Sponsored

Find your Rivian Order Number & Post it Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagelConsultant

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace, Jaguar XKR Convertible
Occupation
Tech Stuff
Made my reservation the other day and there's nowhere to find out how far down the line I am, but TBH I'll be happy to get a build slot in 18-24 months. Current vehicle is great and not old.
Sponsored

SwifferPNW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Mazda 3, '21 Zero SR/F
Made my reservation the other day and there's nowhere to find out how far down the line I am, but TBH I'll be happy to get a build slot in 18-24 months. Current vehicle is great and not old.
Reservation Date Sept 3 '21, would love to see it in 2022 but not holding my breath. Hopefully my 15 year old car and hold out long enough. I have a Zero Motorcycle to fall back on if it's close.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Reservation Date Sept 3 '21, would love to see it in 2022 but not holding my breath. Hopefully my 15 year old car and hold out long enough. I have a Zero Motorcycle to fall back on if it's close.
According to the S1 just filed Rivian had less than 50K of orders on Sept 29 2021. If they can't ramp up to produce 50K of vehicles by the end of 2022 they have some major issues.

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
I have no idea what my order number is… just out of curiosity, if I ordered an R1S in April 2020, where do you think I stand? Only number I can find is the 40,000 range and now we know thats about the total number of preorders thru September…

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Can we agree that the order #'s in the early LE and other orders ending on Aug 5th (?) that ranged from 1000 to over 50000 have no real meaning other than sequence at this point? Since Rivian has stated that they have less than 50K total pre-orders ending 9/30/21 there would have to have been many, many cancellations for this to have been accurate at one point.

EX: If a June 2020 URL order number is 50XXX and 15 months later there are only roughly 50K total pre-orders confirmed by Rivian then that 50XXX pre-order number has to be closer to 7XXX (?) in a build slot sequence... maybe?

While on the subject - with 50K preorders for both the R1T and R1S let's assume 30K are R1T's. Maybe 10K of those are LE's and maybe 5K of those are to be distributed to the first four geographic areas. That means they need to deliver about 750 to 1250 vehicles per area before end of year or Thanksgiving ??

Seems perfectly doable - ;-)

PS - I just want my R1T LE so I'm rationalizing the process!!

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Can we agree that the order #'s in the early LE and other orders ending on Aug 5th (?) that ranged from 1000 to over 50000 have no real meaning other than sequence at this point? Since Rivian has stated that they have less than 50K total pre-orders ending 9/30/21 there would have to have been many, many cancellations for this to have been accurate at one point.

EX: If a June 2020 URL order number is 50XXX and 15 months later there are only roughly 50K total pre-orders confirmed by Rivian then that 50XXX pre-order number has to be closer to 7XXX (?) in a build slot sequence... maybe?

While on the subject - with 50K preorders for both the R1T and R1S let's assume 30K are R1T's. Maybe 10K of those are LE's and maybe 5K of those are to be distributed to the first four geographic areas. That means they need to deliver about 750 to 1250 vehicles per area before end of year or Thanksgiving ??

Seems perfectly doable - ;-)

PS - I just want my R1T LE so I'm rationalizing the process!!
A quick Google search shows estimates that 12% to 24% of Model 3 preorders were cancelled. Can we assume a similar cancellation rate for Rivian, so there are really ~40k preorders that will get fullfilled? ?

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
I don't think this technique still works to find out your order #?

In any case... I first placed a preorder on 6/7/2019, then cancelled when the production time kept slipping. As soon as the configurator went live, I got all giggly and placed another preorder on 7/12/2021.

I just reviewed my emails and one of the emails after cancelling suggested I could "get back in line" if I decide to preorder again. I figured I'd email Rivian and see if I can get my original spot "back in line". If so, I'd be one of the early ones again at around order # 11-12k, I think, based on what I've seen in this thread. I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Maybe its time to lock this thread? This thread continues to lead to confusion among new members as the new posters don't read through all 40 pages.

Here's the story: In July 2020, when Rivian news was all but a trickle, some enterprising Riviot sleuths discovered that encoded in the emails Rivian sent (and later your Rivian login) was a specific ID number of each pre-order holder. After some further sleuthing, it was determined that this ID number increased sequentially based on the date that each pre-order holder made their reservation. Thus, the assumption was that this number was your Rivian pre-order number and showed your place in line.

Forum members posted their order number and pre-order date. Other members were able to chart these numbers and make guesses about order rates and delivery timing.

There appeared to be some quirks in the sequence of numbers. Order numbers appeared to start at 1,000; there was a gap of 10,000 numbers between Dec 31, 2019 and Jan 1, 2020; and another gap of 5,000 at the end of April 2020. Later data points may have filled in some of these gaps.

Around August 2020, and likely in response to the sleuths, Rivian's order system changed. People who placed a pre-order staring around August 2020 started getting a random 7 digit user ID rather than the sequential order number. If you made a deposit after this date, you do not get a sequential user ID number like those who preordered prior to this date.

Sometime later, some other enterprising Riviots pointed out that the Order numbers may have been over reporting the actual number or Rivian pre-order numbers. Rivian's website may have been generating numbers when people put a pre-order in their "cart" but did not actually go through with the deposit.

Fast forward to today and we now know from Rivian's S-1 IPO filing that Rivian had 48,390 R1T/R1S preorders as of September 30, 2021 (apparently inclusive of LE and non-LE orders).

Rivian also has made clear that is not delivering vehicles sequentially based entirely on preorder number priority. Rivian is delivering LE R1Ts first, based on when the preorder was placed, the location of the order, and the vehicle configuration ordered. What we have seen recently is that Rivian appears to be planning initial deliveries in locations where it has a completed service center, so at least initially not to deliver a vehicle somewhere Rivian cannot easily service it.

