Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

It is very tough to watch 13 awesome vehicles in the shop that I am allowed to choose from but none of them are what I wanted. They are close! I would do the Rivian Blue with the dark 22s or the 21s but I am just not digging Forest Edge interior with Blue exterior. I want the Black Mountain interior. My daughter and I will head over to the San Diego SC next week to see if we can see one in person to see if it would change my mind. My guide says the new fulfillment window for original orders will be emailed soon. I am a preferred Max Pack order holder.
Sponsored

1stEVRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Honda Civic
Still sitting on 0 available trucks in the DFW shop. Also no movement on my R1T Adv preorder from 7/2019. It must be something to do with the service center in DFW being still temporary with the final site almost complete. I mentioned this to my guide and he said that he had no insight into the service center timeline, but he would let his superiors know that there are no trucks in the DFW shop. I doubt that will do anything.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

out of curiosity i went to autotrader and there are currently 126 R1Ts for sale across the US. very high prices listed for the vehicles there but if someone doesn't want to keep waiting, there's your "Shop" access.

there are also two R1Ts listed on cars and bids, very reasonable price at the moment, but its a bidding system so remains to be seen. the prices for recent R1Ts sold is much lower than anything being asked on autotrader. in fact recent ones are listed, and being sold, for under $100k. so for those looking to make a hefty net profit, those days are quickly dwindling.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Yea I think it's another sign they aren't producing the cars early preorders want :confused:
Random question for @Atlrivian -
Are you solely/primarily going to use your vehicle for off-road purposes? I’ve read you writing about the trails near where you live. Are you launch locked-in and get the 20s for free? Thanks for posting all the inventories daily!

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Random question for @Atlrivian -
Are you solely/primarily going to use your vehicle for off-road purposes? I’ve read you writing about the trails near where you live. Are you launch locked-in and get the 20s for free? Thanks for posting all the inventories daily!
I am ashamed to admit it will be both my daily driver and my offroad vehicle. Unfortunately, probably 90% of my miles will be on pavement. But the way I look at it, I'd rather have the ability to do everything I want in one car rather than having to own several cars.

Because I was initially a Max pack I am NOT a launch. So I'll sadly be paying for the 20s.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

22s becoming more popular in the Shop. Still almost all FE interior.

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks Screenshot_20220728-195850_Chrome

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

out of curiosity i went to autotrader and there are currently 126 R1Ts for sale across the US. very high prices listed for the vehicles there but if someone doesn't want to keep waiting, there's your "Shop" access.

there are also two R1Ts listed on cars and bids, very reasonable price at the moment, but its a bidding system so remains to be seen. the prices for recent R1Ts sold is much lower than anything being asked on autotrader. in fact recent ones are listed, and being sold, for under $100k. so for those looking to make a hefty net profit, those days are quickly dwindling.
Plus the $4500 buyers fee and shipping which can run $2500-3000 if you are on the opposite end of the country.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I am ashamed to admit it will be both my daily driver and my offroad vehicle. Unfortunately, probably 90% of my miles will be on pavement. But the way I look at it, I'd rather have the ability to do everything I want in one car rather than having to own several cars.

Because I was initially a Max pack I am NOT a launch. So I'll sadly be paying for the 20s.
Me too for daily driver! But why not take the 21s or 22s with the underbody and buy a set 20s for those “special” days with the $3,500 savings? Obviously swapping suuucks, but your daily mileage increase might offset that for the hassle? I know you don’t like FE, but no BM for ya either?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

You make it sound so easy.
Rims with the calipers? I’ve seen a few that would fit and work, tires definitely are out there. What other concerns? I’m open to being enlightened before I make a serious mistake lol.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Me too for daily driver! But why not take the 21s or 22s with the underbody and buy a set 20s for those “special” days with the $3,500 savings? Obviously swapping suuucks, but your daily mileage increase might offset that for the hassle? I know you don’t like FE, but no BM for ya either?
Good discussion! I just got my R1 Shop confirm delivery address email, so I should have access soon.

@Atlrivian - my anticipated use and thoughts match yours exactly. I was holding out for Max pack and Ocean Coast, but who knows if I can control myself once I get access. I'll be on paved surface streets most of the time, but I, too, wanted wheels and tires that could do everything and currently have the 20's configured.

@ChampagneUnicorn - that's a really good line of thinking and now that you mention it, I think would be ideal. I'd prefer to buy the OEM A/T 20's or A/T darks, but I'm guessing Rivian wants to save such parts for new car sales. I guess at some point extra OEM wheel sets will be available for purchase, so I'm going to consider your idea strongly once I can start browsing the shop.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Despite my nigh zealotry, my wife had not looked at any color combos or wheels before we went on our test drive. She took one look at the 21s and said "We're not getting those right?" I think we could both live with 21s, but hard to bring myself to spend another 5k on a second set of wheels.

And yea I'm going with BM interior.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Despite my nigh zealotry, my wife had not looked at any color combos or wheels before we went on our test drive. She took one look at the 21s and said "We're not getting those right?" I think we could both live with 21s, but hard to bring myself to spend another 5k on a second set of wheels.

And yea I'm going with BM interior.
I agree with your wife, the 21s look like hot garbage with the aero covers (imo), but with what @SACDFJC did with satin powder coat and pulling them off, I can live with that for around 1k!
@Craigins, I’ve definitely been on that forum and I do see your point for sure. I’ve seen some other forums I can throw up with upcoming products, though nothing is out on the shelf yet I’m pretty sure. My guess would be Martians will be first and maybe Mark comes through with his forged design. I need to admit, I’m running on my timeline of an R1S and AtlRivian could take delivery in less than a month and have plenty of Summer weather to 4Wheel his ass off.
@shrink - that would be the best solution. OEM is definitely the move and I guess I’m forced into that timeframe when they *may* actually catch-up with 20” AT needs.
But overall I see all three of your points and I need a snow tire which puts me back into the 22” option game and praying I somehow fall into some mythical Nokians if they’re ever in stock again…
Sponsored