Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Link to order: https://s00nish.com/premium-rivian-phone-charger/
Link to install:

Installed:

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate 5F1C375D-266E-4372-AA13-AF0AF46B63B6__09612

Hi everybody!

I wanted to show off our latest charging plate design. This is still being developed but I want people to be aware of what's coming down the pipeline.

Basically our Premium Plate will be replacing both the rubberpad, OEM charger, and OEM charger holder. This gives us the opportunity to create a MUCH larger bowl (pocket) for your granola needs. This charging plate will also connect to the OEM charger location, so you can leave the two USB ports in the center console open. It's truly everyone's wish list in a single product.

The base itself and pocket will be 3D Printed, where the top plate will be made of aluminum walnut wood and stained black.

Let us know what you think!

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.15.50 AM

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 2.00.25 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Love it! I'd personally prefer a textured plastic or rubber similar to what's already in the console on top. Any ideas on timeline or pricing?

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Looks great, love the integrated idea.

Not sold on the idea of an aluminum top plate, though. Seems like it could create a rattle point when phones are sitting on it, it could get pretty hot in sunlight, and could scratch the phones of those among us who (correctly ;)) do not keep our phones in a case. I would prefer a soft touch rubber surface.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Agreed that aluminum may not be the right move... A nice rubber mat would be preferable.

I definitely want something "stealth" that doesn't look/feel 3d-printed and is basically "factory".

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Love it! I'd personally prefer a textured plastic or rubber similar to what's already in the console on top. Any ideas on timeline or pricing?
Looks great, love the integrated idea.

Not sold on the idea of an aluminum top plate, though. Seems like it could create a rattle point when phones are sitting on it, it could get pretty hot in sunlight, and could scratch the phones of those among us who (correctly ;)) do not keep our phones in a case. I would prefer a soft touch rubber surface.
It would be easy for us to create a plastic plate vs the aluminum plate, rubber (my personal preference btw) is currently out of our abilities to manufacture. I will be testing the final design these next few days (currently printing the next iteration now). As for rattle etc. The pieces are wedged in for a pressure fit, and so far they have not made noise for me.

Release date as per the usual is s00n. I'd say if the design is finalized this weekend (85% possibility) I can get it in peoples hands within a month, worst case.

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
I love it. I think the aluminum will look great. Higher end than 3D printed plastic. Put me on the preorder list.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I prefer to be as close to OEM look/feel as possible while adding the functionality of 2 MagSafe chargers.
Trying to do that to the best of my ability. This will be flush with the wood, and won't look like an insert like our Classic Premium plate. I feel this is as close to OEM I have gotten. Here's a look at an early iteration (THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DESIGN).

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate image_6487327.JPG

Sponsored

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Awesome job my friends, can't wait!

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
Very nice. Gotta find pucks to work without that silver (white) ring though!

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Very nice. Gotta find pucks to work without that silver (white) ring though!
Yup we will have some s00n, but I still prefer the magsafe ones due to the faster charging.

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Agreed that aluminum may not be the right move... A nice rubber mat would be preferable.

I definitely want something "stealth" that doesn't look/feel 3d-printed and is basically "factory".

Sorry for the additional quote, but you got me thinking. I could make the top plate out of TPU which is fairly rubbery.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Big thumbs up for this design. I vote to ensure this design uses Apple OEM MagSafe pucks, and nothing generic.

Regarding the top plate materials/finishes, ideally, best options would be something with a “grippy” finish. While you can’t make anything using rubber, is there a rubber-like coating that could be applied to the aluminum material?
Sponsored