping? Looking the the black ash option

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher

donguanella

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S + X Refresh
P.S: whatever the material that was used to package the charger got stuck to the underside of the wood plate where the adhesive is and ruined the adhesive so it doesn’t really stick the puck on one side.
Thia also happened to me and it wasn’t salvgable. It was on an extra top plate for staining so not a big deal but flagging for future packaging / orders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Thia also happened to me and it wasn’t salvgable. It was on an extra top plate for staining so not a big deal but flagging for future packaging / orders.
We have a fix in place for this. Thanks for those that dealt with our incompetence. I swear we only play idiots on TV.

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Got mine installed today. Took about 10 min and works really well. The pucks seem to hold well and the phone indexes properly. It was a really simple installation. I would recommend this over the stock plate as it both improves the look IMO and for sure the functionality. For the price it was a really great value as well. Quality components and using the stock connector this is the best charging solution I've seen offered for the stock + look I've seen yet.

gutsack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2020 Tesla Model Y
Received mine today and got it installed, works really well and looks nice!

Will note that the way the top cover piece was packaged caused it to be scratched it a bit in my box... there was packing material between the box and the top plate, but none between the top plate and the main plastic block + adapter, so I think the adapter rubbed around in transit against the top plate. Would just recommend you add another piece of the padding material between them in future orders if it fits in the box.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Got mine installed today. Took about 10 min and works really well. The pucks seem to hold well and the phone indexes properly. It was a really simple installation. I would recommend this over the stock plate as it both improves the look IMO and for sure the functionality. For the price it was a really great value as well. Quality components and using the stock connector this is the best charging solution I've seen offered for the stock + look I've seen yet.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
What is the trick for removing this? I tried sliding the wood veneer but it doesn't want to budge. Pulling up seems like it'll break.

I need to swap back to the factory pad for a service visit.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Nobody?

Can it be non-destructively removed?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Nobody?

Can it be non-destructively removed?
Sorry been on vacation. If you lift up the pucks should come up with it and then you should be able to slide left and right. I’ve done it several times.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Sorry been on vacation. If you lift up the pucks should come up with it and then you should be able to slide left and right. I’ve done it several times.
What is the trick for removing this? I tried sliding the wood veneer but it doesn't want to budge. Pulling up seems like it'll break.

I need to swap back to the factory pad for a service visit.
But why remove it for a SC visit?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
How do I lift up the pucks? They're under the wood and I can't access them?

But why remove it for a SC visit?
Because I am trying to avoid issues. My experience with Rivian service has been categorically terrible, so I do not want to give them ANY opportunity to use a mod as an excuse.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
How do I lift up the pucks? They're under the wood and I can't access them?

Because I am trying to avoid issues. My experience with Rivian service has been categorically terrible, so I do not want to give them ANY opportunity to use a mod as an excuse.
I removed it once by using a short butter knife to slide under the top plate to separate the plate from the pucks.
Sponsored