The real kicker is that all the final analysis on the Nov 2018 - August 2020 "preorder numbers" showed that the numbers increased sequentially at a fairly linear rate. In other words, the date in which you made your deposit between when preorders were first accepted (Nov 2018) and when LE vehicles sold out (Nov 2020) is likely a better indicator of your "priority" than any hidden number.

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
I have a new reservation and just did this. The email format has changed it seems. There will be a link in the text "Learn more." I found mine that way.

i just tried again doing that and found this:

""If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by November with expected delivery timing. All other configurations for both the United States and Canada will begin as early as January 2022. Your Guide will reach out when it’s time to prepare for delivery based on your configuration, location and when you placed your preorder — this can’t be requested through Customer Service. Configure and place a preorder for the R1T and the R "

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Maybe its time to lock this thread? This thread continues to lead to confusion among new members as the new posters don't read through all 40 pages.

Here's the story: In July 2020, when Rivian news was all but a trickle, some enterprising Riviot sleuths discovered that encoded in the emails Rivian sent (and later your Rivian login) was a specific ID number of each pre-order holder. After some further sleuthing, it was determined that this ID number increased sequentially based on the date that each pre-order holder made their reservation. Thus, the assumption was that this number was your Rivian pre-order number and showed your place in line.

Forum members posted their order number and pre-order date. Other members were able to chart these numbers and make guesses about order rates and delivery timing.

There appeared to be some quirks in the sequence of numbers. Order numbers appeared to start at 1,000; there was a gap of 10,000 numbers between Dec 31, 2019 and Jan 1, 2020; and another gap of 5,000 at the end of April 2020. Later data points may have filled in some of these gaps.

Around August 2020, and likely in response to the sleuths, Rivian's order system changed. People who placed a pre-order staring around August 2020 started getting a random 7 digit user ID rather than the sequential order number. If you made a deposit after this date, you do not get a sequential user ID number like those who preordered prior to this date.

Sometime later, some other enterprising Riviots pointed out that the Order numbers may have been over reporting the actual number or Rivian pre-order numbers. Rivian's website may have been generating numbers when people put a pre-order in their "cart" but did not actually go through with the deposit.

Fast forward to today and we now know from Rivian's S-1 IPO filing that Rivian had 48,390 R1T/R1S preorders as of September 30, 2021 (apparently inclusive of LE and non-LE orders).

Rivian also has made clear that is not delivering vehicles sequentially based entirely on preorder number priority. Rivian is delivering LE R1Ts first, based on when the preorder was placed, the location of the order, and the vehicle configuration ordered. What we have seen recently is that Rivian appears to be planning initial deliveries in locations where it has a completed service center, so at least initially not to deliver a vehicle somewhere Rivian cannot easily service it.

The real kicker is that all the final analysis on the Nov 2018 - August 2020 "preorder numbers" showed that the numbers increased sequentially at a fairly linear rate. In other words, the date in which you made your deposit between when preorders were first accepted (Nov 2018) and when LE vehicles sold out (Nov 2020) is likely a better indicator of your "priority" than any hidden number.
⬆ Thanks for a great summary. This is IMO the perfect place to lock the thread. It was fun to sleuth when there was nothing better to do but we now know there are 48K preorders and they are confident (in the face of ongoing pandemic supply chain issues) that 100% of those will be delivered in 2022. I forget the # from the S1 but I think they said capacity would hit 120-150K? They’ll probably ship 2 cars this week, 4 next week, then 8, then 16, etc. until the line speed eventually hits the ceiling.

I have a mid 2020 non-LE order and best guess is that would place me in the first 1/3 to first 1/2 of orders, if you assume that order rate has accelerated over the last year (as company got more well known) and as people in front of me cancelled.

If Rivian ships at least 50K vehicles before EOY 2022, I’m guessing I get mine in 1st half of next year, likely late Q2. But who knows. ALL car companies are having trouble filling orders right now so if anybody poops the bed next year, it would more likely be a startup.

First Name
Lothar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Quad R1T , VW ID4, Tacoma
Occupation
Project Manager
I don't think this technique still works to find out your order #?

In any case... I first placed a preorder on 6/7/2019, then cancelled when the production time kept slipping. As soon as the configurator went live, I got all giggly and placed another preorder on 7/12/2021.

I just reviewed my emails and one of the emails after cancelling suggested I could "get back in line" if I decide to preorder again. I figured I'd email Rivian and see if I can get my original spot "back in line". If so, I'd be one of the early ones again at around order # 11-12k, I think, based on what I've seen in this thread. I'll let you know how it goes!
To be honest I think responding and finding a way to shuffle with the sequence requires some spare time on Rivian part I doubt they have. I used to work in supply chain and factory priority/sequence changes were usually a nightmare. Granted this is all far down the build pipeline. But making these changes can still cause issues. Good luck though successfully’bumping’ someone else. ?

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
To be honest I think responding and finding a way to shuffle with the sequence requires some spare time on Rivian part I doubt they have. I used to work in supply chain and factory priority/sequence changes were usually a nightmare. Granted this is all far down the build pipeline. But making these changes can still cause issues. Good luck though successfully’bumping’ someone else. ?
They... didn't bump me :p. Oh well! I'm hoping for 2022 still though.

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just placed the order last week for R1T with max battery pack, kitchen and tent option.. I guess it'll be a minimum of 2+ years before I can see mine.. :-(

Hopefully they can figure out the way to ramp up the production..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.